+ Reply
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: wiSync - sync your iPhone via WiFi

is a discussion within the

iPhone News

forums, a part of the

General iPhone

section;
DVB+, your iPhone will not connect to another mac simply because your devices havent shared public keys, so the script will simply quit. However, we are looking into using hostnames
    francis
    DVB+, your iPhone will not connect to another mac simply because your devices havent shared public keys, so the script will simply quit. However, we are looking into using hostnames instead of IP's and this has 2 advantages - specifically, it will work even if you're IP's change, and more importantly, it will only try to connect to your specific mac, not any other computers. Unfortunately, this will be slightly slower than using direct IP sync, but if we can get it working reasonably, the advantages outweigh the disadvantages

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by francisois View Post
    DVB+, your iPhone will not connect to another mac simply because your devices havent shared public keys, so the script will simply quit. However, we are looking into using hostnames instead of IP's and this has 2 advantages - specifically, it will work even if you're IP's change, and more importantly, it will only try to connect to your specific mac, not any other computers. Unfortunately, this will be slightly slower than using direct IP sync, but if we can get it working reasonably, the advantages outweigh the disadvantages
    I hope you guys make this great app even greater.
    Good Luck

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    I've got this program working on OSX 10.5.1(Leopard) but have yet to try syncing through wifi. I will eventually try it soon!

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

I am not able to launch the app. Quits unexpected! :-(
    Someone an idea?

Gruss

Owner / Founder - ModMyi
    aka cash7c3
    Thanks
    Thanked 15,271 Times in 652 Posts

you need to unload dock.

launchctl unload -w /Library/LaunchDaemons/com.natetrue.dock.plist

should be dock compatible soon

francis
    For everyone (Tiger users specifically) who couldn't get the mac app to run, we're glad to announce that v1.1 is 100% Tiger compatible!

For those of you who couldn't get the native app to run, this was a simple conflict with the Dock app, and we're also glad to announce that this has also been fixed!

We suggest that everyone upgrade to the newest version (1.1) as this includes many enhancements and a few new features for both the Mac app and the iPhone native app.

Download links:
    Private Download Link for MMi Members
    Public Download Link

7. The Following User Says Thank You to francis For This Useful Post:

Cody Overcash (12-21-2007)

Thanks

ok heres the problem in my case

the app installs, turns on, remote login is setup. i set up the parameters needed such as the sync folder and everything. anyways nothing happens. i hit force sync on the phone and it goes to the black screen and all that. but then nothing happens. nothing synced. maybe im confused about what this is suppose to do. ok so if i place something into the sync folder on my iphone and then i sync the device will that file show up on my mac and vise versa?

Green Apple
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by poetic_folly View Post
    wiSync is the wireless syncing solution for your Mac and iPhone.

modmyi.com/wisync

We've partnered up with the iFrancis development team to release wiSync, a wireless sync solution for the iPhone. At the moment it allows you to install and configure wiToggle, a native app for your iPhone. With wiSync, you can set a folder on your Mac which the iPhone will sync files with on a given schedule, or when you manually choose to sync.

wiSync currently does NOT support actual iTunes syncing (of music, contacts, calendar, etc) via WiFi, although that is planned for a future development within the next 30 days.

For more information including installation, download, and usage instructions, check out:

modmyi.com/wisync

The iFrancis team will also soon be releasing two more utilities:

1) wiBackup, which backs up your notes, SMS, contacts, call history, etc. This may eventually become part of wiSync.
    2) iInstaller. Easily install applications from your computer to your iPhone, no SFTP or SSH knowledge required!
    PF,
    This is cool, but it's for MAC.
    Anything for windows os platform?
    Thx.
    Buang

OS X - excellent enough to put on phones LGgeek's Avatar
    Thanks

Works like a charm. I used /Media/PDF for my iPhone directory since that's where PDF viewer looks. I converted a couple of html docs just to check it out, now it's a piece of cake to get any doc on the iPhone.

no problems , I'm on 1.1.1

Thanks a lot.
    Last edited by LGgeek; 12-22-2007 at 04:56 PM. Reason: add
    I don't drink kool-Aid, I don't join cults.
    This is why I break out in cold sweat going to Apple retail store.

11. The Following User Says Thank You to LGgeek For This Useful Post:

francis
    Quote Originally Posted by LGgeek View Post
    Works like a charm. I used /Media/PDF for my iPhone directory since that's where PDF viewer looks. I converted a couple of html docs just to check it out, now it's a piece of cake to get any doc on the iPhone.

Thanks a lot.
    LGgeek I'm glad you liked the software! Considering that there is also a Downloads folder created by the Safari Downloader Plugin, do you think we should allow users to synchronize more than one folder?

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

For everyone (Tiger users specifically) who couldn't get the mac app to run, we're glad to announce that v1.1 is 100% Tiger compatible!

For those of you who couldn't get the native app to run, this was a simple conflict with the Dock app, and we're also glad to announce that this has also been fixed!

We suggest that everyone upgrade to the newest version (1.1) as this includes many enhancements and a few new features for both the Mac app and the iPhone native app.

Download links:
    Private Download Link for MMi Members
    Public Download Link
    Thank you, this finally works for me now.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by LGgeek View Post

Thanks a lot.
    I tried this new version 1.1 on OSX 10.4.10 (Tiger) and iphone firmware 1.1.2 and it works perfectly. Thanks and well done!

Banned
    Thanks

is this compatible with windows?

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by AcuraKidd View Post
    is this compatible with windows?
    Someone needs to learn how to read. Currently only available for Mac

iPhone? More like MyPhone agentfubu's Avatar
    Thanks

Since no one seems to be working on a windows version, I'll start working on a windows version of the computer side, not iPhone side.
    Thanks,
    Matt

Thanks

Sorry for the bother, but I tried to download wisync and got the following error (repeatably). Is this unusual?

Fatal error: Allowed memory size of 8388608 bytes exhausted (tried to allocate 4864 bytes) in /home/mmi/public_html/wiki/includes/Article.php on line 667

iPhone? More like MyPhone agentfubu's Avatar
    Thanks

That's because the forums are using too much memory on the server. That's a server problem.
    Thanks,
    Matt

Thanks

I would really love to see a windows Vista version of this!

Happy New Year everybody!
    Iphone 1.2.1 oob-working with Quicksim on
    Ariel, I mean Voicestream, Sorry I mean T-Mobile

Windows Vista Ultimate
    Tampa Bay FL

Do something, anything, better today than yesterday!

Banned
    Thanks

this is when i wish i had a Mac

Thanks

Unhappy cant make it work
    Hi, im on OSX 10.4.11 and iPhone 1.1.2 updated, i put the IP, activate remote login and so so... nothing happens, i click on install wiSync on iPhone, the status bar appears comlpete in about 5 seconds and thats it, nothings installed and still cant sync... some help?