Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst ... 678910 LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Firmware 2.0 is out

My install of 2.0 appeared to fail too - gave me the Connect to iTunes screen. I just forced it to restart, restarted iTunes and it was all fine - have 2.0 running - no problems.

Have you tried just continuing without reverting to 1.1.4? You may have it working already and not know it...???

Hmm...interesting thought.
    Did you had a jailbroken / unlocked 1.1.4 beforehand? And what's it's state now (unlocked/jailbroken).

For those stuck in recovery mode, I just tried this and it seems to work. Good luck.

I went from a jailbroken 1.1.1 to 1.1.4 and got stuck in recovery mode. Did the instructions below and then updated to 2.0 and it worked. IMPORTANT: Leave the phone attached and iTunes open until it comes back up. I think that is why I had the problems in the first place.

Save your iPhone with recovery mode - iPhone Alley
    Someone needs to make a native Poker Timer app.

Quote Originally Posted by eswanborg View Post
    My install of 2.0 appeared to fail too - gave me the Connect to iTunes screen. I just forced it to restart, restarted iTunes and it was all fine - have 2.0 running - no problems.

Have you tried just continuing without reverting to 1.1.4? You may have it working already and not know it...???
    well i tried it one more time and i didnt get an error.... hopefully it works... and before i wasnt getting the app store icon so yeah...

EDIT:
    Its about damn time!!!
    Last edited by jrtek; 07-10-2008 at 05:09 PM.

I successfully did it but if i restore from an old iphone save, my mail crashes instantly. if i do it from a new one all my contacts are gone.

Green Apple
    Thanks
    Having the same problem too with apps opening for a few seconds and then closing

So is the 2.0 only for iPhone? or can i insall it on my ipod touch?

Anybody having problems that make the iPhone restart after updating? I've had mine crash and restart three times already when starting up one of the apps downloaded from the app store.

Quote Originally Posted by redguy View Post
    MAC USERS - FOR THE RECORD: I just spent like 4-5 hours trying to downgrade to 1.1.4 after an unsuccessful attempt to upgrade to 2.0.
    After dozens of failed attempts and following a bunch of tutorials, I finally had the inspiration to try on windows. Itunes was already installed on (7.6) and right after I restored in DFU mode (and got some error), I could restore in normal recovery mode.

ALL the mac attempts failed for some reason and I tested with both 7.5 and 7.6 downgraded Itunes.

BTW - I recovered using a 1.1.4 firmware found in this forum's wiki (firmware download links).
    I don't know if you had the same problem I did, but when I first tried to update I had an error, so I was forced to restore, the 2nd attempt was a success. I think the reason why it worked was the extension of the file. Instead of ending with .ipsw.zip, delete ".zip" and it should work, it did for me anyways.

Okay nm my contacts problem is gone. I restored to an older save and then synced with outlook. Then i restored as a new phone and synced with outlook merging the account in the process.

So i have a fully working 2.0 with monkey ball, remote, facebook, and jolt so far.

Updated itunes to 7.7 and it tells me that 1.1.4 is the current iphone firmware..?? anyone else experience this?

duh, I feel like an idiot! I'll remember to read next time...thanks!
    Last edited by toyvan; 07-10-2008 at 07:24 PM.

Livin the iPhone Life Poseidon79's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,681 Times in 1,159 Posts

Apple has not released the 2.0 firmware in itunes yet. If you want it you have to use the link provided on the first post.

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by toyvan View Post
    I call your bluff!! why don't you just tell us all here? no need to keep secrets!
    That's just what I was going to say, there's no reason to not say it right here if you're going to be typing it up (maybe multiple times) anyway.
    Phil Nolan
    Modeler / Animator
    High 5 Productions

Firmware 2.0 issues.
    I upgraded to 2.0 this afternoon and I stared having some issues this evening. All my contacts just vanished, They were there after I upgraded to 2.0 this afternoon but suddenly an hour back they just vanished. Before upgrade, I had 1.1.4 jailbroken but not unlocked..... I am restoring it now.. let see what that does.....

Why NOt Just Wait to Tomorrow ?

And I got all my contacts back.... I just have re-install all the free appstore apps which I downloaded.... but everything else is good....

how do i put it on the phone

i downloaded it but now what?

Quote Originally Posted by HORTON16 View Post
    how do i put it on the phone

i downloaded it but now what?
    Assuming you read the very first sentence of the first post which has the link for the download, I suggest you try to read the next two sentences as they tell you how to install it.

(On windows, hold shift and click restore, then point to the file you just downloaded. On mac, press whatever button it is mac presses and do the same thing)

I'm a helpful jerk, fear me.

i had 1.1.4 jailbroken, then i did a fresh install of 1.1.4, then i went to 2.0. while i was on the jailbroken iphone i had customize installed and now i can not change my background. anyone else getting this?

Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst ... 678910 LastLast