Voters
210. You may not vote on this poll
  • yes it looks like sewer water

108 51.43%
  • no mine's awesome

102 48.57%
+ Reply
Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: 3g iPhone Yellow Screens = Apple Fail?

is a discussion within the

iPhone News

forums, a part of the

General iPhone

section;
At the guy above be, yea, its one of the first things I noticed. I also didn't notice the yellow until it was pointed out. sigh, i hope there is
    Thanks

At the guy above be, yea, its one of the first things I noticed. I also didn't notice the yellow until it was pointed out. sigh, i hope there is a fix for both of these. (fake break and replace *hint hint*)

If I ever helped you or made a comment you like, press the "thanks" button!
    320GB HD 4GB RAM 2.2GHz Macbook
    500GB HD 4GB RAM 2.6GHz Macbook Pro

iPhone? More like MyPhone cosmoLV's Avatar
    Thanks

Anyway i don't like the new 3G iPhone Design i like the Old one better.
    i don't like 3G Back side it look bad, the old one is mutch compact, it looks compact and nice....
    Carrier: LV LMT
    Runing On FW: 2.0 BL 3.9
    -------------------------------------

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

wa wa wa!! whoooooooooooo cares! I got my 16 gig 3g today and love it. Oh no it's a little thicker and oh no it has a yellow screen. Let's all cry about it, maybe apple will take pity on the whino's. The phone is awesome, for all you people whining, you could have waited and checked out the demo models before you bought it, but no, had to be the first. lame.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to mgregor For This Useful Post:

cosmoLV (07-11-2008)

Thanks

^^^Will you still be saying that if/when Apple addresses the yellow screen issue or will you be first in line to get a replacement?
    Apples taste good.

iPhone? More like MyPhone cosmoLV's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by mgregor View Post
    wa wa wa!! whoooooooooooo cares! I got my 16 gig 3g today and love it. Oh no it's a little thicker and oh no it has a yellow screen. Let's all cry about it, maybe apple will take pity on the whino's. The phone is awesome, for all you people whining, you could have waited and checked out the demo models before you bought it, but no, had to be the first. lame.
    No, No, No...
    This is only thinking about this thing, nothing personaly to you man...
    nobody Crying, don't make a stress!
    Carrier: LV LMT
    Runing On FW: 2.0 BL 3.9
    -------------------------------------

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Kruejl View Post
    ^^^Will you still be saying that if/when Apple addresses the yellow screen issue or will you be first in line to get a replacement?
    Yes, because it doesn't bother me, what is ridiculous is the whining about something people didn't have to buy, if the product didn't meet there standards.

No, No, No...
    This is only thinking about this thing, nothing personaly to you man...
    nobody Crying, don't make a stress!
    Not taking it personal, just expressing my opinion. Thanks though buddy.

Thanks

I'm thinking about takiing it back just because of the yellow, it is a huge difference between the new and old, I hate it

Thanks

@ mgregor, I respect your thoughts on the subject. I guess I would rather not "settle" for the yellow screen just so I could keep the device. IMHO, its a QC issue and Apple should address it.

Yes, I'm envious of you all that got your 3G iPhone today.....but I'd be more than a little upset if I stood in line for hours only to receive a product that had issues.
    Apples taste good.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,180 Times in 730 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by preston03 View Post
    I'm thinking about takiing it back just because of the yellow, it is a huge difference between the new and old, I hate it
    A couple hours after people started reporting yellow screen and quality control issues apple quietly let out a page of info that lists the yellow screen as a "feature" and called it a "warmer looking screen".

I about pissed my pants knowing AT LEAST 50% of the people on macrumors would believe it and LIKE IT afterwards because apple said so.

Sure enough.... look in the news section. I swear apple could just stick s&^t on a stick and market it as the iS^t and macrumors would support their sales for the first year.
    Screw #Winning, I'm #Juanning
    iMac 27" i5 quad 2.8Ghz (1TB), MacBook Pro 17" 2.6, iPhone 4s

Thanks

^^^lol!!

"warmer looking screen".....pee is pretty warm. Maybe that's what inspired them!
    Apples taste good.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,180 Times in 730 Posts

Bad thing is it is not a joke. iPhone 3G Reviews and Impressions - Mac Forums

The screen is also described as warmer, slightly brighter and better for daylight viewing. This "warmer" quality has generated some complaints about a yellow-tint to the 3G's screen that is most noticeable when compared directly to the first iPhone.
    Apple expects you to believe their new low quality screens are a "feature" and macrumors are eating it up. "YAY for sh&&ty quality screens that are a feature, apple we <3 you

~macrumors"
    Screw #Winning, I'm #Juanning
    iMac 27" i5 quad 2.8Ghz (1TB), MacBook Pro 17" 2.6, iPhone 4s

Thanks

What makes the yellow inferior to blue?

Green Apple
    Thanks

I don't like the yellow look it looks old and use .I will stick with the 1st one.
    At&t had two for show and they look like crap too me..,its could be just me but i like blue color..not yellow even on my tvs lol (Hope you all like Yellow)

Green Apple
    Thanks

once you update its definately better.. but still the 1st gen screen is way better.. but i guess when the iphone is cheaper .. they use cheaper material..

but its all good.. just cant wait for the pwnage..and get this thing jailbroken...

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Mine and my womens screen are crystal clear no yellowing here!

iPhone? More like MyPhone HarlemState's Avatar
    Thanks

Thumbs down hahahahhaha
    lol my first and second gen.(white16) were all sewer water lol... im going back down to the apple store tomorrow on 57 in 5th and just tell them this aint rockin, i would like a new phone plz..... and if they font, its a wrap, im going back out side to protest.. make signs and sh*t. lol:-D whats funny is that, you guys think im playin

Green Apple
    Thanks

Let me just point out a few things:
    1) Scientifically a warmer screen is brighter then a cooler screen.
    2) You shouldn't be buying an iPhone 3G just for its looks or making your decision based upon a slightly warmer screen. It is meant for those, like the few of us, who take advantage of the 3G and require the high browsing usage. Basically, you SHOULDN'T buy it for just the looks. Buy it to take advantage of its features and the 3G!
    3) The resolution is the same, you should only be complaining if there was an actual problem with the resolution (ie. dead pixels).
    4) Apple will most likely not be doing returns on slightly yellow screens... For those who experience dead pixels, then yes there is the possibility that you will get an exchange.
    5) And just to throw it in for some people's reference, restoring the iPhone using itunes did reduce the amount of yellow tint for me.

I hope from those points that you guys make your decision on buying the 3G iPhone based on it's 3G features and not just for looks or because it is a newer version of the iPhone. If you like it simple, and have no care for signing up for a data plan then just don't buy it. If you are interested in data plans, and find surfing and browsing very useful when away from Wi-Fi then yes the 3G is the phone for you.

And of course, hope your guys screens do reduce in the yellow tint, but obviously it may or may not happen.

iPhone? More like MyPhone makesmoves's Avatar
    Thanks

watever!!! lol the 3g iphone is butt in comparison. apple is beating cats in they head for this ish. stick to the classic and be happy.
    None So Blind As Those Who Will Not See

Green Apple
    Thanks

To those who say turning the brightness up solves the issue, please note that the pictures in most of the examples show the brightness page of "settings" and the brightness is full bright.

The poll shows about 65-35 percent in yellow versus normal. If yellow is normal, does this mean 35 percent of the phones have defective screens?

I think Apple sold a bunch of lemons.

iPhone? More like MyPhone timliora's Avatar
    Thanks

Smile Mine is bright white!
    I must be in the 35% because mine is bright white and looks great
    Basement arcade. No I never grew up...thank goodness

+ Reply
Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast