+ Reply
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: AT&T Has updated their page with prices for 3G Iphone.

is a discussion within the

iPhone News

forums, a part of the

General iPhone

section;
What happens if you are a new customer, sign a 2 yr contract and cancel on the 35fth day? I mean $199 plus early termination fee of $175 which will
    What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    What happens if you are a new customer, sign a 2 yr contract and cancel on the 35fth day? I mean $199 plus early termination fee of $175 which will be $375. I think that will be a good deal. Any idea?

Green Apple
    Thanks
    Ok im kind of confused here. Is there a certain voice plan you need to get with the iphone? Meaning I can't get the 700min $69.99 family plan? Am I forced to get the $129.99 plan with the iphone? Can't I just get any voice plan and add the iphone data plan to it? Or is the $129.99 the voice and data already added to it? And is that good for 2 iphones? Also can I get 2 iphones for $199 if im opening a family plan account?
    Last edited by Darko_kun; 07-01-2008 at 05:28 PM.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Default "early upgraders"?
    as far as i understand, if you have an existing at&t contract that didn't expire yet, you will have to pay the early upgraders price, but it looks like that doesnt apply to current iphone owners.

correct me if im wrong?

Livin the iPhone Life Happy Noodle Boy's Avatar
    Thanks

If you are a current iPhone owner on an iPhone AT&T Plan, then you pay $199/299

I'm a helpful jerk, fear me.

iPhone? More like MyPhone hozay09's Avatar
    Thanks

Are people on this forum seriously retarded or just fail to read & understand what's presented right in front of you? Everything is in plain English.

Existing iPhone customers will be eligible for the $199/299 prior to July 11th. Yes, you WILL be required to resign a 2yr agreement.

Existing AT&T customers who are currently eligible for an upgrade aka discounted price with renewal of a contract can purchase the phone at $199/299. AT&T will NOT allow upgrade overrides for iPhones as they tend to offer on other devices. If done so, the employee will face termination.

Newe coming AT&T customers are eligible for the $199/299 price point.

INELIGBILE customers aka you are NOT eligible to purchase a new device at a discounted price will pay $399/499 for the phone and WILL require to sign a new 2 year contract renewal. If this is unclear, simply contact customer care, check your online account or stop at any AT&T company owned store and ask a representative to see if you are eligible for an upgrade aka new phone at a 2yr discount price.

iPhone data plan will be $30. $10 MORE than the current plan. Text message WILL NOT be included. Texting is additional for $5/200 msgs, $15/1500, $20/unlimited or $30/family unlimited.

Voice plans remain the same.

Is that any clearer or do we need pictures?

Thanks

If you are going to do pictures, throw some pie charts too.

I'm a sucker for pie charts.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by iphoneroeth View Post
    I'm not upgrading only because of the $15.- per month more!
    exactly. i'm sticking with my first gen. the extra "3G" isn't worth it.

Green Apple
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by supersprynt View Post
    I'm sticking with my 2G iPhone. Thanks AT&T you made the decision pretty easy.
    DITTO. I pay $109 for family plan 1400 minutes and 200 free text. Now they want an additional 2 years, $149 plus $39.99 for the 3rd line and $30 for text. Thats going from $109 to $220. Are they on frickin crack. Time to go find another carrrier and start carrying my video ipod around. Nextel is looking better now. Thanks for making my decision for me AT&T. I hope you and Steve Jobs enjoy blowing one another.

ALS
    What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Default Premier?
    Has anyone heard about iPhone 3G and business/Premier discounts?

I've been an ATT customer for years, but opted not to activate the iPhone I purchased because I didn't want to lose my monthly corporate discount.

If I can at least get my discount, I'd consider the extra $15 a month. But going "legit" as a current discount recipient would not only cost me $15 more a month, but probably more like $25 more a month after losing that discount.

Over the course of 2 years, that adds up to an extra cost (for me) of around $600.

I'm sure I'm not the only one in this boat. So even though I believe I am eligible for the discount, I'm not sure it's worth a $25 per month jump in my bill.

If anyone has any info on the premier discount and iPhone 3G (on service, I realize NO phone discounts), I'd love to know. As far as I know, activating a regular iPhone plan takes away any discounts you used to get from work.

Green Apple
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by pospower View Post
    Ok please help me figure this out. the unlimited Family plan is $129 Now it says each plan includes 2 lines. So am I paying $129 for 2 lines and $39 for a third or is it $129 + $39 for the second. Please clarify the ATT Rep I just tt on hold for 20 minutes didn't have a clue that a family plan was even offered. He even went off the line for 10 minutes to try and find out and came back with nothing.
    You will pay like me (I'm not going to do it) $149 for the new 2 yr plan to share 1400 minutes for 2 lines. $39.99 for the 3rd line and an additional $30 for text. For me it would be going from $109 a month to $220. What a crock of crap

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by hozay09 View Post
    You inspire (and I'm bored)

12. The Following User Says Thank You to Happy Noodle Boy For This Useful Post:

keisi (07-02-2008)

oo3
    Thanks

So I'm assuming I'm gonna be paying 499 for my white 16 gb huh? Here's what my account says:

"You can take advantage of our no-commitment pricing option, with the exception of iPhone which requires a 2-year commitment.This line may be eligible for an equipment discount on 07/27/2009"

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by hozay09 View Post
    Are people on this forum seriously retarded or just fail to read & understand what's presented right in front of you? Everything is in plain English.

Existing iPhone customers will be eligible for the $199/299 prior to July 11th. Yes, you WILL be required to resign a 2yr agreement.

Existing AT&T customers who are currently eligible for an upgrade aka discounted price with renewal of a contract can purchase the phone at $199/299. AT&T will NOT allow upgrade overrides for iPhones as they tend to offer on other devices. If done so, the employee will face termination.

Newe coming AT&T customers are eligible for the $199/299 price point.

INELIGBILE customers aka you are NOT eligible to purchase a new device at a discounted price will pay $399/499 for the phone and WILL require to sign a new 2 year contract renewal. If this is unclear, simply contact customer care, check your online account or stop at any AT&T company owned store and ask a representative to see if you are eligible for an upgrade aka new phone at a 2yr discount price.

iPhone data plan will be $30. $10 MORE than the current plan. Text message WILL NOT be included. Texting is additional for $5/200 msgs, $15/1500, $20/unlimited or $30/family unlimited.

Voice plans remain the same.

LMAO!!

Ummm,

AT&T Customer Support: 1-800-331-0500 or
    For hearing or speech impaired: 1-866-241-6567

Thanks

Ok, finally, an AT&T statement that "soon" they will sell the iphone with no contract. That's what I was waiting for. That means we will get No-AT&T iPhones for the world. thats awesome!

I hope that by "soon" they mean august or september. lol.

Hope there is an unlock soon too.

Green Apple
    Thanks
    So how many iphones can you get at the discounted price?

iPhone? More like MyPhone lostwhiteboyy's Avatar
    Thanks

From what i understand, and please correct me if im wrong. but those plans there are for two iphones or two phones with data! thats why its higher! two phones with data! so if you only have one using data then it will be less than that says! Right now i pay 89.99 for 1400 for two, 20.00 for data and 30.00 for unlimited family text! so my plan is only going to go up 10 bucks (30 for 3G data)!
    Dream as if you'll live forever, live as if you'll Die today!

Green Apple
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by lostwhiteboyy View Post
    From what i understand, and please correct me if im wrong. but those plans there are for two iphones or two phones with data! thats why its higher! two phones with data! so if you only have one using data then it will be less than that says! Right now i pay 89.99 for 1400 for two, 20.00 for data and 30.00 for unlimited family text! so my plan is only going to go up 10 bucks (30 for 3G data)!
    For that same plan you described above it's $149 + $30 that #189 a lot more than $10. I don't believe you have the option to only get data on one phone. I believe you must get data on all iphone 3g plans I might be wrong.

quick question Can you get a lessor text plan on the family plan. Example 1500 for $15. I don't use text that much and $30 makes it not worth it for me.
    Last edited by pospower; 07-02-2008 at 06:29 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

It's cheaper to buy a 3G iPhone with a new contract & cancel it than it is to buy a no-commitment 3G iPhone.

Considering there's no 3G network where I live, and GPS isn't that important, why would I pay for this? Unlimited data - yet no txts included. SMS are data aren't they? T-mobile is looking better and better.

iPhone? More like MyPhone hozay09's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Happy Noodle Boy View Post
    You inspire (and I'm bored)

Hahahaha saved! Love it.

Quote Originally Posted by supersprynt View Post
    It's cheaper to buy a 3G iPhone with a new contract & cancel it than it is to buy a no-commitment 3G iPhone.

Considering there's no 3G network where I live, and GPS isn't that important, why would I pay for this? Unlimited data - yet no txts included. SMS are data aren't they? T-mobile is looking better and better.
    $199 (phone) + $36 activation + $70 minimum 1st month + $175 ETF

Yea, that's cheaper but is it really worth it?

Thanks

Any word on apple store pricing and selling
    Never underestimate the determination of a kid who is time rich and cash poor. (Little Brother by Cory Doctorow)