Voters
210. You may not vote on this poll
  • yes it looks like sewer water

108 51.43%
  • no mine's awesome

102 48.57%
+ Reply
Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 6789 LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: 3g iPhone Yellow Screens = Apple Fail?

is a discussion within the

iPhone News

forums, a part of the

General iPhone

section;
mine is a little yellow no lines. I probaly would not of noticed it if I didn't see this
    Thanks

mine is a little yellow no lines. I probaly would not of noticed it if I didn't see this

iPhone? More like MyPhone ARCHA1C's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by mgregor View Post
    DON'T BUY THE PHONE IF YOU DONT LIKE IT, PERIOD!!!!!!!!!!! Now stop crying about it.
    Yeah! Who do you guys think you are complaining about a piece of hardware that YOU purchased, and that YOU signed a contract to pay out a BUNCH of money over two years for!?

So what if there are things about this phone that aren't up to our expectations that Apple set with the original iPhone!

We should all just be thankful that Apple lets us buy iPhones from them, and just ignore any flaws that it might have!!!... Right.... ?

My point is, people went out and bought the iPone 3G based on the performance of the original iPhone. So telling people "Don't buy it" is a moot point for most people here. And to say "Stop crying" just makes you one of the consumer sheep.

If nobody ever complained about a product, the market would be filled with junk.
    Stop trying to fight for Apple, they can take care of themselves.
    Last edited by ARCHA1C; 07-16-2008 at 03:27 PM.

Green Apple
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by ARCHA1C View Post
    Yeah! Who do you guys think you are complaining about a piece of hardware that YOU purchased, and that YOU signed a contract to pay out a BUNCH of money over two years for!?

So what if there are things about this phone that aren't up to our expectations that Apple set with the original iPhone!

We should all just be thankful that Apple lets us buy iPhones from them, and just ignore any flaws that it might have!!!... Right.... ?

My point is, people went out and bought the iPone 3G based on the performance of the original iPhone. So telling people "Don't buy it" is a moot point for most people here. And to say "Stop crying" just makes you one of the consumer sheep.

If nobody ever complained about a product, the market would be filled with junk.
    The best thing to do its not answer to his ignorance. But i know some times its hard. BTW Who WANTs A F******g Yellow Screen
    Last edited by DuRo; 07-16-2008 at 05:51 PM.

Livin the iPhone Life yowiphone's Avatar
    Thanks

Apple sucks nowdays.
    Iphone Love... I dreamed of a iphone before it was out..

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by ARCHA1C View Post

If you were so concerned, you should have looked at the demo models before buying it.

Green Apple
    Thanks

-mgregor-
    Shut up! You don't a clue

Owner / Founder - ModMyi
    aka cash7c3
    Thanks
    Thanked 15,273 Times in 652 Posts

discussion is fine personal attacks are not this is the one warning for this thread.

nbm
    What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

I personally think that the warmer tone is better than the first gen.. and also the little fade on the top of the screen is nicer than the original as well.

However, has any of you noticed the dropping of the signal bars on the 3G compare to the 1G?

Thanks

I just got mine today. Comparing to my 1st gen iPhone is a ok bit lighter on the homescreen. My 1st gen iPhone Is perfect! Oh well it's not yellowish it's just a little light not purely black on homescreen. My firmware came with 5a347

Thanks

Well i didnt want to believe it was software but i guess it is......i recently tested my itouch next to my new iphone 3G and the 3G is yellower than the ipod........Then i updated my ipod to the 2.0 software......and now both the ipod and the iphone 3G are the same yellowish color......this is GAY...........

Super Sweet Moderator thetoothfairy's Avatar
    Thanks

I went to the ATT store to order my 3G. Before ordering it I completely compared it to iphone I have right now.... which is the first version.

The pictures that are shown at the beginning of this thread of the screen colors, blue tint to yellow tint are not as dark on each phone...

When I compared the two yes... the first iphone did have the blue tint... and the 3G has the yellow tint...

BUT from my comparison... looking at all kinds of pictures with both phones in which I used the same pictures on each phone... I feel the yellow tint makes the pictures more brilliant in color.

When I compared each phone I also turned up the brightness on each phone and turned it down to do my comparisons.

I feel the blue tint washed out some of the pictures and also writing within the phone while the yellow made the writing clearer.

For me.... with my artistic talents and years working with my husband mixing paint for cars and one must really have a eye when painting cars I have to vote for the yellow tint on the 3G phone....

Over all I like the brilliant colors on the 3G phone better when looking at pictures and I liked how the black writing looked clearer...

Each one has their preference in which color they like but I like a crisp looking screen and I feel the 3G has it over the first generation iphone...

12. The Following User Says Thank You to thetoothfairy For This Useful Post:

cherokee (08-19-2008)

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

mine is yellow i look at my to little cousins old iphone and compare it to my new 3g and MAN mine is yellow this sucks like really WTF rip off no wonder its 199 or 299

iPhone? More like MyPhone ARCHA1C's Avatar
    Thanks

It's always unfortunate when ignorant people post comments like the one before this.
    The only reason the iPhone 3g is $199 for SOME people is because the cost is subsidized by AT&T. As everyone should now realize, people who don't qualify for the $199 price have to pay $399, and that's just for the 8GB... AND youre still signing a 2 year contract with a $10 increase on the data plan over the first iPhone.
    Now wait until they start selling the phones without contracts. They will be $599 (8GB) and $699 (16GB)... That's as much as the first gen 8GB iPhone was on LAUNCH day... It's not a cheaper phone, not by a long shot.
    The color of the screen has nothing to do with the quality of the phone.

Quote Originally Posted by tanaoeurn1987 View Post
    mine is yellow i look at my to little cousins old iphone and compare it to my new 3g and MAN mine is yellow this sucks like really WTF rip off no wonder its 199 or 299

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

" is because the cost is subsidized by AT&T"

Because the Iphone 3G is subsidized I don't belive it will be sold without a contract... in other words, ATT won't pay for a phone that you will not use in it's network... in fact the Iphone 3G is more expensive than the old version. If it will be sold without a contract ,check your contract and payment plans do the math and find out how much it will be

And regarding a post about 2 pages ago... the GPS and the 3G isn't really that much of a big deal, You cannot compare a dedicate GPS device with an Iphone with GPS and google maps, and the 3G speed, you will almost certainly turn it off, to get more battery life, I'm not saying it isn't COOL a built in GPS or the 3G capability, but it's not such a big deal... it goes in the same category as the new design...

Thanks

Apple has told me that the color variance is due to the fact that they went with a different type of screen, one which would produce more vivid colors on the screen. The side effect is a slight yellow look compared to the old 2G models.

Proud to be an Apple user since 1990... at the age of 4.

Green Apple
    Thanks
    This is a little silly. I have two 1gen iPhones and two 3g iPhones. With the screen brightness all the up and auto off, the 3g iPhones are definately superior. The brightness and the clarity are more crisp and detailed.

Enjoy the phone and let's stop being so anal.
    If it bothers you so much sell it on eBay for $800 and get anyother phone that you find to be perfect.

There are none.

Allan

Thanks

Hi guys, I have 8gb black and mine is nowhere as yellow as pics, with brightness up mine looks white. I have a custom fw tho.

Green Apple
    Thanks

I've got a 3G in australia and the screen is perfectly bright white!

Thanks

my screen is perfect. no problem.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

so... a yellowish "picture" means improovement ? ) crisp display, and both displays on 1G and 2G Iphone are the same, it's all in your head, The yellowish image, apears only when compared to a first Gen of Iphone, if you don't have anything to compare it with, it's ok, It's silly that "the yellowish" creen now it's cool, when obviously it's not, just because you got a new Iphone 3G it doesn't mean that it's ok , the went wrong with the 2.0 Firmware also... don't tell me that the slower moving firmware is good because you don't make mistakes when typing... because of the speed , they just rushed it.