Page 13 of 15 FirstFirst ... 31112131415 LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: iPhone 1.1.3 Firmware Preview Gallery

Quote Originally Posted by pingwhen View Post
    copy paste ha ha I'd like to see how they do this
    touch with 2 fingers (index and middle of right hand for instance) then double tap with index finger... this enters copy mode.... lift middle finger and touch beginning of range, then slide finger to end.... its copied go to the place to put it, 2 finger touch again, this time triple tap with left finger and it enters paste mode.... move middle finger and touch to bring up magnifier... place where you want it and when you let go, it pastes. Sounds complicated, but try it, I think you will find its pretty easy to do.

Quote Originally Posted by punkassjim View Post
    No offense man, but I can pretty much guarantee you don't know as much as the Apple financial planning team. And you DO know Steve Jobs has employees, right?

First, you have no idea what percentage of sold iPhones are unlocked. Whatever news you've read, it's all guesswork. Nobody knows.

Second, even if you're anywhere near right, let's say 3 million of the phones sold are locked to AT&T, and the rest are unlocked. You may think it's a win-win situation for Apple either way, and that the percentage of monthly revenue from AT&T contracts is just so damn small that it couldn't amount to vastly more money than all those unlocked phones...but I think you're forgetting to multiply that number by 3 million and put it in Apple's bank account every single month. Hell, I think any way you slice it, unlocked phones just aren't the best thing for Apple's bottom line.

Third. You may think AT&T is the devil (I'll grant that ALL cell carriers reek of brimstone), but the truth of the matter is that Apple does need partners in order to get further in any market, especially a new one (to them). And they need to keep this particular partner happy, lest they ruin their own reputation as "a reliable business ally." If they screw AT&T, I find it hard to believe they'd get very far in the future.

Fourth. A little skepticism would probably be good for you. I appreciate your optimism, but the truth is you seem to be believing (and relying on) a lot of information that you can't personally verify. I really hope you don't get let down.

I've got a feeling there's also good reason to think that perhaps there are technical reasons for modifying the baseband, whether they be rooted in security issues, or manufacturing details. Who knows what it means to have a root-logged-in portable UNIX computer constantly wired to a cellular radio (this is kind of a first, right)? And on the flip side, who knows if maybe the components inside the units have changed due to price fluctuations in the OEM market?

Truth be told, most (if not all) of the stuff about "Apple's making software decisions that are devious in order to play both sides of the fence," or "they're doing everything they can to wreck our hacking efforts," is just paranoid crap. Their developers are likely way overworked and haven't quite got the time to do anything so freakishly devious, and they certainly haven't got the time to constantly re-adjust their development strategy to accommodate the unsupported 3rd-party developer community (yet...they're building a framework/sandbox to handle that). Try to put yourself in their shoes. It ain't just "shrewd old Steve Jobs," it's a bunch of dudes like you and me, just doing their job to try and make a budding platform even better, taking their time so they don't screw it up like Microsoft would.
    Ok so let me put it in perspective If iphones sold in US that are with ATT apple would make more money right, but if people unlock theme apple wont make us much money right but they still make profits from the unit sold right.
    \Buut for International sales (OUT SIDE US) people thay buy them then unlock it apple would make profits because they are selling alot of units and there is no att there right.
    Iphone Love... I dreamed of a iphone before it was out..

This will come handy....

4. The Following User Says Thank You to DVB+ For This Useful Post:

My_Name_Is_Neo (01-04-2008)

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

So no one has found a leaked 1.1.3?
    Last edited by macky801; 01-03-2008 at 06:07 PM.

i m sure you guys already seen this but here it is again
    according to digg copy and paste is coming w00t!!!!!!!!!!

http://digg.com/apple/Next_iPhone_so...low_copy_paste

7. The Following User Says Thank You to radigroove For This Useful Post:

LaZARuZ (01-04-2008)

My iPhone is a Part of Me
    Thanks

sounds interesting. But like they said on dig ya its nice to have copy paste but tbh I have never really had the need to use it. What they need to do is save ur texts when you write them and press the home button

hurry up and release...

I might have to shackle phone and upgrade to 1.1.3.

Quote Originally Posted by yowiphone View Post
    Ok so let me put it in perspective If iphones sold in US that are with ATT apple would make more money right, but if people unlock theme apple wont make us much money right but they still make profits from the unit sold right.
    Buut for International sales (OUT SIDE US) people thay buy them then unlock it apple would make profits because they are selling alot of units and there is no att there right.
    That's too simplistic. If that is true why does Apple limit the sales? I've asked you this in the previous pages, but you have not answered it. If sales is all they care about, why limit it? (Is an answer forthcoming?)

Like punkassjim said, there's a lot more there than you or I understand. But you sound so certain about a lot of things and frankly, some of us are a little bit less optimistic about an OTB 1.1.2 unlock.
    Sydney, Australia
    If you received help, click on the Thanks button!

Quote Originally Posted by kys View Post
    I might have to shackle phone and upgrade to 1.1.3.
    Why? I mean come on, these new features are cool but no way do they outweigh the 3rd party apps and what they can do. Pinpoint me on google maps and let me move my icons around? Big whoop! I think Ill keep playing my gameboy games, nintendo, and listening to internet radio, you have fun moving icons around.

Also as far as Apple goes, forget money. Lets look at this from a legal standpoint. They have a CONTRACT with ATT. Failure to enforce the terms of the contract (including keep phones on the ATT network) could lead to a rather ugly lawsuit.

Quote Originally Posted by sailorguido View Post
    Why? I mean come on, these new features are cool but no way do they outweigh the 3rd party apps and what they can do. Pinpoint me on google maps and let me move my icons around? Big whoop! I think Ill keep playing my gameboy games, nintendo, and listening to internet radio, you have fun moving icons around.
    You've stated what's important to you, and he's clearly expressed what he'd like. To each their own, right? Me, I'm excited to install 1.1.3, but my hope is that they're going to skip right over and release a higher version to the public. And I'm not too afraid of losing my NES, MobileScrobbler, etc...because I'm not unlocked (thank god). I don't think jailbreaking 1.1.3 is gonna be an issue, my only fear is that the developer of Summerboard will have trouble creating a compatible version. That'd suck.

Quote Originally Posted by sailorguido View Post
    Also as far as Apple goes, forget money. Lets look at this from a legal standpoint. They have a CONTRACT with ATT. Failure to enforce the terms of the contract (including keep phones on the ATT network) could lead to a rather ugly lawsuit.
    Thank you! (I don't think I was likely to convince him that groping for $5 is a worse idea than being patient for $10)

if Jobs would just focus on a few of the MAIN cocerns of his customers, he would not have this nasty rep on the web like he does.
    If we could get:
    - Bluetooth FTP
    - copy/paste
    - landscape keyboards/screens in places like email and text
    - a little third party app support instead of stupid web apps
    - mms

maybe then Jobs wouldn't be looked at like some kind of hardware dictator.
    Then he could work on the "pretty" stuff like an app for ordering at choke-and-puke's.

This is kind of pushing the envelope but if he REALLY wanted to impress us he could get the hardware team working on a gps receiver for us. (laughs sarcastically)

Green Apple
    Thanks

So on a scale of 1 to 10, how likely is it that we will be able to jailbreak and unlock on 1.1.3 from previous firmwares?

My iPhone is a Part of Me
    Thanks

8 we can use the Internet flaw all the time we just have to put it in the phone. Now unlocking is a hole did story that's up to if its even possible :-/

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

has anyone been able to enhance the video here: http://video.gearlive.com/video/arti...e-walkthrough/ and find out what boot loader is on 1.1.3?

Quote Originally Posted by UV RAYS View Post
    So on a scale of 1 to 10, how likely is it that we will be able to jailbreak and unlock on 1.1.3 from previous firmwares?
    No one knows. Expect the worst, hope for the best. Do not listen to anyone who guarantees there will be an unlock and keep your hopes high. Their guess is as good as yours or mine. It's a definite maybe. If it comes, it will be flashed all over the place.
    Sydney, Australia
    If you received help, click on the Thanks button!

Quote Originally Posted by macky801 View Post
    has anyone been able to enhance the video here: http://video.gearlive.com/video/arti...e-walkthrough/ and find out what boot loader is on 1.1.3?
    According to an iPhone Dev Team member, there is a new bootloader with 1.1.3

My iPhone is a Part of Me Sidetalker's Avatar
    Thanks

Are you sure you mean bootloader...? I believe that is hardware and can only changed with a new iPhone (correct me if I'm wrong)

If you mean baseband I think it has been confirmed that there is a new baseband
    For Help
    Private Message, Email, or AIM
    (My response time might be a little long)

GUIDES:
    Expect more when I find something guide-worthy.
    PM me and let me know if you need one.

No not a bootloader. A Baseband update which is what we need to unlock our OTb 1.1.2 iphones.
    Iphone Love... I dreamed of a iphone before it was out..

Default 1.1.3 Jailbreak?
    I agree. But does anybody know if is going to be jailbreakable?

Page 13 of 15 FirstFirst ... 31112131415 LastLast