Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Access The AppStore via iTunes

go make some apps u think they r trashy
    oh wait ur just another whiny poster

Previously Known as A.T MetallicaFan1991's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by tabaks View Post
    Find a new job.

By the way, I just took some time to browse the store and the result is discouraging. If what I saw (about half of it) is a statistically significant indicator, about 70-80% of the apps present in the store are pure trash. Unintuitive, poorly designed and feature-dry. I REALLY expected to see MUCH more. Sad, sad state of affairs.
    Ye, same here, I can't find MMS or Video Recording in the store, does anyone know if them two apps are there?
    Can't wait for the Samsung i900 aka omnia to be releases, I know its going to be soo much better than any iPhone (Present and future ones). The AppStore is a big let down.

Livin the iPhone Life
    Thanks

well ive got all my free apps downloaded and ready to go for tomorrow
    [IMG]http://i480.photobucket.com/albums/rr164/sundayduffer/modmyimirrormind.png[/IMG]

damn. im still on a jailbroken 1.1. How can i use the appstore but still keep a jailbroken iphone? Do i need to get the 1.2 or 2.0 beta firmware?

I just saw Sketches on the front page; $8?!? Let the cracking begin...

Yah, SportsTap is now a native app!

$10 for Band? Its hard getting used to having to pay for apps now...
    Last edited by ajl917; 07-10-2008 at 08:25 AM.

Thanks

Well, sux that u have to log in to download the free ones, and even more that u need credit card to register, i dont like credit cards

The icon for the iPhone in iTunes looks different to me too. Am I just seeing things?

FYI, 2.0 has been "released" (someone found the link to download)

http://www.modmyi.com/forums/general...load-link.html
    Last edited by Happy Noodle Boy; 07-10-2008 at 08:40 AM.

I'm a helpful jerk, fear me.

wow, they wan't $10 for Band when we get it for free .
    Can anyone say Pandora?!
    BTW: 2.0 and iTunes 7.7 have officially been released.
    Last edited by m3thodandr3d; 07-10-2008 at 08:51 AM.
    Please hit the thanks button if I helped you out

Quote Originally Posted by m3thodandr3d View Post
    wow, they wan't $10 for Band when we get it for free .
    Can anyone say Pandora?!
    "they" being Moo since the developers puts the price on the app.

iPhone? More like MyPhone jfmsam's Avatar
    Thanks

You don't need to wait until tomorrow if you want 2.0. If you are a legit AT&T customer with iPhone account you can install 2.0 (5a347) without a problem.

You need iTunes 7.7, so make sure you get it before attempting installing 2.0. To get it just go to your Apple Updater.

The AppStore Icon on the iPhone went live as soon as I installed my downloaded apps.

If you later want to downgrade (install some other version like a 2.0 Pwned one...), there are numerous posts out there on how to downgrade.

To downgrade:
    Basically you just put it in DFU mode (not restore), downgrade to 1.1.4. Then try to kick it out of Restore mode with your favorite app (in my case I had to install 1.1.4 twice before I could kick it out) and then use a Baseband downgrader that is already available if you need to unlock your BB.
    Last edited by jfmsam; 07-10-2008 at 09:13 AM.

Find a new job.

By the way, I just took some time to browse the store and the result is discouraging. If what I saw (about half of it) is a statistically significant indicator, about 70-80% of the apps present in the store are pure trash. Unintuitive, poorly designed and feature-dry. I REALLY expected to see MUCH more. Sad, sad state of affairs.
    I agree as well. The Myspace app looks cool, but come on. I have AIM, Gameboy Advance, SNES, Sega Genesis and radio on my iphone for free. Ill pass on paying for Solitare and an ebook version of "A Tale of Two Cities" on the app store. Keeping my phone JB for now. Hopefully much better games/apps are in the pipeline or someone JBs 2.0

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    we need pwnage tool to support the released 2.O... please

Find a new job.

As opposed to the 70-80% of trash apps found in Installer/Cydia? This has just been released, give it time to mature and companies to jump on it. Plus, the push-service to be released on September is going to be a big influence on future apps.

Quote Originally Posted by A.T View Post
    Ye, same here, I can't find MMS or Video Recording in the store, does anyone know if them two apps are there?
    Can't wait for the Samsung i900 aka omnia to be releases, I know its going to be soo much better than any iPhone (Present and future ones). The AppStore is a big let down.
    You won't find those apps in the store ever.

how can i get a 2.0 Pwned firmware for a ipod touch. i dont want to pay for a freakn firmware update..

Cant seem to find a beta 2.0 to install.

I tried to update iTunes check for updates but it says i have the lastest verison 7.6.2????how do u get 7.7????Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by wildturkey View Post
    I tried to updtae iTunes check for updates but it says i have the lastest verison 7.6.2????how do u get 7.7????Thanks
    Download from the iTunes website.

Anyone try it yet, I am nervous to try it if anyone does let us all know what happens and maybe screen shots, thanks all
    ------------------------------

iPhone 4
    4.1 Firmware

iPhone? More like MyPhone jfmsam's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by dallasnights View Post
    Anyone try it yet, I am nervous to try it if anyone does let us all know what happens and maybe screen shots, thanks all
    If you are legit AT&T go for it. If not you may potentially brick your iPhone if you can't get it into DFU to downgrade.

dallasnight, just do it man! Backup ur stuff and take the plunge. if I was on ATT I would be all over the new firmware. As for the app store, very nice. I'm super excited. I already downloaded some apps. Wish it was already unlocked!

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast