+ Reply
Page 7 of 10 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Firmware 2.0 is out

is a discussion within the

iPhone News

forums, a part of the

General iPhone

section;
Originally Posted by [email protected] Just wondering how did you change it? That is one thing I want to keep is my custom carrier Originally Posted by dbldare I believe he's
    What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by [email protected] View Post
    Just wondering how did you change it? That is one thing I want to keep is my custom carrier
    Quote Originally Posted by dbldare View Post
    I believe he's just talking about the logo itself, not the carrier. There is software that you can get from the installer app that let's you modify the lettering on the logo to say what you want it to. The one I use is MIM (Make It Mine).

dbl
    i used MIM also. i was just wondering y it still shows the custom carrier logo when upgrading to 2.0 was suppose to wipe all the data on the phone.

Quote Originally Posted by dbldare View Post
    I believe he's just talking about the logo itself, not the carrier. There is software that you can get from the installer app that let's you modify the lettering on the logo to say what you want it to. The one I use is MIM (Make It Mine).

dbl
    Right that was what I was wondering if Make it Mine was used, I used customize because I have a styled text and a small graphic. I have used MiM before and did a restore and it left the carrier I was just curious.

Quote Originally Posted by foureyez View Post
    i used MIM also. i was just wondering y it still shows the custom carrier logo when upgrading to 2.0 was suppose to wipe all the data on the phone.
    However MiM works unless you set your phone up as new it keeps the modified carrier.
    Last edited by [email protected]; 07-10-2008 at 01:48 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

iPhone? More like MyPhone jfmsam's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by rick1123581322 View Post
    can anyone tell me what the baseband version that is running on 5a347?

is it the same as 5a345 and 5a331?
    Same as before 04.05.04_G.

Thanks

This didnt work for me, i got an errror 20 when i tried to update to 2.0.. I am not jailbroken or unlocked

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    Ok, im having Issues with the 2.0

I am an ATT Customer
    I restored my phone to 1.1.4 (Non Jailbroken) before updating.
    Im using iTunes 7.7

I shift+check for update, selecte the 2.0 ipsw - After it runs through about 3 bars of "Preparing iPhone for restore" it gives me the error "The iPod "iPod" could not be restored. An unknown error occurred (1611)"

After that it appears my iPhone sits there locked up (i freaked out when it first happened) But I can just Power+Home to shut it off and with I turn it back on its in recovery mode, from here I can try again (and fail) to update to 2.0, or I can take it back to 1.1.4 no problem.

I'd like to get 2.0 running now. Any idea's?

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by .:MirrorminD:. View Post
    Ya thats what i was affraid of, you need the business plan through at&t to have two calendars from what i remember reading
    I guess the one thing to try, after MobileMe is actually working: perhaps if you choose to Push your MobileMe info AND push the Exchange info it will work. Maybe the catch is just that you can't Push one and Sync the other...???

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Default It just worked
    Just wanted to add my name to the list of those who've successfully installed this over a jailbroken unlocked 1.1.4 and now have a fully-functional iPhone 2, working on a non-iPhone O2 contract. Result!

Green Apple
    Thanks
    I "successfully" upgraded to 2.0, but now my wifi signal is constantly getting lost and saying incorrect passcode, maybe I'm just being paranoid but it was working great before I upgraded

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by frogmella View Post
    Just wanted to add my name to the list of those who've successfully installed this over a jailbroken unlocked 1.1.4 and now have a fully-functional iPhone 2, working on a non-iPhone O2 contract. Result!
    frogmella

what kind of unlock did you used on 1.1.4?
    thanks

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

iphone could not be restored unknown error (5) I have jailbroken 1.1.4, not unlock. I used the link provided and hit shift and restore. Anyone have any suggestions. I went ahead and did a regular restore cause it would not read the phone.

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

Has anybody had any problems with their email after they upgraded to 2.0? Everything else works fine and I've downloaded and purchased some great apps. But when I try to open mail on my iPhone it opens for about 5 seconds then closes again. If this has happened to someone else and they've figured out why, I'd love to know.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Kyduckman View Post
    iphone could not be restored unknown error (5) I have jailbroken 1.1.4, not unlock. I used the link provided and hit shift and restore. Anyone have any suggestions. I went ahead and did a regular restore cause it would not read the phone.
    got the samething and had to restore back to 1.1.4

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Boosted let me know if you hear of something. I don't know what went wrong, but at least I am not alone.

Green Apple
    Thanks
    Default I think I am bricked???
    AT&T user. Well, I was 1.1.1 and I updated to 1.1.4 before trying to go to 2.0 and now all I am getting is the screen with the iTunes logo and the connecting cord. Not showing up in iTunes. Am I bricked? Can I get back or update to 2.0?
    Someone needs to make a native Poker Timer app.

Green Apple
    Thanks

Seems like quite a few people are having issues. Maybe due to not upgrading itunes first or whatever case is. For me though will just wait till tomorrow. Not that big of a deal to rush.

Green Apple
    Thanks
    I did update iTunes to 7.7???

Can I manually update to 2.0 without iTunes?
    Last edited by iPhoneRogue; 07-10-2008 at 04:01 PM.
    Someone needs to make a native Poker Timer app.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by mikenificent View Post
    Seems like quite a few people are having issues. Maybe due to not upgrading itunes first or whatever case is. For me though will just wait till tomorrow. Not that big of a deal to rush.
    I updated to 7.7 first then i tried to restore to 2.0 and i got error 20

Green Apple
    Thanks

Everyone, I just found out why so many people are having problems. Download the new firmware using Firefox. IE and Safari do not download it correctly.
    "Carpe iPhone"-"Seize the iPhone"-Steve's Roman Ancestors

Green Apple
    Thanks

i cant get this stupid f'n $h!t to work... I have 7.7.... Im not nor ever been unlocked or jailbroken... i did shift+restore like instructed in the first post... WTF...

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    MAC USERS - FOR THE RECORD: I just spent like 4-5 hours trying to downgrade to 1.1.4 after an unsuccessful attempt to upgrade to 2.0.
    After dozens of failed attempts and following a bunch of tutorials, I finally had the inspiration to try on windows. Itunes was already installed on (7.6) and right after I restored in DFU mode (and got some error), I could restore in normal recovery mode.

ALL the mac attempts failed for some reason and I tested with both 7.5 and 7.6 downgraded Itunes.

BTW - I recovered using a 1.1.4 firmware found in this forum's wiki (firmware download links).

+ Reply
Page 7 of 10 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast