Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Real GPS on the iPhone

Owner / Founder - ModMyi
    aka cash7c3
    Thanks
    Thanked 15,279 Times in 652 Posts

Default Real GPS on the iPhone
    It's coming, and it works.

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RY8OxHeNKfY"]YouTube - GPS on the Iphone[/ame]

Well you all heard about the tomtom iphone rumor. This one is real. The guys over are partfounry have created a gps that plugs into the sync port to provide your iphone with gps capabilities (with a native app of course).

While it is not released yet they are taking preorders for $89 on their site.

[via intomobile | thanks youiphone]

wow i would love to have one!! specially when i go for trips and i need to get to places that i have never been before.

It is really useful for frequent business flyers like me!!

two thumbs up for that!!!

Cheers!!!

i am working with this company and will be developing software and displaying the device at macworld expo in jan

Owner / Founder - ModMyi
    aka poetic_folly
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,809 Times in 1,229 Posts

Nice... a little inside scoop.

↑ ↑ ↓ ↓ ← → ← → B A [select] [start] Kyle Matthews

iPhoneaholic
    Thanks

niiice

Ill be buying one for sure, hopefully it gets a bit more feature rich

hey this is a little off topic but wat did u use to flick to another part of ur springboard
    -thanks

Quote Originally Posted by laxmaster232 View Post
    hey this is a little off topic but wat did u use to flick to another part of ur springboard
    -thanks
    like to flick to another screen? same way u would move a webpage to another section, just flick left/right to right/left

9. The Following User Says Thank You to bigvaderb For This Useful Post:

diggz (12-18-2007)

thats kinda cool but i wont be buying anything till i get some turn by turn directions. i seriously suck with directions. so is this thing gonna be able to get turn by turn directions like tom tom. i need someone talking to me and i dont mean the passenger.

seriously isn't it easier and cheaper to just search for a landmark on google maps and then go from there if you are lost? What i do is i know the city i am in so i just search for a gas station or any other location that i am next too and then use that address to get me to where i want to go... I will buy something that is like retail gps, turn by turn directions with rerouting due to traffic

Quote Originally Posted by bigvaderb View Post
    like to flick to another screen? same way u would move a webpage to another section, just flick left/right to right/left
    kinda but he was on his home screen and he flicked to another part of it like a picture i think it has to do with those 2 dots above his dock icons?

kinda but he was on his home screen and he flicked to another part of it like a picture i think it has to do with those 2 dots above his dock icons?
    you have to have more applications than can fit on your home screen... once you use up all the space the next time you install a program the iPhone will allow you to flick left or right to the additional programs

It looks great. I hope they get a cover for the sync port chip. If u use it on a key chain. If not there would be a lot of broken ones from the keys hitting it. I no mine would last a week

Quote Originally Posted by ford092 View Post
    seriously isn't it easier and cheaper to just search for a landmark on google maps and then go from there if you are lost? What i do is i know the city i am in so i just search for a gas station or any other location that i am next too and then use that address to get me to where i want to go... I will buy something that is like retail gps, turn by turn directions with rerouting due to traffic
    well there are alot more things you can do with a gps other than directions..

this gps device can get data similiar to other gps devices, all the features you want like turn by turn directions are up to the software to do.

this device is capable of doing pretty much any other gps systems do, as long as there is software to do it.

i will be doing some software, and im sure alot of other devs will too.

1/ No Power Connector to keep the Iphone alive for a couple hours if we're on a long trip. ( after plugging GPS chip??? )

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

It's called summerboard. Look it up on installer.

Though this is a good start, but i do see some limitation on this.

1) Edge is required, since the app is using google map
    2) no turn by turn voice direction, since it's using google map
    3) As other mentioned, battery can be problem

This is a good start I have to repeat, but need some tweakage to make it perfect. But it's getting there!

Green Apple
    Thanks

can't wait!!

Great concept and dvelopment. Personally I am not sure if I want to invest any more into the current phone. One would assume and hope the iPhone V2 will have a gps in it. If not I may be tempted to switch the the Voyager.

damnit why the hell couldn't apple put the damn GPS into the phone!?
    Maybe with Built in maps too!? Gee, Edge is so expensive. Now i have to pay 89$ and service fees for edge...

Screw this im going to Nokia.......

hahaha, no im not.

Quote Originally Posted by 96hondaex View Post
    It's called summerboard. Look it up on installer.
    No its not. It's called Update your phone to 1.1.1 Or higher and install more then 4 3rdparty applications.

That Flick thing is inbuilt from apple.
    Last edited by mofolo; 12-17-2007 at 06:38 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
    myRepoSpace.com - Easily create your own Cydia Repo.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast