Page 12 of 15 FirstFirst ... 21011121314 ... LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: iPhone 1.1.3 Firmware Preview Gallery

Green Apple
    Thanks

That man makes a good point as well!

So much crap, so little time.

a) this update may not be the bee's knees, but it's an update that's worthwhile, and it shows that Apple's sticking to their plan and catering to the folks who've honored their agreements. Ain't much point in them catering to the hacker community, since soon it won't be a hacker community anymore, it'll be a much more open process.

c) Apple rolled out the new platform without an SDK because they wanted to get the device in our hands without delay. They've been hard at work building a software development framework that allows flexibility without sacrificing stability or security, and once that's done, the platform as a whole will be much more mature and ready for growth (kinda like Mac OS X).

c) The fact of the matter is, right now, developers are building their apps on top of a still-not-quite-fully-baked foundation. You don't really want to build the world's tallest skyscraper on quicksand, but that's kinda what our current 3rd-party developers are doing. There are many reasons why each update kills jailbreaks and unlocks. And there are many reasons why most apps for iPhone and iPod Touch are in perpetual beta. The platform isn't mature yet. And anyone who points the finger at Apple for knocking down their sand castle is just too blind to realize that they built it too close to high tide. There's a path to stability, and Apple's development team knows far better how to get it done than you do. I, for one, can't wait until Apple's plan comes to fruition (although I know the whiners and ******* will always find reasons to whine and *****).

d) I've got it on good authority from someone at Apple that, very soon, we'll all be very glad we've got iPhones. This 1.1.3 update is absolutely nothing, apparently. I've no idea what that means, but I'm stoked.

Default Updated 2 phones today.
    i did 2 phones today, 112 oob~~rolled down to..111..jail+okprep...update 2 itunes back 2 ... 112...jail and no probs...phones work w/stealth no probs

he makes a really good point!!

allthough for apple there are no lose situations now. The thing is apple obviously has to upgrade its little golden toy to keep up with the contract with ATT and the buyers complains and sujestions, but for apple its still an upgrade it doesnt mean anything. They get more money from the new upgrade from ATT monthly revenue that from the jailbroken ones but still apple doesnt care about the jailbroken ones because once they get the new upgrade on the market ATT wont sell the oldone for less they will just sell the new one, and for apple the other versions are just profits from everyone else that doesnt have ATT. So its a win win situation

Quote Originally Posted by DVB+ View Post
    i did 2 phones today, 112 oob~~rolled down to..111..jail+okprep...update 2 itunes back 2 ... 112...jail and no probs...phones work w/stealth no probs
    But still no SW sim unlock? I WANTS it!! Hahaha..
    Last edited by clevetus; 01-02-2008 at 03:06 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by eg6motion View Post
    actually, the ATT/Apple agreement gives apple a percentage of your monthly service charges under the iphone plan. So they make more money when people stick with ATT as they continue to get monthly revenue from your service.
    Ok if it wasn't for the love of unlocking/modding your iphones the sales would be way less than 5m they would be more like 2-3m units sold. Ok whats better 5m units sold or 2m units sold with a percentage of your monthly charges. YOU TELL ME

Quote Originally Posted by eddyx View Post
    he makes a really good point!!

allthough for apple there are no lose situations now. The thing is apple obviously has to upgrade its little golden toy to keep up with the contract with ATT and the buyers complains and sujestions, but for apple its still an upgrade it doesnt mean anything. They get more money from the new upgrade from ATT monthly revenue that from the jailbroken ones but still apple doesnt care about the jailbroken ones because once they get the new upgrade on the market ATT wont sell the oldone for less they will just sell the new one, and for apple the other versions are just profits from everyone else that doesnt have ATT. So its a win win situation
    Yeah thats true as well.

And STEVE.J knows that the only reason the iphone is selling really good is because its getting unlocked/modded so more people buy it international+local.

Why would he include a new Baseband if he knew that leads to unlocking the OTB 1.1.2 firmware its because he just wants Sales.

So yeah APPLE are making a 2 way profits both from its ATT customers and unlocking/modding customers.

AND I GUESS THATS WHAT THEY WANT.
    Last edited by yowiphone; 01-02-2008 at 06:05 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
    Iphone Love... I dreamed of a iphone before it was out..

Quote Originally Posted by yowiphone View Post
    Ok if it wasn't for the love of unlocking/modding your iphones the sales would be way less than 5m they would be more like 2-3m units sold.
    So why would they limit sales at Apple stores to 2 per person? (They may have increased the limit to 5.) If sales is all they care about, why limit it?
    Why would he include a new Baseband if he knew that leads to unlocking the OTB 1.1.2 firmware
    How do you know for sure that 1.1.3 comes with a new BB? And how do you know for sure that a new BB definitely leads to a 1.1.2 unlock?
    Sydney, Australia
    If you received help, click on the Thanks button!

Quote Originally Posted by truenorth View Post
    So why would they limit sales at Apple stores to 2 per person? (They may have increased the limit to 5.) If sales is all they care about, why limit it?

How do you know for sure that 1.1.3 comes with a new BB? And how do you know for sure that a new BB definitely leads to a 1.1.2 unlock?
    http://hackint0sh.org/forum/showthread.php?t=21299

PSPSULLY is part of the DEV team and he/she confirmed it, that 1.1.3 has a new baseband.

AND THEY HAVE IT the 1.1.3 IPSW
    Iphone Love... I dreamed of a iphone before it was out..

http://hackint0sh.org/forum/showthread.php?t=21299

PSPSULLY is part of the DEV team and he/she confirmed it, that 1.1.3 has a new baseband.

AND THEY HAVE IT the 1.1.3 IPSW
    Still I will believe a OTB 1.1.2 unlock only when it's here.

Btw, you didn't answer my other Q: if Apple only cares about $, why would they limit sales?
    Sydney, Australia
    If you received help, click on the Thanks button!

10. The Following User Says Thank You to truenorth For This Useful Post:

///Maybach (01-02-2008)

Quote Originally Posted by truenorth View Post
    Btw, you didn't answer my other Q: if Apple only cares about $, why would they limit sales?
    AT&T

This just in from Gizmodo..

Apple will release an iPhone software update during MacWorld Expo 2008, well informed sources confirmed MacScoop. But it appears that the unpolished iPhone sofware version recently leaked on the Internet doesn't include all the features of the final release.

The reports we obtained claim that the software update will add copy-paste, which is one of the most requested features by iPhone users, and will provide a few user interface improvements.

Additionally, the update should provide better stability and performance for the device which sometimes suffers from UI glitches and application hangs in its current version.

Sources also confirmed recent reports claiming that a soon to be released iPhone software update will offer very improved Google Maps with localization and hybrid view, mass SMS sending and multi-page editable home screen.

It is not out of question that other, non revealed yet features, appear with this update, our sources said. Be sure that we'lll keep you updated in case we obtain more information.

My iPhone is a Part of Me Sidetalker's Avatar
    Thanks

january 14-18th
    For Help
    Private Message, Email, or AIM
    (My response time might be a little long)

GUIDES:
    Expect more when I find something guide-worthy.
    PM me and let me know if you need one.

Quote Originally Posted by Sidetalker View Post
    january 14-18th
    happy birthday

that is so long to wait!!! and i will be out of town!1

you better bet that i will hunt down wifi in hawaii just to update my iPhone

iPhone? More like MyPhone blazingangel1986's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by clevetus View Post
    But still no SW sim unlock? I WANTS it!! Hahaha..
    i feel your pain

The point is not a GearLive icon on the springboard .... Any web site you are viewing, you click the add bookmark and you have the option of adding the site to your regular bookmarks or putting an icon for that site on your springboard. You could go to MMi, click bookmark and add an MMi icon to your springboard and you are good to go. This is the reason for multiple pages, not third party apps. Its also why they are giving you drag and drop rearranging, so you can organize the bookmarks you place on your springboard... To me, that is an awesome idea, though I think Erica has a package to do that, but its not a simple installer app. This would basicaly render things like the home page MMi web application directory unnecessary. Instead of bringing up a browser shortcut and then having a pseduo springboard of your web apps, you can have links to the web apps on the real springboard.... That is one I am actually looking forward to.

Now the news are saying 1.1.3 has copy and paste....Finally.
    Boy, I am wishing 1.1.3 can be jailbroken and unlocked.

iPhone 3GS with w/AT&T
    Technician
    Smart Cellphone Repair
    www.ifixsmartphone.com
    Ask me all your hardware problem!

Green Apple
    Thanks

this is so funny. it's one thing to discuss the possibilities of the new firmware and try and forecast the date etc but there is no way to know FOR SURE what is going to be included and what it means for 1.1.2 OTB. what's the point of asking questions about something that doesn't really 'exist' right now (only to GL)?
    If you dont trust the vid they posted up fine but don't try and sway other people with your pessimistic opinion. it's just leads to more speculation and more and more false rumors to stir the pot.

I for one think it's legit. There are less than 2 wks until MacWorld Expo for goodness sakes!!

Ok if it wasn't for the love of unlocking/modding your iphones the sales would be way less than 5m they would be more like 2-3m units sold. Ok whats better 5m units sold or 2m units sold with a percentage of your monthly charges. YOU TELL ME

And STEVE.J knows that the only reason the iphone is selling really good is because its getting unlocked/modded so more people buy it international+local.
    No offense man, but I can pretty much guarantee you don't know as much as the Apple financial planning team. And you DO know Steve Jobs has employees, right?

First, you have no idea what percentage of sold iPhones are unlocked. Whatever news you've read, it's all guesswork. Nobody knows.

Second, even if you're anywhere near right, let's say 3 million of the phones sold are locked to AT&T, and the rest are unlocked. You may think it's a win-win situation for Apple either way, and that the percentage of monthly revenue from AT&T contracts is just so damn small that it couldn't amount to vastly more money than all those unlocked phones...but I think you're forgetting to multiply that number by 3 million and put it in Apple's bank account every single month. Hell, I think any way you slice it, unlocked phones just aren't the best thing for Apple's bottom line.

Third. You may think AT&T is the devil (I'll grant that ALL cell carriers reek of brimstone), but the truth of the matter is that Apple does need partners in order to get further in any market, especially a new one (to them). And they need to keep this particular partner happy, lest they ruin their own reputation as "a reliable business ally." If they screw AT&T, I find it hard to believe they'd get very far in the future.

Fourth. A little skepticism would probably be good for you. I appreciate your optimism, but the truth is you seem to be believing (and relying on) a lot of information that you can't personally verify. I really hope you don't get let down.

Why would he include a new Baseband if he knew that leads to unlocking the OTB 1.1.2 firmware its because he just wants Sales.
    I've got a feeling there's also good reason to think that perhaps there are technical reasons for modifying the baseband, whether they be rooted in security issues, or manufacturing details. Who knows what it means to have a root-logged-in portable UNIX computer constantly wired to a cellular radio (this is kind of a first, right)? And on the flip side, who knows if maybe the components inside the units have changed due to price fluctuations in the OEM market?

Truth be told, most (if not all) of the stuff about "Apple's making software decisions that are devious in order to play both sides of the fence," or "they're doing everything they can to wreck our hacking efforts," is just paranoid crap. Their developers are likely way overworked and haven't quite got the time to do anything so freakishly devious, and they certainly haven't got the time to constantly re-adjust their development strategy to accommodate the unsupported 3rd-party developer community (yet...they're building a framework/sandbox to handle that). Try to put yourself in their shoes. It ain't just "shrewd old Steve Jobs," it's a bunch of dudes like you and me, just doing their job to try and make a budding platform even better, taking their time so they don't screw it up like Microsoft would.

20. The Following User Says Thank You to punkassjim For This Useful Post:

matt.superman (01-03-2008)

any way to get this on my 1.1.1 ipod touch ?

My iPhone is a Part of Me
    Thanks

copy paste ha ha I'd like to see how they do this

Page 12 of 15 FirstFirst ... 21011121314 ... LastLast