Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Real GPS on the iPhone

Green Apple
    Thanks

Great i switched to the tilt cause i wanted gps on my phone and then this comes out? OH well just means i can hope that the iphone 2 has built in gps and a keyboard with actual buttons...

$100 for it, kind of steep doesn't it?

Thanks

im sure it will come with some kind of maps

I wonder if we will be able to use a bluetooth gps reciever. BTW has anyone heard anything about unlocking the bluetooth on the iphone to use stereo bluetooth?

Quote Originally Posted by akosko01 View Post
    I wonder if we will be able to use a bluetooth gps reciever. BTW has anyone heard anything about unlocking the bluetooth on the iphone to use stereo bluetooth?
    I agreed, Bluetooth gps reciever would be 1# choice for us.

Quote Originally Posted by mofolo View Post
    damnit why the hell couldn't apple put the damn GPS into the phone!?
    Maybe with Built in maps too!? Gee, Edge is so expensive. Now i have to pay 89$ and service fees for edge...

Screw this im going to Nokia.......

hahaha, no im not.

No its not. It's called Update your phone to 1.1.1 Or higher and install more then 4 3rdparty applications.

That Flick thing is inbuilt from apple.
    no its not...summerboard still has to be installed, its just that most jailbreak methods pre-install summerboard when they jailbreak the phones (those with 1.1.1 and higher)

its not built in from apple, but 1.1.1 stopped summerboard from scrolling up and down, and is now forcing summerboard to switch screens like the weather app.

in such case - this is for a completely different thread

I hope this will have 3D map view and voice prompts.
    Iphone Love... I dreamed of a iphone before it was out..

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

Until they can GUARANTEE this will work with current firmware and all future firmware updates, I wouldn't spend even a $1.00 for it....

Dude the firmware doesn't really matter if you can use your 3rd party apps then you can use this.

this is shot in Burbank California, I live here. Magnolia and Hollywood way is 5 min from my house. At least I can save on shipping, I'll just go pick it up.

Very cool, I'm sure once the SDK comes out, there will be more choices at hopefully competitive prices.

as far as i know this has a connector on the bottom t charge the phone while the unit is installed.
    any and all features are dependent on software, not the gps device.
    if you have any ideas for unique GPS applications you can voice your opinions here.

http://www.monsterandfriends.com/?q=node/60

Yeah the GPS device just receives coordinates. ^^

Will the app have an auto refresh for turn by turn?

***Pre-Ordered****
    I'm looking forward to some of the apps that people are already developing for it!!!

Quote Originally Posted by esko032 View Post
    Will the app have an auto refresh for turn by turn?
    As of right now, no, but people are developing apps for it that may have T-B-T directions.
    -Cody

Quote Originally Posted by CodyR1951 View Post
    As of right now, no, but people are developing apps for it that may have T-B-T directions.

Looks like I need to hold onto my Holux BT GPS receiver. From reading this thread, it looks like iphone will pair with my BT receiver someday.

iPhone 3GS with w/AT&T
    Technician
    Smart Cellphone Repair
    www.ifixsmartphone.com
    Ask me all your hardware problem!

Thanks

I still prefer the TOMTOM way, and hope they make a port. Auto updating maps through the Maps.app would use massive amounts of data. With TOMTOM, the Map is stored on the device, only takes up about 1GB for all of North America
    Get "iPod & iTunes for Dummies", it'll change your life.

if it had bluetooth gps antenna i would get it

Quote Originally Posted by hungquocle View Post
    1/ No Power Connector to keep the Iphone alive for a couple hours if we're on a long trip. ( after plugging GPS chip??? )

That was what i was gonna post, will it be CHARGE compatible?

-M@

Great job developers. Hope this will work without a jailbroken phone in the future. Who the hell would be dumb enough to PREORDER. The requirements for the product says "jailbroken iphone". Release date is February 2008. Who knows what the iphone will be in 3 months. They might not be able to update the device to work with future firmwares. We may have official games from Apple, GPS devices that do not require a jailbroken iphone. What if a uber update comes out?

Quote Originally Posted by djanimay View Post
    That was what i was gonna post, will it be CHARGE compatible?

-M@
    I just read the info on official site. it had usb mini to charge the iphone after plugging the GPS device

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast