Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Firmware Version 2.0 Officially Available iPhone + iPod Touch

Guys, the file sizes are different but what gets installed on your phone is the same. If you installed it manually yesterday, you have the same thing released today and in all 3G phones.

I'm a helpful jerk, fear me.

Just Got 2.0 Working On My 1st Generation iPhone ... I'm F#$%ing Downloading Super Monkey Ball --

My iPhone is a Part of Me
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by tattoojack View Post
    where is the link to the new 2.0 download?
    yeah thats the one from thursday.
    pay attention.

here we go.

WHERE IS THE "NEW" ONE "THIS" THREAD IS TALKING ABOUT?

if you dont know, please keep your two cents.

and if it is a differnet size, i seriously doubt it is the same. think for a second. if they changed it to a different size file, the file changed. you may not see the difference but it is there.

yeah thats the one from thursday.
    pay attention.

here we go.

WHERE IS THE "NEW" ONE "THIS" THREAD IS TALKING ABOUT?

if you dont know, please keep your two cents.
    They're the same thing. The file sizes are different but you end up with the exact same thing on your phone.

If you already manually updates yesterday you are done.

My iPhone is a Part of Me
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Happy Noodle Boy View Post
    They're the same thing. The file sizes are different but you end up with the exact same thing on your phone.

If you already manually updates yesterday you are done.
    how do you "know" this to be true?

have you decrypted both and compared every single file?

i doubt it!

if they are a different size, something changed!

iPhone? More like MyPhone mfleigle's Avatar
    Thanks

What is the filename for the official 2.0?

Quote Originally Posted by trevorrawson View Post
    I downloaded the firmware and updated yesterday, and now when iTunes won't download 2.0 because it doesn't think that I need to update my phone. How do I get iTunes to download the newest version of 2.0? Or where on apple's website would I do it manually?
    Would you not just click restore it worked for me it downloaded the 2.o firmware
    Last edited by dulow; 07-11-2008 at 02:17 PM.

how do you "know" this to be true?

have you decrypted both and compared every single file?

i doubt it!

if they are a different size, something changed!
    If there was anything different, this "official" one would have a different version number. All 3G phones using 2.0 have (5A357), guess what's the version of the leak yesterday? The difference in size is probably an attribute of it not being properly pacakge for retail release aka it might have not erased unused material. As far as the OS goes, your phone ends up with the same exact files from either install.

Also, someone working on setting up an Apple Store last night (imaging the demo models) said the firmware on the 3G phones is the one that was found yesterday and that there will be no difference with whatever iTunes throws at you.

But hey, with so much misinformation and stupidity running rampart with such a big release, believe whatever you want to believe.
    Last edited by Happy Noodle Boy; 07-11-2008 at 02:30 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by dulow View Post
    Would you not just click restore it worked for me it downloaded the 2.o firmware
    dulow,

When I try to do that I get an error from iTunes which says "There was a problem downloading the iPhone software for the iPhone. The requested resource was not found"

If anybody knows how to fix this problem I'd be ecstatic!

iPhone? More like MyPhone mfleigle's Avatar
    Thanks

dulow,

When I try to do that I get an error from iTunes which says "There was a problem downloading the iPhone software for the iPhone. The requested resource was not found"

Same problem here

Came from a Jailbroken 1.1.4 firmware NOT unlocked...

Just incase anyone wants to know my situation...

4:53pm - I downloaded this file iPhone1,2_2.0_5A347_Restore.ipsw (that i got from the MMi link below) and do a Shift+Update and located it on my computer..

http://appldnld.apple.com.edgesuite....7_Restore.ipsw

4:55pm Then it loaded into iTunes and sat an "Unpacking The Software" for like 10 mins.. let it go and it finally went to "Update iFone Software"

4:57pm Verifying Updated iFone Software...sitting at this stage right now...

5:05pm Now at "Updating iFone Firmware" (5:07pm)

5:10pm activating at iTunes store.... seems to be back up and running .... thank god..

5:10pm restoring phone with backup...

5:13pm About half way done my restore.. .

5:15pm Restore and restarting..

5:16pm I see the App Store... and my phone is sync all my contacts and crap.. .

5:17pm Phone activated and running.. ballin'!
    Last edited by Mp3Supply; 07-11-2008 at 03:17 PM. Reason: updating post...

12. The Following User Says Thank You to Mp3Supply For This Useful Post:

bigcnlb (07-11-2008)

itunes keep saying my ipod is upto date.

so i have a 1.1.3 jailbreaked right now. i was wondering if i could just update the iphone through itunes (meaning by clicking the iphone on the left column and clicking update). will this brick my phone? or is there another procedure to do it?

does the aim in appstore run through your data plan or text messages?

thanks in advance!

Quote Originally Posted by Mp3Supply View Post
    Came from a Jailbroken 1.1.4 firmware NOT unlocked...

Just incase anyone wants to know my situation...

4:53pm - I downloaded this file iPhone1,2_2.0_5A347_Restore.ipsw (that i got from the MMi link below) and do a Shift+Update and located it on my computer..

http://appldnld.apple.com.edgesuite....7_Restore.ipsw

4:55pm Then it loaded into iTunes and sat an "Unpacking The Software" for like 10 mins.. let it go and it finally went to "Update iFone Software"

4:57pm Verifying Updated iFone Software...sitting at this stage right now...

5:05pm Now at "Updating iFone Firmware" (5:07pm)

5:10pm activating at iTunes store.... seems to be back up and running .... thank god..

5:10pm restoring phone with backup...

5:13pm About half way done my restore.. .

5:15pm Restore and restarting..

5:16pm I see the App Store... and my phone is sync all my contacts and crap.. .

5:17pm Phone activated and running.. ballin'!

you da man!
    im 'bout to be ballin' too.
    downloading the 2.0 restore pack now. iTunes thinks 1.1.4 is the latest version. people on the apple support forums r pissed.
    thanks again mp3supply.

dulow,

Same issue

Quote Originally Posted by PhaedruS View Post
    you da man!
    im 'bout to be ballin' too.
    downloading the 2.0 restore pack now. iTunes thinks 1.1.4 is the latest version. people on the apple support forums r pissed.
    thanks again mp3supply.
    thats yesterdays leak its not the right one
    Last edited by TEM94; 07-11-2008 at 03:40 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

I'm on jailbroken 1.1.3 right now on AT&T. Obviously I'd like to be on 2.0 jailbroken as soon as a program comes out. Do you think it would be worth the trouble to jailbreak 1.1.4 on my iPhone to insure compatibility, or do you think 1.1.3 jailbroken iPhones will work just fine with any 2.0 jailbreaking programs?
    Running:
    iPhone 4 4.0 Jailbreakme
    iPad Wifi 3.2 jailbreakme
    AT&T

Does anybody else's mail crash on 2.0? Every time I try to open my mail it just crashes and goes back to my home screen. I upgraded to 2.0 using yesterdays leaked ipsw. And since iTunes won't let me restore to the new 2.0 I don't know what to do. Everything else works fine. Has anyone else had this problem and perhaps knows how to fix it?

iPhone? More like MyPhone Sparblaze's Avatar
    Thanks

Quit whining about the firmware! I can't even get my iTunes to recognize my iPhone.

iPhone? More like MyPhone sdmojaydo619's Avatar
    Thanks

Does anybody else's mail crash on 2.0? Every time I try to open my mail it just crashes and goes back to my home screen. I upgraded to 2.0 using yesterdays leaked ipsw. And since iTunes won't let me restore to the new 2.0 I don't know what to do. Everything else works fine. Has anyone else had this problem and perhaps knows how to fix it?
    Try restoring it again with shift + click to the same firmware that you put on it.
    Why can't people be more interrigent rike me? RICE!
    R.I.P - iPhone 2g, iPod classic 80GB

Thanks
    I found this on macrumors.com and it had a link to the official iphone 2.0 software. Yesterdays leak was I guess intended for the 3G phones to do a restore only but the offical software is for us to upgrade to

Upgrading from Unofficial iPhone 2.0 Firmware to Official 2.0 Firmware - Mac Rumors

22. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to bigcnlb For This Useful Post:

oldskoolkid13 (07-11-2008)

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast