Page 5 of 15 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: iPhone 1.1.3 Firmware Preview Gallery

Banned
    Thanks

wait, I think I'm sort of confused...

i thought that the new Google Maps feature lets you input a cell phone number and then locate that person, wasn't this the original plan?

Quote Originally Posted by dale1v View Post
    1.1.3 will brick our unlocked iPhones? Sh*t, we're stuck between a rock and hard place now. I'm not happy.
    Even though this looks like a relatively large update in comparison from 1.1.1 to 1.1.2, there still isn't much there you can't replicate with a jailbroken phone anyway. This is an awesome update for the larger community of iPhone users who have never heard of jailbreaking, or who choose not to do it, but for us, it's still relatively minor.

Even if this "rumor" of the update is true, what does this really give us? No video...still, no MMS....STILL, and what's the point of having added Map buttons IF WE DONT HAVE GPS CAPABILITIES YET?!
    So 1.1.3 gives us basically NILL as far as things we need. A new short-cut button to GearLive? Pfft. Skip. Buttons we can't use for Google Maps. Again, pointless til a GPS plugable receiver/data converter can be purchased. Whats left? Oh, change the location of buttons on the Home Screen? We've been able to do that since Customize and even before. I just don't see all the hype for this release. It brings NOTHING that we've been waiting for and all it does is waste our time after we update to replace everything we've already installed. Someone poke me when they bring MMS and a working Video recorder to the table.

My iPhone is a Part of Me
    Thanks

Here we go again...!
    Good Stuff

Briking unbriking or simple update and Unlocking starts again ........

Thanks

yeah how hard is it to get a video recorder working, every cheapass cell has one!

They are probably not including everything people want because then there will be nothing to BUY when the iTunes store finally starts offering apps and stuff.

pretty good stuff. even though i don't use google maps that much, its good that apple is giving it a face lift.

the new apple "Customize/Smb" looks legit. I guess the folks over at cupertino is also installing 3rd party apps.

Can't wait...but i gotta update my 1.1.1 first. hihihihih.
    1st Gen iPhone 2.0 - Jailbroken and Unlocked on T-Mobile

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by czeluff View Post
    Please correct me if i'm wrong, but...

Don't we have an app called oneSIM thatll reverse this before updating?

Oh well, I guess I can make more money de-bricking phones :P
    But when we do use onesim, and update, we'll be able to enjoy looking at the iPhone activation screen for fun. And look at 1.1.2...it hasn't been unlocked yet....now when 1.1.3 is released, it may be even more difficult. Apple are winning the battle! We can't let that happen!
    [RIGHT][LEFT][IMG]http://lookpic.com/i/470/QsIbAobp.jpeg[/IMG]
    [/LEFT][QUOTE]Microsoft owns the internet through Hotmail. The .HTML is short for Hotmail, so all .HTML files are MS files.[/QUOTE][URL="http://twitter.com/dale1v"][SIZE=2][COLOR=Cyan][I]twitter.com/dale1v[/I][/COLOR][/SIZE][/URL]
    [/RIGHT]

oh great,
    I haven't even been able to update my 1.0.2 to 1.1.1 and we soon will have.3
    Great , the updates looks promissing thiugh.
    Why cant we have apps like i brickr who does the whole trick???

I don't see why apple is wasting there time with this junk, I think that the multi person txt is awsome, but we should all be focusing on what all the other cheap phones have that our ferrari of phones dosn't, such as MMS, Video recorder, a camera with zoom would be nice even though you can stretch the pic after. someone at apple needs to wake up and realize tey arn't the sh*t till they get all this small stuff worked out.

Maybe Apple isn't wasting any time.

My bet is that apple is now saving major revisions, and new features for the next iphone....you know.....the one with 3G.

If I were apple, I would probably be doing just that....and the 1.0 iphones.....well they will finally get a major update some time well past the release of 2.0.

This is the cell phone industry way of doing things.

Why else would Apple release what appears to be a largely pointless revision?

My iPhone is a Part of Me lifesmymachine's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by VooDooD View Post
    ....how generous of them to use Safari to go to gearlive! If it's real, Gearlive have a 1.1.3....

I'm thinking fake.
    agreed, plus gearlive doesnt exactly have a lot of true rumors under their belt

what a great way to attract thousands of visitors to their site (and make a killing off advertisements)
    "The glory is not in never falling, but in rising every time you fall."

Quote Originally Posted by lifesmymachine View Post
    agreed, plus gearlive doesnt exactly have a lot of true rumors under their belt

what a great way to attract thousands of visitors to their site (and make a killing off advertisements)
    Seriously, I bet you just nailed it right there. Why would Apple add a Gear anything icon to the iPhone? To visit? No. This smells like a total fake and the "updates" don't give us crap anyway. Why update the Google Maps when you ahve ZERO GPS capability? If there was such a device ready for mass production we'd already know about it. There isn't. Yes GPS does work on the iPhone, but besides that one device made to do it there isn't anything for the rest of us.

NO VIDEO RECORDER AND NO MMS = WORTHLESS UPDATES!!!

my two pennies worth apart from the firmware 1.1.3 wich apple well know we all waiting for, most of the applications on offer can be made by us lot in one way or another, we have some pretty good developers already so hang tight and let the unlockers crack the firmware. if apple wont play ball with the customers sod them, they are probably laughing at us anyway because in a way we are developing apps that they are probably going to use in a simular way, like moving app positions which we are all ready doing. dont get suckered in to new releases because they offer a few stupid applications which are simular to ones we already using summerboard is far more than whats on offer.

Thanks

hmmm. And according to another member, when Apple add major new features to firmware, its 2nd digit of the version number changes, not the last one: (1.2.0 as opposed to 1.1.3). And the Gearlive thing is a very unlikely shortcut that Apple would put on the SpringBoard; it would most likely be starbucks.com or apple.com or something.
    [RIGHT][LEFT][IMG]http://lookpic.com/i/470/QsIbAobp.jpeg[/IMG]
    [/LEFT][QUOTE]Microsoft owns the internet through Hotmail. The .HTML is short for Hotmail, so all .HTML files are MS files.[/QUOTE][URL="http://twitter.com/dale1v"][SIZE=2][COLOR=Cyan][I]twitter.com/dale1v[/I][/COLOR][/SIZE][/URL]
    [/RIGHT]

Quote Originally Posted by pcuserforever View Post
    i am disgusted with apple's support. i am still waiting for A2DP, mms, good gps, bluetooth file transfer, and cut and paste, not an app to order at Mcdonalds. i stopped eating that crap when i was a kid. wtf apple! you have an innovative product that people are screaming for you to improve on. why are you wasting your time trying to lock everyone out and stop all the wonderful innovation.
    I think Jobs needs to watch the 1984 macintosh commercial again.......

" you will become what you destroy "
    I AGREE! apple acts more like microsoft every year. os 9 apple would punch os X.5 apple in the face for the way they treat their customers (and for a myriad of other reasons).
    and serisouly, wtf. theres SO many bigger fish to fry than anything i've heard from this thread or others about 1.1.3.

some of these previously stated, i know but still:
    bluetooth (thats not useless)

mms

copy and paste (hellooooo)

LANDSCAPE KEYBOARD!!! come on! in safari, but NOT in SMS???

file saving/download manager for safari. (come on, you mean i can't save a funny jpeg and use it for my background without syncing with a desktop??? wtf)

camera movies (we all know its not hardware restriction thanks to drunknbass)

iChat! (aim/msn/yahoo/icq etc. etc. etc....)

manual sync music in iTunes
    warning! rant ahead: (okay, i know manual sync isn't as big a deal as the others, but still. seriously, i thought apple was all about drag n' drop. oooh right, that was os 9 apple, not os X apple that is more concerned with making the big bucks via the itunes store. what was the big thing in the 1.1.1 update? bluetooth transfer/sync? no. MMS? no. OH RIGHT the itunes store. yeah, i hide that with customize. HEY APPLE NO ONE CARES ABOUT THE ITUNES STORE. WE WANT COPY/PASTE NOT A FREAKING ADVERTISEMENT ON OUR SPRINGBOARD. sheesh)

i know theres more missing stuff but i sidetracked myself with that rant

COME ON APPLE! these are THE MOST BASIC FEATURES EVER!! my crap windows mobile MDA did ALL these things out of the box!! (not that i would trade it back for anything, but still) and i thought the WHOLE point of these "semi-smart phones" (sidekicks, helios, and iPhones) is to come with everything you need right out of the box. hmmmph. well i seem to have found lots of things i need in the installer.app...

and yes i know its icky to categorize the iPhone with sidekicks and helios, but the 3 of them are the ONLY "semi-smart phones" out there. IMO, "semi-smart phone" is just another way of saying "we're following t-mobile's Sidekick business plan of being SOLE retailers of the software available for our exclusive devices." and thats pretty icky. i LOVE mac desktop OS. but if the only place i could get software for it was from apple, i'd throw my macbook out the freakin' window. thats the EXACT reason why i sold my sidekick 2 three years ago. "i HAVE to purchase ringtones/apps from t-mobile? wtf" but, we can all cross our fingers that after they open the iPhone OS, it will ACTUALLY be open, not just open for huge mega-corporations to make apps to sell through itunes (a la ipod classic games available through itunes). and seeing the homescreen expansion gives me hope. but honestly, i expect to see bejewled, ms.pacman....... and thats it. thanks apple.
    in the meantime, i'll give my money to people like zodTTD for developing psx and gba emulators, and other homebrew programmers, and attempt to not give apple a penny.

Quote Originally Posted by cyber_bilal View Post
    DEV team is waiting for an update of baseband right?? Now since Apple knows that the OTB 1.1.2 baseband cant be unlocked yet, they are not gonna update the baseband in V1.1.3.

I doubt regarding the unlock solution for 1.1.3
    i understand this concern, but i think apple is considering other things more than this, and i don't think they are against the community as much as some would believe. they (now) take a neutral stance (from what i've read).

Quote Originally Posted by macky801 View Post
    So what happened to the rumors of Voice Capture and Disk Mode?

Those were two of the many things I want, but hey, any progress is still good.
    this is the biggest reason why i'm still skeptical of these screenshots...

Quote Originally Posted by Sidetalker View Post
    awesome...

hey everyone wanting copy and paste so bad just think for a minute...how would they implement it?

i thought about it for a good long time and came up with no good way to do it and im guessing thats the reason we still dont have it...if anyone has an idea lemme know!
    come on! theres a million ways they could add copy/paste.

Quote Originally Posted by back2thebeatof84 View Post
    Aaaaaaah. I can already see it in a guide:

"::GUIDE:: How to Upgrade to jailbroken 1.1.3"

downgrade from 1.1.2 to 1.1.1. 1.1.1 to 1.0.2. baseband downgrade. kick yourself in the shins. 1.0.2 to 1.1.1 to 1.1.2 to 1.1.3 and then gauge your eyes out with egg beaters.
    LMAO sooo true.

okay, long post. sorry. i had a lot to say, and i feel much better now.
    Last edited by b3nny; 12-29-2007 at 05:00 PM.

17. The Following User Says Thank You to b3nny For This Useful Post:

evilp8ntballer7 (01-01-2008)

and yes i know its icky to categorize the iPhone with sidekicks and helios, but the 3 of them are the ONLY "semi-smart phones" out there. IMO, "semi-smart phone" is just another way of saying "we're following t-mobile's Sidekick business plan of being SOLE retailers of the software available for our exclusive devices." and thats pretty icky. i LOVE mac desktop OS. but if the only place i could get software for it was from apple, i'd throw my macbook out the freakin' window. thats the EXACT reason why i sold my sidekick 2 three years ago. "i HAVE to purchase ringtones/apps from t-mobile? wtf" but, we can all cross our fingers that after they open the iPhone OS, it will ACTUALLY be open, not just open for huge mega-corporations to make apps to sell through itunes (a la ipod classic games available through itunes). and seeing the homescreen expansion gives me hope. but honestly, i expect to see bejewled, ms.pacman....... and thats it. thanks apple.
    in the meantime, i'll give my money to people like zodTTD for developing psx and gba emulators, and other homebrew programmers, and attempt to not give apple a penny.

Agreed. Thats what Im saying. The emulators zodTTD have given us bring awesome games to the iphone, everything from Street Fighter to Super Mario World to Wolfenstein 3D. What has Apple done in the way of ipod games? Its been two years that games were introduced on ipods and all they have is bejeweled, ms. pacman and couple other crappy games. No thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by sogo View Post
    yeah how hard is it to get a video recorder working, every cheapass cell has one!
    Luckily drunkenbass is making one, that seems to be amazing...

Quote Originally Posted by devlinrandom View Post
    Looks interesting if true. If it can be jailbroken, I'll be there. If not, I'll hold off and see what the SDK brings, if it actually comes about.
    Same, I am pretty picky about upgrading, but this seems likes its actually worthy of me upgrading. Luckily my phone is locked and I dont have to go through the trouble of unlocking my phone
    Last edited by ajl917; 12-29-2007 at 05:32 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

I'm not upgrading until there's an easy software unlock for 1.1.3. I'm fine on 1.1.1, I don't want to be on in a hurry and brick my phone.
    iPhone FW 2.2.1, Jailbroken and Unlocked!

Man, I love this place.

I used to have this really bad *** old hacked psp with all of this homebrew on it and all these cool features, then I sold it and dropped out of that scene. I tried to help my friend break one of his down and all I found were 20 million guides to DOWNGRADE TO BLAH FROM BLAH TO BLAH FROM BLAH AND DO THIS WITH BLAH AND HAHAHA BLAH. Man, I was so lost I told him I'd go get my own psp agian and help him later. The iPhone is so going to turn into the same game, I'm not dropping out of this one!!!!!

Page 5 of 15 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast