Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst ... 78910 LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Firmware 2.0 is out

well guys i got the itunes 7.7 and i download the file from the link in the first page but when finish zip it self i put my iphone in dfu mode i press the shift key but i can't find the file the file said restore at the end of the file i change the i add ipsw nothing happens i unziped and nothing happens i try everythink i know with not luck help i want the new firmware thanks guys!!!

Has anybody come up with a solution to Mail.app crashing without setting the phone up as a new phone? My understanding is that this is a know issue with permissions. I'd like to keep my SMS history on the phone. I think everything else except maybe notes is backed up in various apps during syncing. It wouldn't be tragic to have to restore to new but I'd rather not if there is another solution.

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

When you update/install the 2.0 firmware, your phone will be wiped... was I the only one that read that???

Ignorance is bliss.

finally got mine to work! Got 2.0 and installed about 15 free aps

iPhone? More like MyPhone Sparblaze's Avatar
    Thanks

"You need a newer version of Apple Mobile Device Support. Try running iTunes Installer again.
    Doesn't work. After the message my phone won't appear. I tried recovery and DFU mode. Please help.

does anyone know when it will "officially" release to update via itunes?

Sometime today/this weekend.

I'm a helpful jerk, fear me.

Quote Originally Posted by marc212 View Post
    does anyone know when it will "officially" release to update via itunes?
    Probably around 8 am (ish..... maybe time zone dependent...... PST Maybe?) to go along with the new phone........ or later to make us with a 1ft gen suffer!

I just checked, and It's on iTunes now!!!

I have read through and no one has mentioned this. For the few people who have upgraded to 2.0....

Do you have a contacts app now....like from the touch?

I didnt hear anything about it befor its release. But mine does have the contacts app allong with the phone app.

Yes, yes we have. It's funny because I always thought it would be handy but now that I have it I find it quite pointless considering it's part of the phone.app

I'm a helpful jerk, fear me.

Thanks

I did the download from iTunes and now it's trying to access iPhone iTunes store and it's not connecting to the store. So now i cannot use my phone!!!! It won't even let me go to the iPhone main screen on iTunes. Any suggestions?

Now i have a nice little error that says "We could not complete your iTunes store request. An unknown error occurred (-9838)"
    Last edited by drflaco216; 07-11-2008 at 08:58 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Livin the iPhone Life
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by alectra82 View Post
    i am not positive, but dont you have to press shift/update rather than shift/restore?
    Nope shift/restore
    [IMG]http://i480.photobucket.com/albums/rr164/sundayduffer/modmyimirrormind.png[/IMG]

Default 2.0 upgrade for AT&T
    So i've read these posts and just want to get something cleared up. If Im an At&t customer and i have a 1.1.4 jailbroken iphone, can i simply plug it into my computer and update through itunes without having any serious problems?

And for that matter, is it updated through itunes or is it a manual process through Ziphone or programs like that?

Livin the iPhone Life
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by alectra82 View Post
    i am not positive, but dont you have to press shift/update rather than shift/restore?
    Nope, shift/restore
    [IMG]http://i480.photobucket.com/albums/rr164/sundayduffer/modmyimirrormind.png[/IMG]

does any one know why firmware 5A347 is 225MB and the one that apple released today is 218.2MB. what would be the drifrence if any?

I upgraded my friends iphne with frimware 5A347 he was on a virgin i phone with att. No jailbreak or unlock were ever used on hes iphone. I did the option button(on a mac) and it upgrade. no probles so far everything works perfect. ps the i restored iphone from a back up and all contacts and sms were back on the iphone..
    Last edited by joseruinyc; 07-11-2008 at 09:08 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

can someone post a link to re official 2.0 firmware? Thx. I updated early and the phone is sluggish.

its not onb itunes for me. is it only for iphone?

Finally. the update is up for the itouch.
    except itunes store is unavailable.

Is there any difference between the software/firmware I downloaded from this forum yesterday and what apple is releasing today? If so how do I acquire the newer version? My Itunes tells me I have the latest version 2.0 when I look for an update.

Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst ... 78910 LastLast