Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: iPhone For Free on O2 in UK, Accepting Pre-Orders Now

Owner / Founder - ModMyi
    aka poetic_folly
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,809 Times in 1,229 Posts

Default iPhone For Free on O2 in UK, Accepting Pre-Orders Now

O2 is sending out emails to their user base letting them know the iPhone is available for pre-order. Course, they're already sold out now.

The iPhone you've been waiting for. Order from 8am today

As promised we are writing to you to keep you updated on the next steps to getting an iPhone 3G. We do, however, expect demand for iPhone 3G to be very high so orders will be processed on a first come, first served basis so that we can be fair to all customers. Orders will be limited to one iPhone 3G per customer.

* The new 8GB iPhone won't cost you a penny on our 45 and 75 tariffs. And it's just 99 on our 35 tariff and new 30 tariff. Terms apply.

If you want to place your order, all you need do is click on the link below on your Mac or PC, select the tariff, select the iPhone 3G model and sign a new 18-month contract online.

Initial, successful orders will be delivered on 11th July by courier and will require a signature as proof of receipt.
    99.00 GBP = 194.87 USD, so it looks like its same cost to them as in the US on their cheaper "tariff"s, or plans, but on higher plans its free. And of course, 18 month contract vs 24 here.

Thank to all who sent this in...

↑ ↑ ↓ ↓ ← → ← → B A [select] [start] Kyle Matthews

Lucky jerks. At least we don't have Rodgers in the States

Sold Out.. that was fast.

Default Phone
    Too bloody fast. Got a text from O2 saying the pre orders were at 8am ( this was now about 2pm ), went online an hour later and they were sold out.arrgghhh

Thanks

the online sales were only for 8gb ones.

uk is not getting white ones - which sucks.

stores are guaranteed stock on friday, and carphone warehouse + O2 + apple stores open at 8:02 am.

i rung apple, and the apple csr told me that apple wont be selling the iphone on contract, only payg when its available (before christmas) - maybe something to bear in mind for friday although the o2 csr told me apple would be selling them, im not risking a couple hours in a queue with any chance of not getting one.

also, this is probably a publicity hype by O2 seeing as how much the iPhone 1st gen flopped at launch last year.

either way, ill be at O2 store at 7 am on friday morning, day off work.

the online sales also jammed the O2 system conveniently andthe limited stock was sold out within a couple hours
    Last edited by reeko; 07-08-2008 at 03:44 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
    The Original Autobot of MMi
    Jesus couldn't turn into a fire engine

LOL -> "Winterboard does not interfere at all with my performance."

Suck it up, Sucker

O2 has 3g?
    but man, that was sold out fast, do they have as big an area as at&t does with 3g coverage? because if they don't, what's the sense?
    on my second iPhone... (although the first one got taken)...
    fw: 1.1.4
    size: 8gb
    service: at&t
    unlocked & jailbroken!

Thanks

3g is getting huge with all operators in the uk now, 3g dongles for laptops have come out on a commerical basis over last few months and every company is rolling out 3g practically everywhere.

3g iphone is gonna rule here
    The Original Autobot of MMi
    Jesus couldn't turn into a fire engine

LOL -> "Winterboard does not interfere at all with my performance."

Suck it up, Sucker

how hard do you all think it will be to get one on the 11th, you gonna queue, i was thinking of just wandering down at 9ish?

...until WiMax comes out

yeah, and if your like me who got screwed over by the cr*p excuse of a site you'd lose interest lol!! the site told me there was errors on 3 occasions....turns out that the 99 was taken 3 ... yes 3 fookin times!! only 1 has been refunded so far!! and to rub salt in the wounds, none of the orders got as far as "confirmed" so im currently sh1t outta luck of 200 down & NO iphones reserved for me
    do'h

Wonder how hard it'll be for me to get my iPhone?

Oh ****, wait I work for Carphone Warehouse.. guess I'll have mine first, like last year =P

Quote Originally Posted by jtanner View Post
    yeah, and if your like me who got screwed over by the cr*p excuse of a site you'd lose interest lol!! the site told me there was errors on 3 occasions....turns out that the 99 was taken 3 ... yes 3 fookin times!! only 1 has been refunded so far!! and to rub salt in the wounds, none of the orders got as far as "confirmed" so im currently sh1t outta luck of 200 down & NO iphones reserved for me
    That blows cocks and ballz

Livin the iPhone Life sziklassy's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by jtanner View Post
    It seems to me like you could just report this to your credit company and claim it is a fraudulent charge. I mean in a way it is... you did not agree to the terms and yet they have charge you money. This is, of course, if you don't get a refund. IDK how it works in GB but here in the states a charge like that wouldn't have me worried one bit.
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    I once prayed to God for an iPhone, but quickly found out He didn't work that way...so I stole an iPhone and prayed for His forgiveness.

A dog is the only thing on earth that loves you more than you love yourself. - Josh Billings