View Poll Results: Does Your 3g iPhone Have an Ugly Yellow Screen

Voters
210. You may not vote on this poll
  • yes it looks like sewer water

108 51.43%
  • no mine's awesome

102 48.57%
Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: 3g iPhone Yellow Screens = Apple Fail?

lol @ Timliora's arcade. That's totally bonified badass.

PS: .01% of people are blue-yellow color blind. Maybe that explains the 35% who see the blue or "crystal clear" screen. lolzor kthxbai
    Last edited by LeeDude; 07-12-2008 at 12:41 PM.

Hang on,

I'm supposted to get mine this Thursday, think i should wait?

Edit: I just read on Apples Forum that restoring to factory settings may fix this. Worked for anyone?
    Last edited by TheBoyNextDoor; 07-12-2008 at 01:05 PM.

Green Apple
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by TheBoyNextDoor View Post
    Hang on,

I'm supposted to get mine this Thursday, think i should wait?

Edit: I just read on Apples Forum that restoring to factory settings may fix this. Worked for anyone?
    Read any page of this thread to find someone telling you that restoring doesn't work.

Oh, I could'nt be bothered reading all the other pages, just trying to be helpful.

Update from Engadget.com: We just spoke with Bob Borchers, senior director of product marketing for the iPhone, and he had some very interesting info regarding the "yellow screen" phenomenon we've been hearing about. According to Bob (and Apple), the screen's color temperature has been purposely altered on the new iPhone to produce warmer, more natural tones, sharper images, and deeper blacks. The company says that 1st gen iPhone screens appeared colder and less defined, and they made some adjustments for the new models. In our opinion, what he says is right on -- the screens do look better on the iPhone 3G versus the older variety. What do you guys think?

Hmm Apple Cover?
    or
    The guys who voted "No mines awesome" have yet to compare it to a 1st gen iPhone

Hi

this is what I've come across pertaining to yellow LCD screens and their corresponding serial numbers.

You can see your serial number by going to dialpad and keying
    *3001#12345#* and CALL. Then go to Versions to check your LCD Panel ID

7459072 and 7586304 have been reported to be bright and have a bluish tint and have good blacks.

7520768 has been reported to have the yellow screen issues

Why dont you guys check your LCD Panel IDs and post which are the serial numbers that have the good screen and which are the serial numbers that are yellow.

This way we can all check and prevent the heartache during the purchase at Apple Store

Default nothing wrong with screens - it's your eyes (kinda)
    I remember hearing (on more than one occassion) that here in North America, we see white with a tinge of blue. Elsewehere in the world it is seen with a tinge of yellow. Now, if you accept that premise, then a screen calibrated to what most of the world "sees" as white, would appear yellow to us in N.A. Sort of the "futball/soccer" version of the iphone.

So yes, my 3G looks a bit "off" from my original iphone, but i wouldn't call it a flaw, perhaps just an oversight.

Just my 2 cents, I'll now brace for the flaming. . . .

Green Apple
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by kwag222 View Post
    Just my 2 cents, I'll now brace for the flaming. . . .
    You suck!! Just kidding! Couldn't resist! LOL

Quote Originally Posted by ifini View Post
    Hi

this is what I've come across pertaining to yellow LCD screens and their corresponding serial numbers.

7459072 and 7586304 have been reported to be bright and have a bluish tint and have good blacks.

Why dont you guys check your LCD Panel IDs and post which are the serial numbers that have the good screen and which are the serial numbers that are yellow.

This way we can all check and prevent the heartache during the purchase at Apple Store

That brings up "Field Test" and i dont see anywhere to get to "versions". Can you point me to the right path?

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

mine has a noticeable yellow tint.

It's not horrible, but I noticed it before I read there was an issue.

iPhone? More like MyPhone SBik2's Avatar
    Thanks
    hmph.. i restored and its not noticeably better..

hmm mine works fine

Mine works fine

Yup that only brings up the fieldtest and there's no info about LCD numbers there.

FAIL

Quote Originally Posted by ifini View Post
    Hi

Last edited by 808mp5; 07-13-2008 at 01:42 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

I bought two 3Gs. My wifes black one has a noticeable yellow tint to it

No versions listed in the field test either. I'm going to try to do the firmware install again to see if it resolved per the OP update

iPhone? More like MyPhone Sirius389's Avatar
    Thanks

Mine is working perfectly, i also heard something about the volume & silent buttons feeling loose, but everything on mine is doing just fine.
    -Nicole

Quote Originally Posted by 808mp5 View Post
    hmm mine works fine

Mine works fine

Yup that only brings up the fieldtest and there's no info about LCD numbers there.

FAIL
    Well I am using this with reference to the 1st gen iPhone cos the iPhone 3G has not reached my part of the world yet. For me, bringing up the field test would show "Versions" at the last option on the Field Test screen. Click on that and it'd show the LCD Panel ID. Maybe the iPhone 3G does not allow for users to see "Versions"

Ref screen shots below

I just got mine yesterday, and thank god no yellow screen!

I think I would not like the 3G. I agree and predicted that the new 3G would be made with cheaper ingredients.

But, Maybe in the 2.1 update... a new setting will be created to add a capability to adjust screen warmth settings. Apple says of course they did this to add greater warmth to Video and games.

Chris
    Last edited by chriscoyne; 07-13-2008 at 09:27 AM.
    If you find my Postings useful or interesting. Press the .... Thanks Button.

Mine looks prefect!, the screen looks nice and crystal clear!

iPhone? More like MyPhone HarlemState's Avatar
    Thanks

Default Somthing is goin on, steve needs to adress this sh*t
    went back to the apple store on 57 and 5..told them i was back here for a piss test...they replaced my white16 with another one....sammmme sh*t...after they replaced it...one of the employees next to us was like, "oh thats how they all are"....im like no there not i have a friend with the same white16 and his is cristyle...i guess they were suppose to acted confused ......went back home with brand new urine

Quote Originally Posted by glustic View Post
    I just got mine yesterday, and thank god no yellow screen!
    I think people are exaggerating a bit, but that's my opinion.

I have an iPod Touch handy with me and I've also compared it to my iPhone 3G. I do not see how the new iPhone has a "yellow" tint. The way my eyes and mind process the screen is that the phone looks considerably warmer looking. I never once applied the color yellow to the screen at all; though the iPod Touch's screen does seem like it's made of a lower quality material, it's the best example I've got.

Because the new iPhone's screen looks more "yellow", I don't see how it's any different from the "blue" tint the old iPhone had before. They both have a certain tint to them, so it's not like it's something bizarre. How did people first put up with the blue tint then? Oh well, just my two cents.

Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast