Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: At&T activation servers go down

dnscacheutil -flushcache

If you have Leopard

does this mean that us people that want to unlock can go out and buy one as they wont require us to sign the 2 year contract and plan etc...

Thanks

I have windows vista. How do I do the ipconfig /flushdns??

the ATT Activation service is down and u can buy iphones unactivated NYC

iPhone? More like MyPhone cockyjeremy's Avatar
    Thanks

Shewwww.. i thought i broke my new 16gb white iphone.. until i read this. lol. Mine was activated in store, but i came home and restored it now can't get past the "slide for emergency" screen.. this is annoying, but nowhere near as bad as thinking i somehow bricked it.. haha.

You can flush your DNS by just restarting your computer. Any of you try that? You may also want to try it from a different computer. Or restart your router to develop a new IP address.

Good Luck.

iPhone? More like MyPhone the sr5's Avatar
    Thanks

Waited 14 Hours was first inline at the ATT store here went STRAIGHT home and cant activate.... have tried several times, this is very disappointingly

It Is What It Is...

apple and at&t both facing unexpected large sell of new iPhone 3g and same time preowen iPhone customers updating their iphone so server has down for now. Could be up by 1:00 pm est time possibly.. Well hope for the best

Livin the iPhone Life
    Thanks

flushing dns is actually dscacheutil -flushcache

Does anyone know what happens if I were to sign up with a new AT&T plan and cancel it within 30 days? How can they make me bring the phone back?

Livin the iPhone Life
    Thanks

they will bill you the ETF if you dont' return the equipment, plus, with iphones it may be 14 days and not 30. with the old iphone it was 14 days for "Trial"

Thanks

Default :-(
    Quote Originally Posted by burdell1 View Post
    Does anyone know what happens if I were to sign up with a new AT&T plan and cancel it within 30 days? How can they make me bring the phone back?
    haha good question haha...

well i waited in line anda hours...
    then waited in da store half an hour before they finally sent me home wit it...
    and it wont activate :-(

30 days for da new iphone
    Last edited by Magnum; 07-11-2008 at 11:37 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Livin the iPhone Life Poseidon79's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,681 Times in 1,159 Posts

The line in austin was 300 people deep at one of the apple stores at 11:00 CST.... I turned right around and came back to work.

Quote Originally Posted by burdell1 View Post
    Well. You have to sign a 2 year contract. So if you did cancel within that 30 days you have to pay the Early Termination Fee (ETF) which is about (I think) around $300.

So it wouldn't be very smart. But you would get to keep your iPhone.
    -Cody

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

Yeah exactly... What does the contract say about cancelling & keeping the phone? Is it still a $175 to terminate early, or did they make some new silly cluase that you have to pay some ridiculous amout?
    "Win or lose, I promise you violence"

Wanderlei Silva

Green Apple
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Poseidon79 View Post
    The line in austin was 300 people deep at one of the apple stores at 11:00 CST.... I turned right around and came back to work.
    Hey if you came and found me I would have gladly sold you my spot cause right now I'm out about 215 bucks and all I got was a good looking brick with an apple logo on it.

If everyone would stop messing around with itunes maybe the server would come back up. Me Ill wait to tomorrow to .

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by DuRo View Post
    If everyone would stop messing around with itunes maybe the server would come back up. Me Ill wait to tomorrow to .
    doubt it... they need techs in there to work on the servers and re establish connections

What the hell, they knew this would happen, so why didn't they buy more servers to fix this!!!!!!

this is lame, my phone wont sync and any time i try and turn on 3G i lose service
    The Future of Mobile

http://www.mobitureblog.com

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast