+ Reply
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Firmware 2.0 Vs Devs - Devs win by jailbreaking it

is a discussion within the

iPhone News

forums, a part of the

General iPhone

section;
Sweeeet. Now I can get the 3G iphone. It's jailbreak-able with the app store. AWESOME! Orb Live TV over 3G makes me drool.
    iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

Sweeeet. Now I can get the 3G iphone. It's jailbreak-able with the app store. AWESOME!

Orb Live TV over 3G makes me drool.
    Last edited by tamakin; 07-10-2008 at 10:51 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

iPhone? More like MyPhone iphoneroeth's Avatar
    Thanks

Is it save to upgrade to 2.0 now and re-jailbreak later or does the jailbreak for 2.0 require to put something into the system prior to upgrade?

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    Great work devs!! Can't wait for installer to work on 2.0!

iPhone? More like MyPhone Jonny202003's Avatar
    Thanks

wow, owned already, haha nice work

Livin the iPhone Life aziatiklover's Avatar
    Thanks

freaking nice i'm gonna try 2.0 on my att one haha
     Think Different

Thanks

let us realize that the hardware has not changed, so we can't discount that PWNage will do its work here. As far as the iPhone 3G, it is anyone's guess as to whether it will work or not.

Now there are probably apps that will not work right away on '2.0'. But that is alright, as they will be fixed in time .

What's funny is my iTunes says not only 7.6.2 is current, but so is the iPhone itself (1.1.4)
    And it will be like a taco inside a taco within a Taco Bell that's inside a KFC that's within a mall that's inside your dream! Springboard screwy after reboot? Here is the fix

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

Didn't the Dev Team post some time ago that they had already jailbroken 2.0? Just after it was announced?

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by FoneWeasel View Post
    Didn't the Dev Team post some time ago that they had already jailbroken 2.0? Just after it was announced?
    It was a very early beta, beta 2 I think. After that they hadn't found(or at least told anyone) a new jailbreak after that.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Yeh dunno where tho.

UPDATE: Hang on in one of the screen shots it has Phone and Contacts where as iphone only has Phone not both?

Matt

Thanks

i seriously cant wait either! its gonna be awsome having installer and the app store!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Imahottguy View Post
    let us realize that the hardware has not changed, so we can't discount that PWNage will do its work here. As far as the iPhone 3G, it is anyone's guess as to whether it will work or not.

Now there are probably apps that will not work right away on '2.0'. But that is alright, as they will be fixed in time .

What's funny is my iTunes says not only 7.6.2 is current, but so is the iPhone itself (1.1.4)

well because apple hasnt released the firmware officialy rite now its just a link on their website to download the firware and as far as itunes is concerned it was happening to me too then i checked the software update but it didnt gave me either so i just dloaded the itunes 7.7 from there website
    apple.com/itunes/download/

hope u understand me

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    iTunes 7.7 is now available from software updates

so hopefully the new pwnage tool gets released soon

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

I suspect they have upgraded pwnagetool to work with the new firmware. They are not trying YET to break into the iphone3G so it should not be too different than jailbreaking and unlocking the beta 2.0 as of a few weeks ago. Maybe I'm wrong but....... GREAT WORK dev-team!!

Thanks

Somehow I don't see doing a jailbreak preparation before upgrading to 2.0, because from what was said before, the 2.0 firmware erases every little data byte from the iPhone and completely re-does the whole thing. So, I would imagine that you would have to upgrade to 2.0 first, then jailbreak it afterward. But that's just my opinion, don't hold me to it lol

Green Apple
    Thanks

On mac iTunes 7.7 was up this am via software update

However on xp it didn't show on the updated so I updated manually however we won't see 2.0 till tomorrow, I did manage to get signed up for mobileme this morning and it was working and then stopped after I got to work

Livin the iPhone Life Poseidon79's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,681 Times in 1,159 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by felixtb View Post
    I suspect they have upgraded pwnagetool to work with the new firmware. They are not trying YET to break into the iphone3G so it should not be too different than jailbreaking and unlocking the beta 2.0 as of a few weeks ago. Maybe I'm wrong but....... GREAT WORK dev-team!!
    The challenge is trying to bypass or downgrade the new bootloader that the 3G phones will come with. The last time they changed the bootloader on us with 1.1.2 OTB it took a couple months to crack it. (Ziphone)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Livin the iPhone Life Poseidon79's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,681 Times in 1,159 Posts

Not 4.6... that much I know.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Jonny202003 View Post
    Somehow I don't see doing a jailbreak preparation before upgrading to 2.0, because from what was said before, the 2.0 firmware erases every little data byte from the iPhone and completely re-does the whole thing. So, I would imagine that you would have to upgrade to 2.0 first, then jailbreak it afterward. But that's just my opinion, don't hold me to it lol
    I take that back, its possible they could be using a firmware editing tool or something.