+ Reply
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: AT&T Has updated their page with prices for 3G Iphone.

is a discussion within the

iPhone News

forums, a part of the

General iPhone

section;
now by upgrade does this mean i will be sucked out of my two year plan i have currently and put into a new one or do we pay 499
    iPhone? More like MyPhone sammo123's Avatar
    Thanks

now by upgrade does this mean i will be sucked out of my two year plan i have currently and put into a new one or do we pay 499 to keep within the same current plan

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

It'll replace your current plan.

iPhone? More like MyPhone sammo123's Avatar
    Thanks

well i dont really wanna be sucked into a new contract

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    I have over 4000+ rollover min will they let me keep it and i am a year into my contract got the iphone when it first came out..............

iPhone? More like MyPhone lostwhiteboyy's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by pospower View Post
    For that same plan you described above it's $149 + $30 that #189 a lot more than $10. I don't believe you have the option to only get data on one phone. I believe you must get data on all iphone 3g plans I might be wrong.

quick question Can you get a lessor text plan on the family plan. Example 1500 for $15. I don't use text that much and $30 makes it not worth it for me.
    no your wrong! it already includes unlimited data for 149.99! its says unlimited data/E-mail, visual voicemil and so on, at the top of the box! also it says includes first two lines! so thats for two iphones with that data and all that other stuff! and yes you can just add the 3g data to your current plan! so my plan WILL only be 10 more a month
    Last edited by lostwhiteboyy; 07-02-2008 at 02:24 PM.
    Dream as if you'll live forever, live as if you'll Die today!

Super Sweet Moderator thetoothfairy's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,003 Times in 565 Posts

I am p----sed..... I can't get the 3G in my area anyway.... if you look at their coverage it is only around big cities in all states..... and what good does that do for everyone else? ATT if you are going to charge for it get it in all areas through out the U.S!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Wake up!

I think people should not be charged for the 3G crap if you don't get it in your area.... when you sign up you will have to give them your zip code for billing and such so if you are not in these areas we should not be charged for it...

Also if they want to jack up this or that with the new iphone... I will then cancel everything I can off the land line in the house and just use a basic phone with them so that my alarm on the house still works... or HEY!!!!! Just remembered.... I will turn off the phone completely and go satellite for my alarm system as I just remembered I can do that now days, it will cost me a little bit more to get hooked up to it but in the long run I can dump the landline completely with them.... ;O)

I am going to have to really think this all out before moving up as I am on the unlimited plan right now and I am paying $132.?? a month as it is and I do not feel like paying a penny more....
    Last edited by thetoothfairy; 07-02-2008 at 03:33 PM.

Green Apple
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by lostwhiteboyy View Post
    no your wrong! it already includes unlimited data for 149.99! its says unlimited data/E-mail, visual voicemil and so on, at the top of the box! also it says includes first two lines! so thats for two iphones with that data and all that other stuff! and yes you can just add the 3g data to your current plan! so my plan WILL only be 10 more a month
    The $30 dollars is for unlimited text. so if you want any text messages at all your up to $179 for 2 phones with 1400 minutes. for $189 you could get two individual plans with 900 minutes each and 200 text messages each. Does that make sense?

iPhone? More like MyPhone lostwhiteboyy's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by pospower View Post
    The $30 dollars is for unlimited text. so if you want any text messages at all your up to $179 for 2 phones with 1400 minutes. for $189 you could get two individual plans with 900 minutes each and 200 text messages each. Does that make sense?
    but thats for two phones with unlimited data/visual voicemail. and all that other stuff! But i dont need two phones with unlimited data! so i can just keep my 89.99 (1400) an 30.00 (text) and 30.00 (data) and im only pay 10.00 dollars more! those plans they have listed there are including TWO phones with unlimited data and that other stuff! do you see what i mean? Those family plans are for TWO people (In the first price listing) that both need unlimited data/E-mail ,visual voicemail and so forth! thats why they seem so high! the family 1400, 89.99 add 30 (TEXT) to 89.99= 119.99 then 30 for (data) = 149.99 and then if i wanted my second line to have data on an iphone 30.00= 189.99! The family 1400 listed there includes two phones with data already 159.99+30(text) = 189.99! now do you see? your only paying 10 more unless you need two phones with data (iphone) then if so your paying 20 more!
    Last edited by lostwhiteboyy; 07-02-2008 at 04:21 PM.
    Dream as if you'll live forever, live as if you'll Die today!

Green Apple
    Thanks

OK carry on the above conversation regarding the Family 1400:
    I have the 1400 for 99.99(89 for first line 9.99 for second line(iphone), plus 9.99 media bundle(gives first line 400 text/1MB data), plus 20.00 iphone data package(w/ 200 text) for 130.00 a month.
    If I get the 3G I can ditch the 9.99 media package and take the 3G Family Talk 1400 at 149.99(two lines standard) plus 10.00 for unlimited text, so 159.99. So it'll end up costing me 30.00 more a month. But the problem I have is that Ionly need the 3G on one line, not two! Is there a way to have just one line on Family Talk be 3G?
    Always remember that you are unique....just like everyone else.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

So.......If currently having an iPhone grandfathers you into being able to upgrade to the 3G iPhone for $199, would I be able to take a friends 1st gen iPhone after he upgrades to the 3G iPhone, activate it then the same day or next day take it to an AT&T store and upgrade my account for $199?

How long do you have to have an active 2G iPhone account?

My account currently says it is not available for an upgrade so I am trying to find a way around it.

Thanks

Default Put a gun to my head
    and just ask for the money. Jesus...that is expensive. I will stay with my 2G phone and Tmobile.

iPhone? More like MyPhone hozay09's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Bobeder View Post
    So.......If currently having an iPhone grandfathers you into being able to upgrade to the 3G iPhone for $199, would I be able to take a friends 1st gen iPhone after he upgrades to the 3G iPhone, activate it then the same day or next day take it to an AT&T store and upgrade my account for $199?

How long do you have to have an active 2G iPhone account?

My account currently says it is not available for an upgrade so I am trying to find a way around it.
    So long as you do so before the end of July 11th you can technically get away with it. If you wait until July 12th you will be denied the $199/299 upgrade price.

Thanks

You guys i dont think this is that much more expensive. I pay 50 bucks a month for my crappy phone with just voice(450 min). All i have to do is add sms and data which is 35 extra a month. SO that is like not going out to eat twice a month.

Green Apple
    Thanks

dualcore-thats a 70% increase in your bill just for 3G and text, plus the cost of the phone...think about it that way
    Always remember that you are unique....just like everyone else.

Thanks

i hope a lot of people really do their homework , and i hope less and less people decide not to stand in line on july 11 in the morning. that'll show both apple and at&t!
    i personally dont have 3G in the area i live, and the closest city that does is 30-45 min. away, in which i dont visit that often.
    i would really like to buy the new phone, but theres no way im paying for any of these plans. it just disappoints me, the 2G phone came out with a good plan AND it included 200 txts! but wait, that was EDGE, pfft, whatever apple and at&t, i really hope your sales suffer because of these plans. i would love for people to get their hands on one (however they are going to do that) and unlock them! i'm with at&t, and i want the 3G unlocked! thats just crazy!

i hope people keep waiting and waiting for them to become avail. on ebay, etc, and for them to be unlocked, or even better, buy one on ebay or whoever is legit, and then unlock it yourself at home!! like what happend with the 2G, but that was T mobile customers who were wanting that, and canadian customers i guess.

anyway, if apple wants to sell a million of these things by whatever date/year they have in mind , i hope they come up WAY SHORT. and then they'll say, what happened, where did we go wrong? haha
    apple will prob. do yet another price drop, sometime, i guess, but that won't make up for these plan prices. *just my 2 cents*

iPhone? More like MyPhone beachboarder41's Avatar
    Thanks

ok so i sold my ipod touch to purchase the iphone 3g on the 11th, well i get it for the $199 or do i still have to check if im eligible to upgrade even though i didnt have the iphone before

Green Apple
    Thanks

We still can't buy and resell the 3G iPhones over Ebay correct? Contract in store still applies?

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Someone help me, so i sold my 2g iphone about 2 weeks ago and for now im using a cheap prepaid phone w/ my iphone sim installed. My att account says:

"This line is eligible for equipment discount pricing when you sign up for a 2-year service agreement. You can take advantage of our no-commitment pricing option, with the exception of iPhone which requires a 2-year commitment."

So does this mean i will pay $199 or the 399 upgrade pricing?

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

Can't we just buy the iPhone from the website or the store for less than $599 or $699 ? I mean it would be unlocked wouldn't it?

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by ceyx0522 View Post
    Someone help me, so i sold my 2g iphone about 2 weeks ago and for now im using a cheap prepaid phone w/ my iphone sim installed. My att account says:

"This line is eligible for equipment discount pricing when you sign up for a 2-year service agreement. You can take advantage of our no-commitment pricing option, with the exception of iPhone which requires a 2-year commitment."

So does this mean i will pay $199 or the 399 upgrade pricing?
    Yes that means you will pay $199/$299
    Quote Originally Posted by mrtonyyx View Post
    Can't we just buy the iPhone from the website or the store for less than $599 or $699 ? I mean it would be unlocked wouldn't it?
    You cannot buy the iPhone from an Apple or AT&T website. They are sold in the store only and with activation. There are no "Unlocked" phones.....yet.

21. The Following User Says Thank You to Bobeder For This Useful Post:

ceyx0522 (07-04-2008)