+ Reply
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: 134 Free Apps on AppStore

is a discussion within the

iPhone News

forums, a part of the

General iPhone

section;
I find it a bit strange that you now have to pay $12.99 for apps that once cost nothing on Installer. Pretty poor form of the developers to charge such
    What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

I find it a bit strange that you now have to pay $12.99 for apps that once cost nothing on Installer. Pretty poor form of the developers to charge such a high price for something like that.

Livin the iPhone Life Happy Noodle Boy's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by jonoster View Post
    I find it a bit strange that you now have to pay $12.99 for apps that once cost nothing on Installer. Pretty poor form of the developers to charge such a high price for something like that.
    As opposed to a $30 DS game or a $20-30 Blackberry app?

Band is probably one of the best developed apps so far and it's possibilities for expansion and growth are limitless thanks to how he set up the program. It's not poor form, it's someone putting a cost to the time he spent (and FYI, this was Moo's intention all along, beta testing / early releasing it on installer to get all the kinks ironed out then selling it on the AppStore). Honestly, if you don't think Band is worth $12 you're either really cheap or one of the many in the group I can only call "entitled internet user who thinks everything should be free" because I will gladly pay $12 for Band (once I get that awesome first paycheck).

I think Installer/Cydia are great applications and the the 3rd-party devs / community is an amazing one (I'm one who believes that without them, the AppStore would have never happened), but people are too used to the idea of free and lose focus of the simple fact that the developers spend hours and hours working on these apps and they should be rewarded for their work. Some release free apps and throw a donate link, some decide to charge for their work. Either way, you should respect their decision and if you don't like it, the SDK is free, make your own app :P

I'm a helpful jerk, fear me.

iPhone? More like MyPhone jaredb03's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by jonoster View Post
    I agree. Also will there be an installer on 2.0? and will there be all the same apps as before, or is everyone planning on charging for there apps from the appstore?

My iPhone is a Part of Me
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by mgregor View Post
    you don't need a credit card to start an apple account.
    ummmm yeah ya do.
    its for identity purposes and for the future purchases you may make. just did it again and after you try to create account, it asks for a credit card.

i hate when people answer right away and have no idea what they are talking about!

iPhone? More like MyPhone jaredb03's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by tattoojack View Post
    ummmm yeah ya do.
    its for identity purposes and for the future purchases you may make. just did it again and after you try to create account, it asks for a credit card.

i hate when people answer right away and have no idea what they are talking about!
    I didn't have to put in a credit card.

UiK
    iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

Is it true that these free apps are for iPhone users only? Or can iPod Touch users download the apps for free as well?

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

iPod touch users can download free apps, and they have their own section in the store as well.

My iPhone is a Part of Me
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by jaredb03 View Post
    I didn't have to put in a credit card.
    well then you must have had a .mac or apple account before now, because all new users are being asked to enter some form of credit/debit info.

+ Reply
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12