Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Free SIP-VoIP coming on New Years

Owner / Founder - ModMyi
    aka cash7c3
    Thanks
    Thanked 15,276 Times in 652 Posts

Default Free SIP-VoIP coming on New Years
    iPod Touch owners will finally be able to make calls via voip technology.

blog.touchmods.com has announced they will be introducing their SIP-VOIP application for the iPod touch on New Years. The caviot: Touch users will need the Touch Microphone in order to use this great app.

[engadget via touchmods]

AT&T won't be happy.
    haha.
    myRepoSpace.com - Easily create your own Cydia Repo.

this is really cool. i dont own a touch but still i cant believe it. so will this work over edge or only wifi? i mean i think wifi only since u proly need a lot of data flowing through this thing to make it work. will the software designed for ipod touch work for iphones too?

Quote Originally Posted by Iman07 View Post
    this is really cool. i dont own a touch but still i cant believe it. so will this work over edge or only wifi? i mean i think wifi only since u proly need a lot of data flowing through this thing to make it work. will the software designed for ipod touch work for iphones too?
    I don't believe the iTouch has an Edge transceiver ..most likely only WiFi.

Cool unfortunately i don't own a itouch.

But will this work with the iphone as-well?
    Iphone Love... I dreamed of a iphone before it was out..

blog.touchmods.com has announced they will be introducing their SIP-VOIP application for the iPod touch on New Years. The caviot: Touch users will need the Touch Microphone in order to use this great app.

What's a caviot?

I assume this will work for the iphone as-well because there literally the same technology .

this would be cool if we could call international with this
    "When You PushEd on hackers their gonna push back 10x as HARD"

sTeve stp smokin that apple and free my iphone

Great news, I hope this is going to work on the iPhone as well.

Does this mean that we soon can call other mobile phones for free? or just to other iphones with this app?? Call for free would be ******* awsome!!!!!! but i doubt it

Quote Originally Posted by smackjack View Post
    Does this mean that we soon can call other mobile phones for free? or just to other iphones with this app?? Call for free would be ******* awsome!!!!!! but i doubt it
    It's really hard to inform yourself about the terms "SIP" and "VoIP", isn't it...?

Quote Originally Posted by vriesfde View Post

What's a caviot?
    It's what you wish you would have gotten when you get the app and don't have the Touch Microphone

Caveat as in Caveat Emptor (Let the buyer beware)
    Last edited by cranie; 12-21-2007 at 11:49 PM.

Owner / Founder - ModMyi
    aka cash7c3
    Thanks
    Thanked 15,276 Times in 652 Posts

What's a caviot?
    that would be me butchering the spelling of caveat

Quote Originally Posted by cash7c3 View Post
    that would be me butchering the spelling of caveat
    Where is a dictionary when you need one, eh?

Well you can call other iphone.

Thanks

What's a caviot?
    He meant caveat, it means 'warning'
    To live, you have to lie

I hope this is going to be a generic SIP client. I currently have softphone service that I use x-lite with - can't wait to test it out!

I got the iVoice from Walmart working on 12/24/07. This means a mic that can be bought at Walmart for $25
    Earl

I'm not familiar with VIOP at all. does this type of technology allow for receiving calls as well?

Quote Originally Posted by jujubeanser View Post
    I'm not familiar with VIOP at all. does this type of technology allow for receiving calls as well?
    As long as you are connected to a wifi signal, and you are signed up to a voip service, you can make and receive calls.Read http://www.dslreports.com/faq/voip and click around the rest of the website, there is a lot of info and a good forum to ask questions about different providers and technical problems.
    Iphoned & now using T-MO prepaid, Been playing w/ Apples for nearly 2 decades...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast