Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: iPhone delivers up to 8 hours of talk time

Default iPhone delivers up to 8 hours of talk time
    CUPERTINO, California—June 18, 2007—Apple® today announced that iPhone™ will deliver significantly longer battery life when it ships on June 29 than was originally estimated when iPhone was unveiled in January. iPhone will feature up to 8 hours of talk time, 6 hours of Internet use, 7 hours of video playback or 24 hours of audio playback.* In addition, iPhone will feature up to 250 hours—more than 10 days—of standby time. Apple also announced that the entire top surface of iPhone, including its stunning 3.5-inch display, has been upgraded from plastic to optical-quality glass to achieve a superior level of scratch resistance and optical clarity.

“With 8 hours of talk time, and 24 hours of audio playback, iPhone’s battery life is longer than any other ‘Smartphone’ and even longer than most MP3 players,” said Steve Jobs, Apple’s CEO. “We’ve also upgraded iPhone’s entire top surface from plastic to optical-quality glass for superior scratch resistance and clarity. There has never been a phone like iPhone, and we can't wait to get this truly magical product into the hands of customers starting just 11 days from today.”

iPhone introduces an entirely new user interface based on a revolutionary multi-touch display and pioneering new software that allows users to control iPhone with just a tap, flick or pinch of their fingers. iPhone combines three products into one small and lightweight handheld device—a revolutionary mobile phone, a widescreen iPod, and the Internet in your pocket with best-ever applications on a mobile phone for email, web browsing and maps. iPhone ushers in an era of software power and sophistication never before seen in a mobile device, which completely redefines what users can do on their mobile phones.

Pricing and Availability
    iPhone will be available in the US on June 29, 2007 in a 4GB model for $499 (US) and an 8GB model for $599 (US), and will work with either a PC or Mac®. iPhone will be sold in the US through Apple’s retail and online stores, and through AT&T’s select retail stores.

*All Battery claims are dependent upon network configuration and many other factors; actual results may vary. See www.apple.com/batteries for more information. Music capacity is based on four minutes per song and 128-Kbps AAC encoding; actual capacity varies by content.

Thats AWESOME!

Thanks

I saw that this morning too. Looks like they're trying to validate the price while quietening the critics at the same time.
    http://www.modmyi.com/forums/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=9&dateline=1181485574

Thanks

Very nice I must say!

iPhone? More like MyPhone thewhiteguy1's Avatar
    Thanks

aw freakin sweet. 8 hours of talk time. that pwns my razr. lol so. its going to be almost exactly the same size as the blackjack which is pretty small. thats not bad.

Owner / Founder - ModMyi
    aka poetic_folly
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,809 Times in 1,229 Posts

Wow... if this can deliver that, I will be one happy camper!

↑ ↑ ↓ ↓ ← → ← → B A [select] [start] Kyle Matthews

Owner / Founder - ModMyi
    aka cash7c3
    Thanks
    Thanked 15,279 Times in 652 Posts

that is a major update. go go apple!

Livin the iPhone Life Napoleon_PhoneApart's Avatar
    Thanks

My last real concern has been resolved.

Thanks

that battery life is better then my 5G ipod. thats pretty sick.

Thanks

All phone manufacturers claim longer battery life than you actually experience. Hopefully it won't be too bad though.
    http://www.modmyi.com/forums/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=9&dateline=1181485574

Thanks

okay well most companys don't claim like 5 hour battery and then its like 2. its more like they claim 5 hr batter and then its like 4 1/2. which still isnt bad so apples might be likde 7 1/2 hrs of talk time. thats major pwnage to all phones lol

Owner / Founder - ModMyi
    aka poetic_folly
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,809 Times in 1,229 Posts

Yah, still, a promise of 8 hours is more than double my Maxx's promised life, and nearly 90 minutes more than my Razr's promised life...

↑ ↑ ↓ ↓ ← → ← → B A [select] [start] Kyle Matthews

Yep, I don't really see WCDMA being an issue for battery life anymore... Yahoo.

Maybe Next gen will have an even better battery life ....8 hours talk time on UMTS networks