+ Reply
Page 3 of 15 FirstFirst 12345 13 ... LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: iPhone 1.1.3 Firmware Preview Gallery

is a discussion within the

iPhone News

forums, a part of the

General iPhone

section;
looks great. also looks like a problem for summerboard
    Thanks

looks great. also looks like a problem for summerboard

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    call me pessimistic, but its worthless unless they create a way to copy,paste, and select text in safari.

Thats all i wanted for christmas

iPhone? More like MyPhone RaMod's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by boioglu View Post
    if you cannot see the screenshots you can find em here ( http://www.boioglu.ro/iphone-113-scr...-and-features/ ) as well.

sorry, the blog is in romanian, but the pictures are... in every language :P

copyright@geralive of course...
    Mersi mult de informatie!

Well, I guess we all have to wait and see. I hope they have more than just the little tricks that we can see right now on the websites.

Later,
    RaMod
    RaMod!
    If I helped you out, please press ... thanks!

=The iPhone?!...wait!...what happened!?=

Green Apple
    Thanks

Maybe its just me, but does anyone else think this update is a pointless trade for a jailbroken phone? I already have pagination on my jailbroken phone and move apps around, there is already triangulated GPS on jailbroken phones (which is poor at best anyways) and rarely do I text more than one person at once. So why would I want to trade my games, and awesome third party apps for that? I think Ill wait. If they come up with an easy jailbreak for this version THEN I will update.

Green Apple
    Thanks

There's nothing I've seen in the update that I have been salivating over. OTOH, I am all for progress. I would like a new update every month. I would like for Apple to be on their game so well that I would not even want a jailbroken phone. For now, I am very happy with Jailbreaking, and I think I will be for a long time to come.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by sailorguido View Post
    Maybe its just me, but does anyone else think this update is a pointless trade for a jailbroken phone? I already have pagination on my jailbroken phone and move apps around, there is already triangulated GPS on jailbroken phones (which is poor at best anyways) and rarely do I text more than one person at once. So why would I want to trade my games, and awesome third party apps for that? I think Ill wait. If they come up with an easy jailbreak for this version THEN I will update.
    +1

7. The Following User Says Thank You to akelley For This Useful Post:

evilp8ntballer7 (01-01-2008)

iPhoneaholic
    Thanks

**** yea. i can't wait for this to drop. since i can't get my upgraded to 1.1.2 phone jailbroke.

Thanks

I like how Apple is finally incorporating some 3rd party apps, but I wish the would just make it easy to jailbreak your phone instead of this hard process with 1.1.2.

Thanks

Default 1984=2007
    Quote Originally Posted by Cire View Post
    pc, as a long time windows and mac user, I can assure you that your Apple experience regarding updates will be drastically different from your Microsoft experience. I purchased a first-gen iPod and was amazed for years at new features being added in upgrades. If not for that experience and for my experience with Mac OS X 10.0 on, I would have been more hesitant to become an iPhone early adopter. But I have no doubt that we will be very satisfied by how Apple updates our software. And I doubt very much Apple will charge for anything less than major updates just like it does with its system software.
    this is the response to the first post i made on mmi. it's been about 5 months and look what we are talking about today; stupid updates. apple has lost a guy who might have bought a mac to mess with. the phone still works good but these stupid updates are the worst. i love donating to the DEV team, but wouldn't you rather pay a fee for an update that does what you want and know that it won't brick your phone? i am disgusted with apple's support. i am still waiting for A2DP, mms, good gps, bluetooth file transfer, and cut and paste, not an app to order at Mcdonalds. i stopped eating that crap when i was a kid. wtf apple! you have an innovative product that people are screaming for you to improve on. why are you wasting your time trying to lock everyone out and stop all the wonderful innovation.
    I think Jobs needs to watch the 1984 macintosh commercial again.......

" you will become what you destroy "

11. The Following User Says Thank You to pcuserforever For This Useful Post:

evilp8ntballer7 (01-01-2008)

Thanks

looking forward to the new update, yet as many of you have stated already... there is so many more aspects of the device that need updating. C'mon apple, give us what we ask for!

Livin the iPhone Life Napoleon_PhoneApart's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by ctro82 View Post
    call me pessimistic, but its worthless unless they create a way to copy,paste, and select text in safari.

Thats all i wanted for christmas
    I'm with you! Copy & paste!

Owner / Founder - ModMyi
    aka poetic_folly
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,799 Times in 1,223 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by ToxicFTW View Post
    How do we know this isn't bogus? TUAW would have this on their website already.
    Ha, they do. Turns out we can post news too.

↑ ↑ ↓ ↓ ← → ← → B A [select] [start] Kyle Matthews

Thanks

that is funny pf. we do want news

iPhone? More like MyPhone taylorcold's Avatar
    Thanks

Hate to disappoint you but there is no reason to believe this update is going to change anything on the unlock situation. They didnt unlock 1.1.2 so why do you thins 1.1.3 is going to be any different?

Sorry to burst your bubble.

So where is YUOR research to prove otherwise?? Why do u think they will unlock 1.1.3 when they couldnt touch 1.1.2???

Wishful thinking doesnt get it done bud.

So where is YOUR research to prove otherwise?? Why do u think they will unlock 1.1.3 when they couldnt touch 1.1.2???

Last edited by taylorcold; 12-29-2007 at 10:14 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by taylorcold View Post
    Hate to disappoint you but there is no reason to believe this update is going to change anything on the unlock situation. They didnt unlock 1.1.2 so why do you thins 1.1.3 is going to be any different?

Sorry to burst your bubble.

So where is YUOR research to prove otherwise?? Why do u think they will unlock 1.1.3 when they couldnt touch 1.1.2???

So where is YOUR research to prove otherwise?? Why do u think they will unlock 1.1.3 when they couldnt touch 1.1.2???

i'll try to explain it very slowly because this is the way i understand it (very simple terms). if i am wrong, please someone tell me.

when apple updates the firmware the first time, the baseband allows the software to be changed. the dev team needs to see how this process works in order to create an unlock process. in other words, after a baseband upgrade, they have to wait for another update to see how the baseband is modified to provide an unlock solution.

did i get it, sort of?

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    Last edited by mjmills; 12-29-2007 at 10:24 AM. Reason: Point already raised by pcuserforever whilst I wrote it

Thanks

seems unlocking is one step behind updates.

Owner / Founder - ModMyi
    aka poetic_folly
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,799 Times in 1,223 Posts

Essentially, right. It is helpful.

↑ ↑ ↓ ↓ ← → ← → B A [select] [start] Kyle Matthews

21. The Following User Says Thank You to Kyle Matthews For This Useful Post:

pcuserforever (12-29-2007)

Thanks

WOW! i'm right? looks like all the reading has paid off!

Livin the iPhone Life billchase2's Avatar
    Thanks

if this is all true... sweet! definitely some improvements! perhaps i'll finally upgrade from 1.1.1... haha
    21.5" iMac 3.06 GHz Intel Core i3 l 15" MacBook Pro 2.2 GHz Intel Core i7 l 17" PowerBook 1.67 GHz
    iPhone 4 32 GB l  TV 160 GB l 32 GB iPad