+ Reply
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Long iLines - Share your experience.

is a discussion within the

iPhone News

forums, a part of the

General iPhone

section;
Well I got to att in San Ramon,CA at 7am and waited in a long line till 10am... Till they announced that they sold out of 16gb both black/white.. the
    What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Well I got to att in San Ramon,CA at 7am and waited in a long line till 10am... Till they announced that they sold out of 16gb both black/white.. the end! lol

iPhone? More like MyPhone Numberzz's Avatar
    Thanks

The Burlingame, CA Apple Store had a very long line, it took me 5 hours to get my iPhone. I was 52nd in line. The line was at least 300 people long.

Owner / Founder - ModMyi
    aka cash7c3
    Thanks
    Thanked 15,273 Times in 652 Posts

more kyle pictures

oh and kyle would like me to point out that this is not him

iPhone? More like MyPhone scottvalentine's Avatar
    Thanks

haha, no im stuck watching the excitement from home, wrecked my CBR 600 and have no meat on the cheeks, lesson to all, umm i know floridas hot, but wear jeans when your riding, PM if u want to see a disturbing pic of my ER visit
    But Damn, would love a Cinnabon haha
    There are No stupid questions, Only stupid people

Green Apple
    Thanks

7 hours got in there and when I was in there they told me I had an education discount and said that must be taken off and it would take 24 hours to notice that it was removed and until then I couldn't get the phone

Thanks

in davenport, ia, my gf and i(20th and 21st in line) got the last 16 gig white, and the 8 gig... while we were inside the store, some guy who left his dog in his car for 5 hours in the hot sun got booed out of line by fellow iphone fanatics. bystanders had to give the dog bottled water and threatened to call the police on the man. just goes to show iPhone users and PETA go hand in hand

Thanks

^^^Nice priorities, I wouldn't leave my dog in a hot car for 5 hours for ANYTHING!
    Apples taste good.

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

You don't have to be in PETA to think that a dog in a 100+ degree car is a bad thing.

Anyway... I'm getting mine next week if possible... forget these lines =/
    iPwn.

Thanks

I was in line at the Apple Store, Ridgedale Mall, Minneapolis at 6:45. I spent over 1 hr inside the store to activate my phone. First problem was definitely the AT&T server, no matter what they say. Next, was the iTunes tore to finish activation. I got ut at 11, so 3 hrs from when the store opened at 8AM.

Owner / Founder - ModMyi
    aka poetic_folly
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,799 Times in 1,223 Posts

All right, 7 hours later, I am posting this via 3G from my new 16GB white iPhone. I will post pictures and such this afternoon.

Thanks

Waited in line at ATT store at 630am. 4 people ahead of us. Filled out the iready form and we had already done the credit check the week before to speed things up (like THAT worked out). They had NO white phones and only 20 8gig black. We got our 2. AND BTW because I work for the city we get a 15% plan discount monthly. Apparently a few other places get bigger ones (Shaws if you can believe it) So that was welcome news.There were still people in line a few hours later. Rep said they would be getting more in tomorrow. Good luck with that. BTW the new black plastic DOES show a ton of fingerprints as we suspected.

Green Apple
    Thanks

do u think theyll still be lines on saturday night?

Green Apple
    Thanks
    in line at fashion island Newport beach at the apple store they said they aren't going to be running out of phones anytime soon. Although I have been in line for three hours and still have one more to go. If you have a corporate discount on your att account you won't be able to buy one at apple only att stores can take care of that.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

my husband and i got to the att store here in augusta,ga at 2pm yesterday. we were first and second in line. we waited thru a horrible castout storm coming out of the gulf i think. it was raining like crazy but i stoped about and hour after we had got there. the next person didn't show up until 6pm. we had a full out party by 10pm. we ordered pizza and one guy had a dvd player in the back of his suv so we watched movies all night long and laughed about the people thinking they could come at 7am and get a 16g. at 8 am the doors opened and we went in and didn't leave for an hour because they didn't know how to upgrade the phones from our old iphones. needless to say we left with fully activated phones(mines a black 16g and my husbands is a white 16g) woo do i love that phone

Happily Hacking Since 2007

Green Apple
    Thanks

my whole city is out for a week

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by ceramicwhite View Post
    in line at fashion island Newport beach at the apple store they said they aren't going to be running out of phones anytime soon. Although I have been in line for three hours and still have one more to go. If you have a corporate discount on your att account you won't be able to buy one at apple only att stores can take care of that.
    Hi

This is my first post and would like to contribute to the community by sharing what I know.

Having bought the iPhone this morning at an Apple store, I can assure you that one can buy the iphone in an Apple store while having a corporate discount on the account.

Now, if you buy the iphone at an Apple store, you risk having the corporate discount temporarily removed from your account. If that does happen, a phone call to ATT customer service will resolve the issue and you will get the corporate discount back.

It's weird like that and I can't explain why, but I've seen this happen on and off today at the Apple store. Mine went through with the corporate discount just fine.

Thanks

went to AT&T store at 7:40 am, 30th in line

I love the new phone. Gps is awesome...

Thanks

I just went to Lenox Atl thinkin maybe the line will be short 5 mind before close. Yeah right probaly 200 people still in line. Crazy

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by stereo313 View Post
    I just went to Lenox Atl thinkin maybe the line will be short 5 mind before close. Yeah right probaly 200 people still in line. Crazy
    Lenox mall? You should of went to the mall of Georgia lol jk. Though, it wasn't too busy in Marietta/Hiram.

iPhone? More like MyPhone Bleeditout2130's Avatar
    Thanks

Because of too much drinking last night, I couldn't wake up early and be the first in line.

I headed out about 9 to some local ATT stores and found out that was a bad idea - they had sold out almost immediately.

I drove up to Ft. Lauderdale to an Apple store, got in line just after 12, and was out at 4 with my 16GB Black 3G.

I have no complaints...we were given plenty of water and coffee as well as food. Plus we were in a mall