Page 12 of 12 FirstFirst ... 2101112

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: 2.0 Unlocked | 2.0 Jailbroken - CONFIRMED

I'd say you download the 2.0 firmware file from itunes (but you do not update your iphone) and then you hack the firmware using PwnageTool 2.0 and update your iphone to the hacked firmware version. I mean that's the whole point of the PwnageTool, isn't it? That you don't have to update and then jailbreak/unlock/whatever but you rather include the hack in the firmware file and still make itunes believe it's valid. So I guess this is what you'll have to do.
    Last edited by BlackWolf; 07-17-2008 at 06:20 PM.

What is the Pwnage tool? Ive been outta the loop for a while can someone fill me in?

Quote Originally Posted by prophet View Post
    What is the Pwnage tool? Ive been outta the loop for a while can someone fill me in?
    Well, I have been gone for a little while so I hope I got this all right: PwnageTool was developed by the dev team and allows you to create hacked firmware files that appear valid to iTunes (so you create a firmware file and then you update through itunes using that firmware). So you take an original firmware file and you can hack it so it already contains applications and things like that. The interesting thing is that you can even create a firmware file that already contains the activation process or updates your baseband to a specific version ... at least that's what I've heard.
    And PwnageTool 2.0 will allow you to do those very things with the new 2.0 firmware. The only thing I havn't really figured out so far is if you can really unlock and activate your phone using PwnageTool. Because otherwise it would be pretty useless to all people who don't use AT&T, so I guess it's possible.
    Last edited by BlackWolf; 07-17-2008 at 09:05 PM.

that's a BIG relief! Preciate it.
    Don't forget us on windows

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

yea be sure to check out winpwn.com for updates on windows version

Thumbs down Confirmed my ***!
    Where the hell is it? I've looked everywhere for this so called 2.0 jailbreaking app and have found nothing. Just of bunch of post saying it exists and works. Either these guys just want to provide it to their close friend and tell them to keep it a secret or they're all full of sh*t! Sorry I'm on this soapbox, I'm just tired of all the hype about something that doesn't exist.

relax cheif, the dev team did jailbreak it but they just haven't released it yet b/c they're making some final fixes. get your facts straight b4 u come on here and call out guys. they don't owe u sh!t so relax.

Did I say they owed me anything?......I DON'T EXPECT ANYTHING because I don't think there is anything (my opinion)......at least for long while. Work on your comprehension buddy.

thank to all dev team.....hurrray!

Yes!
    Good news poetic!

I am from Hong Kong my phone is already unlocked. If I jailbreak it, the warranty is void.

The only advantage of jailbreaking my phone is to install 3rd party software that is available for the 2G phone.

Quote Originally Posted by RobertLam18 View Post
    I am from Hong Kong my phone is already unlocked. If I jailbreak it, the warranty is void.

The only advantage of jailbreaking my phone is to install 3rd party software that is available for the 2G phone.
    ... which are most free apps and the most useful apps out there (since they are the ones that can't be done officially). Just saying, I would not enjoy my iphone that much if it weren't for all those neat third party apps, because there are really nice apps out there that will never be released in the officiall app store.

iPhone? More like MyPhone screamo's Avatar
    Thanks

chaisec, quit complaining, no you didn't say ythe dec team owed you it but you b¥tched so much that's about the only thing you didn't say. You are zero benefit to this forum since your only 2 posts were complaining about the dev team and attacking Bigboatsinc

The 2.0 jb is real, it just hasn't been released yet since they wanna perfect it, let em do they're thing. Come back she you grow up and learn patience kid

Page 12 of 12 FirstFirst ... 2101112