Page 9 of 15 FirstFirst ... 7891011 ... LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: iPhone 1.1.3 Firmware Preview Gallery

Quote Originally Posted by iPhoneWriter View Post
    Three things:
    1. Within the preferences for iTunes, make sure that "Disable automatic synching for all iPhones and iPods" is checked.
    2. On the Summary tab for your iPhone within iTunes, make sure that the "Automatically synch when iPhone is connected" is not checked
    3. Most Importantly: don't click the "Update" button, once v1.1.3 is out (this is the step that causes Lemmings the most trouble.)

Hope this helps...
    Thanks and done!

Does this mean I can't transfer music and movies to my iPhone via itunes?

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Aus_Rider_22 For This Useful Post:

pixelation03 (01-01-2008)

Quote Originally Posted by Aus_Rider_22 View Post
    Thanks and done!

Yeah but you have to do it manually. Just tick all music boxes then click sync.
    Iphone Love... I dreamed of a iphone before it was out..

Quote Originally Posted by Aus_Rider_22 View Post
    No, you can still synch your iPhone now, it's just a manual process (you have to click 'synch' now) to keep any potential auto-updating from happening.

The previous suggestions should keep you from updating/upgrading your iPhone. Even after v1.1.3 comes out though, with the previous suggestions heeded, you can continue to synch your iPhone and iTunes.

Hope this helps...
    - iPhoneWriter.com

New video is up showing ALL the features of the new update..

http://gizmodo.com/339055/full-video...e-113-features

But Im still gunna wait for it to be jailbroken. I use my gameboy advance app way too much not to wait.

Quote Originally Posted by iPhoneWriter View Post
    No, you can still synch your iPhone now, it's just a manual process (you have to click 'synch' now) to keep any potential auto-updating from happening.

The previous suggestions should keep you from updating/upgrading your iPhone. Even after v1.1.3 comes out though, with the previous suggestions heeded, you can continue to synch your iPhone and iTunes.

Hope this helps...
    I though as long as I dont click the update button it shouldnt update to the new software, but now we have to click manual sync as well? Is Apple forcing updates?
    Last edited by sailorguido; 12-30-2007 at 07:46 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Quote Originally Posted by sailorguido View Post
    I though as long as I dont click the update button it shouldnt update to the new software, but now we have to click manual sync as well? Is Apple forcing updates?
    No, at least not that I am aware of anyway. The step of making the 'synch' manual is mostly a precaution for the masses of Lemmings who don't know better.

Of course, should Apple start to have automatic updates (which one could see why they might) turning off automatic synch sure won't hurt.
    - iPhoneWriter.com

Yeah i saw that new video in gizmodo.

Default Download
    So is there any way to get my hands on this yet.

9. The Following User Says Thank You to dapengi For This Useful Post:

ChrisLF (12-31-2007)

Quote Originally Posted by dapengi View Post
    So is there any way to get my hands on this yet.
    No. The person with the phone said he wont release the file of the firmware, and idk why you would want it unless you plan on running a completely stock iphone...

LOL yeah why would you want it?

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

I dont know if this question was already asked or adressed, but when i watched the video of nate rearranging the icons on his 1.1.3 iphone, I noticed his carrier icon said "Nate" and not AT&T" heres the link:

http://cre.ations.net/blog/post/ipho...angement-video

Yeah its because of an APP from Erica Sadun its a APP that wont get removed when you update your firmware.

WTB: update for iTunes including x64 drivers for vista... till then, any iPhone updates are worthless to me

and...

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

idk, thats kinda hard to believe, i knew about this before asking, but i was lead to believe that non of the apps even work on 1.1.3 i know that this happens when you upgrade from 1.1.1 to 1.1.2

Yeah that makes no sense. Why would that one app stay but the rest get deleted?

Becasue its by Erica sadun it doesn't go away its like a permanent app.

Updates have no effect on it.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

what a great thing i just wounder what the 1.1.4 is gonna have on it?

Quote Originally Posted by yowiphone View Post
    Becasue its by Erica sadun it doesn't go away its like a permanent app.

Updates have no effect on it.
    And she is some sort of magician? If she cant get an app to stay why doesn't she share the info so all the apps can be coded to resist the updates?

Quote Originally Posted by sailorguido View Post
    And she is some sort of magician? If she cant get an app to stay why doesn't she share the info so all the apps can be coded to resist the updates?
    DUDE its just a carrier name she just SSH'd a small 1KB file which has a name other than att that replaces the att one.

I thought 1.1.3 was supposed to include disk-mode support. Any knowledge on this?

Page 9 of 15 FirstFirst ... 7891011 ... LastLast