+ Reply
Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: AT&T Has updated their page with prices for 3G Iphone.

is a discussion within the

iPhone News

forums, a part of the

General iPhone

section;
Well just as the title suggest, over at AT&Ts website they have listed the set of prices for the iphone. New customers and those eligible for an upgrade will be
    Livin the iPhone Life
    Thanks

Default AT&T Has updated their page with prices for 3G Iphone.
    Well just as the title suggest, over at AT&Ts website they have listed the set of prices for the iphone.

New customers and those eligible for an upgrade will be able to purchase the phone for $199 (8GB) or $299 (16GB), while "early upgraders" will have to shell out $399 or $499, all with a two year contract and $18 upgrade fee. They also mention a "no commitment" deal later on in the year of $599 and $699 respectively.

iPhone 3G, Exclusively from AT&T and Apple - | Wireless from AT&T, formerly Cingular
    [IMG]http://i480.photobucket.com/albums/rr164/sundayduffer/modmyimirrormind.png[/IMG]

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

first, but on a topic bearing terrible news!

This means a lot of guys aren't gonna get that good price.

I just checked my account and it looks like with a 2 year contract, I'm eligible (I got my iPhone on the first day).
    Last edited by Vince; 07-01-2008 at 08:33 AM.

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

Well, glad this info is out. I'll have to figure out if I'm gonna take my iPhone off my family plan now...

I'll be waiting outside on July 10th for mine!

Question:
    So what makes one qualify as an "Early Upgrader"?
    Last edited by MgNate; 07-01-2008 at 08:35 AM.

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

All I wanna know is if I upgrade to the 3G iPhone without any commitment will I still be able to use my old sim card and plan? If not, I'll find a way to get my hands on one and unlock it! Can anybody confirm that. Heck, my monthly bill will always a little under $70 bucks and that was with tax too! *cough* stupid at&t

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

I checked my account and it says:

"This line is eligible for equipment discount pricing when you sign up for a 2-year service agreement. You can also take advantage of our no-commitment pricing option. All iPhone purchases require a 2-year service commitment"

gonna have to pay 399 i guess - no cheap upgrade....frick that sucks
    Last edited by smo84; 07-01-2008 at 09:01 AM.

Livin the iPhone Life
    Thanks

I just checked my account online and it says im eligible for an upgrade as well. So it does look like all current iphone owners can get the upgrade at the reduced price
    [IMG]http://i480.photobucket.com/albums/rr164/sundayduffer/modmyimirrormind.png[/IMG]

Livin the iPhone Life billchase2's Avatar
    Thanks

this is what i've got:

"This line is eligible for reduced equipment pricing when you sign up for a new 2-year service agreement. All iPhone purchases require a 2-year service commitment."

not sure if that means i get the discount or not... either way, i'm not upgrading right away. it doesn't really seem worth the money at this point.
    21.5" iMac 3.06 GHz Intel Core i3 l 15" MacBook Pro 2.2 GHz Intel Core i7 l 17" PowerBook 1.67 GHz
    iPhone 4 32 GB l  TV 160 GB l 32 GB iPad

Green Apple
    Thanks

Hmm I dunno about this. Have a prepaid so I could just signup for an account. I like my bill way it is though We'll see...

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

I'm sticking with my 2G iPhone. Thanks AT&T you made the decision pretty easy.

My iPhone is a Part of Me PhoneLine's Avatar
    Thanks

I believe all current iPhone users are eligible for the 199 and 299 price. Pretty much you have to be. The company didn't subsidize the cost for the 1st gen phone, everyone that has one bought it at full price. Thats why your eligible for an upgrade, cause you bought your last phone at full price. You would have been eligible for a phone from them the day you left the store with your first gen phone, cause you bought it at full price.

Now, if you get the 3G and pay 199 or 299, and 6 months later want to upgrade, then they can tell you no and charge you an early upgrader price, cause they paid a portion of the phone your using.

So, unless they want to cause a riot, all current iphone users who paid full price for their phone should get the new one at 199 and 299.

Thanks

Default Mms?
    Any word on if we will be getting MMS? It seems that other carriers in other countries are getting it. What about us (AT&T)?

Green Apple
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by PhoneLine View Post
    I believe all current iPhone users are eligible for the 199 and 299 price. Pretty much you have to be. The company didn't subsidize the cost for the 1st gen phone, everyone that has one bought it at full price. Thats why your eligible for an upgrade, cause you bought your last phone at full price. You would have been eligible for a phone from them the day you left the store with your first gen phone, cause you bought it at full price.

Now, if you get the 3G and pay 199 or 299, and 6 months later want to upgrade, then they can tell you no and charge you an early upgrader price, cause they paid a portion of the phone your using.

So, unless they want to cause a riot, all current iphone users who paid full price for their phone should get the new one at 199 and 299.
    Phoneline is correct. All current iphone owners are automatically eligible for the discounted pricing. Enjoy.

Livin the iPhone Life Poseidon79's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,681 Times in 1,159 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by david2082 View Post
    Any word on if we will be getting MMS? It seems that other carriers in other countries are getting it. What about us (AT&T)?
    The 2.0 firmware does not support MMS. It doesn't matter what country you're in.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

That's lame. I'm not eligible for another 10 months.

My iPhone is a Part of Me PhoneLine's Avatar
    Thanks

However, just like Swirley, someone could make an App for the App store for MMS.

If so, then people could have a legitimate reason to ask AT&T to add mms to their accounts.

Its been proved its possible with Swirley, so unless Apple just denies any apps which would send/recieve mms from going on the app store, I think its just a matter of time.

Though I would not put it past them to say thanks but no thanks to anyone who creates such an application. It stinks when a company won't let you spend your money when you want too.
    Last edited by PhoneLine; 07-01-2008 at 10:00 AM.

Green Apple
    Thanks

i am from india !! i am ready to shell out $600 at one go for iphone 3g ,but is it possible for me to get hands on it without getting into any contract !

My cousin satys there and he's coming in july mid !! if yes then i 'll order one for me too

Do reply and sorry if i am a lame or noob

Thanks

so i'm getting a iphone from my bro-in-law and if i activate it i can switch to 3g iphone paying the $299 for the 16gb? i am also on a family plan right now so how would that work out
    iPhone 4S 64GB White 5.1 UL | i7 Hackintosh 3.5 Ghz 32GB/ 2x128GB SSD, 2x1TB HD, 2x3TB HD, 2TB HD 10.7.3

18. The Following User Says Thank You to lild7hina For This Useful Post:

Hurley (07-04-2008)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by .:MirrorminD:. View Post
    Well just as the title suggest, over at AT&Ts website they have listed the set of prices for the iphone.

New customers and those eligible for an upgrade will be able to purchase the phone for $199 (8GB) or $299 (16GB), while "early upgraders" will have to shell out $399 or $499, all with a two year contract and $18 upgrade fee. They also mention a "no commitment" deal later on in the year of $599 and $699 respectively.

I'm still looking and I dont see any mention of a "no commitment" deal later on in the year.
    The Best There Is...
    The Best There Was....
    And The Best There Ever Will Be.....

iPhone? More like MyPhone jasonm253's Avatar
    Thanks

wow 130 for unlimited...i pay 80 for tmobile basically for all that...sorry att

Quote Originally Posted by Arm22 View Post
    Phoneline is correct. All current iphone owners are automatically eligible for the discounted pricing. Enjoy.
    I just got off the phone with ATT customer service then called back just to be sure, Both reps told me that as a current iPhone user I can buy the phone for 199 or 299 and just TRANSFER my number over with out any other fees! and I WILL NOT have to extend my contract.

+ Reply
Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast