+ Reply
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Official Unlocked iPhones - NOT Officially Unlocked?

is a discussion within the

iPhone News

forums, a part of the

General iPhone

section;
Apple are just f***ing everything up for everyone now. It's definitely false advertising. Apple are now known to me as iDicks. A more fitting name, I think. Originally Posted by
    Thanks

Apple are just f***ing everything up for everyone now. It's definitely false advertising. Apple are now known to me as iDicks. A more fitting name, I think.

Quote Originally Posted by az1324 View Post
    I wonder if they tried iWorld
    The point is that the French shouldn't need to use a 3rd party app, especially if they paid extra to get it "unlocked".
    [RIGHT][LEFT][IMG]http://lookpic.com/i/470/QsIbAobp.jpeg[/IMG]
    [/LEFT][QUOTE]Microsoft owns the internet through Hotmail. The .HTML is short for Hotmail, so all .HTML files are MS files.[/QUOTE][URL="http://twitter.com/dale1v"][SIZE=2][COLOR=Cyan][I]twitter.com/dale1v[/I][/COLOR][/SIZE][/URL]
    [/RIGHT]

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by timwinslade View Post
    To answer your questions,
    It does not tell you that you can only use a french sim. Nor did the girl in France Telecom any sim any country were her words!

The only reason that you need to provide Orange customer services with an address for is for them to post out the instructions telling you to restore your phone. Also I suppose to stop people from say the UK buying one to use in England. Luckly I my Family home is in france so I have an address there.
    If they fix this issue before a simunlock I'd be tempted to go to France and buy one... via va la France! Liberty!

Mon Address? Sure Number 1 Château de Versailles, Paris...
    DESIMLOCK : Après cette étape qui se fait généralement avec Anysim ( ou unlock par exemple ) vous pourrez mettre votre sim et vous servir de votre iPhone avec le mode téléphonie. Tout sera 100% fonctionnel après cette étape.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Just jailbreaked the phone installed iWorld and hey presto my officially sort of ish unlocked iPhone is now working with my vodafone sim without problems!!!!

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

That is total crap. They arent really unlocked. Just unlocked to some carriers. I hope apple gets in trouble for this false advertising.

iPhone? More like MyPhone compton,Tx's Avatar
    Thanks

I don't really understand why everyone is so upset? The phone's are unlocked for France, why would apple allow everyone to go to france and by an unlocked phone when they're selling them locked in Germany and England which is right next door? Come on now, this is still a business and there are a lot of politics in a huge corporation. Stop crying, and wait for the dev team to find an unlock or wait for the contract with ATT to expire. Where was everyone 5 years ago when the Razr came out? Only ATT had it, I wanted it but there was nothing I could do but either cancel and pay fees and sign with ATT or wait. So I waited for 3 years, finally got it.
    Stop your ******** about an fully unlocked phone, it's not going to happen for awhile!!!

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Default Capture Data Stream
    To answer your questions,

The firmware version is 1.1.2 the modem version is 04.02.13_G.

When you hit restore it downloads the 1.1.2 restore file installs it then opens the ITMS then after about 1 min it says your phone is unlocked.

It does not tell you that you can only use a french sim. Nor did the girl in France Telecom any sim any country were her words!

The only reason that you need to provide Orange customer services with an address for is for them to post out the instructions telling you to restore your phone. Also I suppose to stop people from say the UK buying one to use in England. Luckly I my Family home is in france so I have an address there.
    Did somebody capture the data coming from this download (1 min ITMS until message ?
    MacBook Pro 2.33GHz 2GB/120GB • iPhone 8GB 1.1.1

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Bacchus View Post
    Did somebody capture the data coming from this download (1 min ITMS until message ?
    No data collected Sorry problem is you dont actually know when it will happen. I was restoring the phone every day waiting untill the unlock just kicked in.

Quote Originally Posted by compton,Tx View Post
    I don't really understand why everyone is so upset? The phone's are unlocked for France, why would apple allow everyone to go to france and by an unlocked phone when they're selling them locked in Germany and England which is right next door? Come on now, this is still a business and there are a lot of politics in a huge corporation. Stop crying, and wait for the dev team to find an unlock or wait for the contract with ATT to expire. Where was everyone 5 years ago when the Razr came out? Only ATT had it, I wanted it but there was nothing I could do but either cancel and pay fees and sign with ATT or wait. So I waited for 3 years, finally got it.
    Stop your ******** about an fully unlocked phone, it's not going to happen for awhile!!!
    You cant just go to France and buy it unlocked Orange want ID, and a french address when you purchase it. Also when I activated it the iTunes asks for a valid french bank card to be added to the account. You would find it pointless buying one if you lived in England as you cant activate it through orange to then register for it to be unlocked.

Why cry about it? I live in Spain and France one phone 2 sims makes sense. Better than paying to roam.
    Last edited by timwinslade; 12-14-2007 at 09:42 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Default Collect all the data
    No data collected Sorry problem is you dont actually know when it will happen. I was restoring the phone every day waiting untill the unlock just kicked in.
    The restore file is about 160 MB. You have to save the whole data you're getting and compare it with the "normal" download...
    MacBook Pro 2.33GHz 2GB/120GB • iPhone 8GB 1.1.1

Moderator / DRP Dev Team jedinight's Avatar
    Thanks

i wonder if iworld would fix this...symptoms are deadon for iworld!!

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

wrong news a friend of mine bought that unlocked french iPhone and he use it now in Denmark without a single problem

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by compton,Tx View Post
    ERM...if you paid 1000 euros for a phone that YOU EXPECT TO BE UNLOCKED and it isn't, then you might understand why people would be upset, perhaps?
    [/LEFT][QUOTE]Microsoft owns the internet through Hotmail. The .HTML is short for Hotmail, so all .HTML files are MS files.[/QUOTE][URL="http://twitter.com/dale1v"][SIZE=2][COLOR=Cyan][I]twitter.com/dale1v[/I][/COLOR][/SIZE][/URL]
    [/RIGHT]

Thanks

Hmmmm..... My freedom fries taste really good right about now!!!

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by jayson9 View Post
    Hmmmm..... My freedom fries taste really good right about now!!!
    lol
    [/RIGHT]

Green Apple
    Thanks
    I think the fact that Apple has already acknowledged that this is a "bug", means they will fix it, so the phone will be a trully "factory unlock" for use in any country. Apple must have just overlooked this when they made their unlock software. I don't believe it was done on purpose.
    iPhone 3GS - 32GB

Thanks

that sucks

Green Apple
    Thanks
    Those of you with unlocked French or German iPhones go to George Hotz web site georgehotz.com he needs your help, thanks!!!

Owner / Founder - ModMyi
    aka poetic_folly
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,797 Times in 1,222 Posts

Update in original post: turns out iPhone Atlas was mistaken.

↑ ↑ ↓ ↓ ← → ← → B A [select] [start] Kyle Matthews

Livin the iPhone Life yowiphone's Avatar
    Thanks

So it works any where?
    Iphone Love... I dreamed of a iphone before it was out..

Owner / Founder - ModMyi
    aka poetic_folly
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,797 Times in 1,222 Posts

Thats what Valleywag is reporting.

↑ ↑ ↓ ↓ ← → ← → B A [select] [start] Kyle Matthews

Livin the iPhone Life yowiphone's Avatar
    Thanks

But its to expensive any way i dont know any one who will pay that much.
    Iphone Love... I dreamed of a iphone before it was out..

+ Reply
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12