Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: AT&T Has updated their page with prices for 3G Iphone.

I really feel for you guys in the states, having to buy a new phone and for min $199. That sucks man. For once, in the UK, we are actually getting a good deal, being able to pick up the phone for Free, yep $0 for the 8gb (obviously we still have to have the contract tho...)
    Last edited by kbfc; 07-01-2008 at 01:10 PM. Reason: spelling

okay so i will be eligible for the 199/299 price but i'm on a family plan right now so idk how that will work out... because the other phones on my line aren't iphones so will i just extend the contract and pay $30 extra for 3g?
    iPhone 4S 64GB White 5.1 UL | i7 Hackintosh 3.5 Ghz 32GB/ 2x128GB SSD, 2x1TB HD, 2x3TB HD, 2TB HD 10.7.3

I just sold my iphone would i get the upgrades discount cuz I'm using different phone for now?
    Last edited by DuRo; 07-01-2008 at 01:33 PM.

My iPhone is a Part of Me PhoneLine's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by [email protected] View Post
    I just got off the phone with ATT customer service then called back just to be sure, Both reps told me that as a current iPhone user I can buy the phone for 199 or 299 and just TRANSFER my number over with out any other fees! and I WILL NOT have to extend my contract.
    I'd love for them to be correct and if you can get a log of that, I'd try and get them to honor it, but I honestly think they are incorrect.

Anytime something like that is done the contract always starts new from that day. Did they even mention to you the increase in the data plan or that it doesn't include text messages?

Wait wait wait wait wait....so its 70$ for a plan...... and then another 15 FOR TEXT??? they separated the fees instead of last time, 30$ for the data + 1500 Text???? THATS SUCH A RIP OFF

What the hell, where are the prices for those on family plans?
    All is... so Accept and Just Be

Quote Originally Posted by PhoneLine View Post
    However, just like Swirley, someone could make an App for the App store for MMS.

If so, then people could have a legitimate reason to ask AT&T to add mms to their accounts.

Its been proved its possible with Swirley, so unless Apple just denies any apps which would send/recieve mms from going on the app store, I think its just a matter of time.

Though I would not put it past them to say thanks but no thanks to anyone who creates such an application. It stinks when a company won't let you spend your money when you want too.
    The creators of SwirlyMMS have said they cannot make an app for the AppStore due to Apple's restrictions, so I don't see why anyone else would be able to, unfortunately.

Quote Originally Posted by andrewe13 View Post
    Wait wait wait wait wait....so its 70$ for a plan...... and then another 15 FOR TEXT??? they separated the fees instead of last time, 30$ for the data + 1500 Text???? THATS SUCH A RIP OFF
    Mannnn ur right.... and where did u see 30 dollar for data?
    All is... so Accept and Just Be

Default Please help me understand????
    I'm confussed with those rate plans are they for new customers????

I'm currently on a family plan for 1400. I'm elgible for an upgrade and im giving my wife my 2g phone and i also have a lg shine on my plan WHat do i expect to pay with the new pricing I'm really confused because first of all i dont want to be pay 3g price for my wifes line????Please help

Right now i pay $80 for 1st line 9.99 each for the 2 other lines and $30 for the iphone data line with 1500 text before taxes

Ok please help me figure this out. the unlimited Family plan is $129 Now it says each plan includes 2 lines. So am I paying $129 for 2 lines and $39 for a third or is it $129 + $39 for the second. Please clarify the ATT Rep I just tt on hold for 20 minutes didn't have a clue that a family plan was even offered. He even went off the line for 10 minutes to try and find out and came back with nothing.

Thanks

not only do we have to pay $10 more for data, but the 200 text messages is gone too from the plan? so we have to pay $5 MORE dollars too for the 200 messages...

basically a monthly fee of extra $15.-. That sucks!

My iPhone is a Part of Me PhoneLine's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Rosbaughcr View Post
    The creators of SwirlyMMS have said they cannot make an app for the AppStore due to Apple's restrictions, so I don't see why anyone else would be able to, unfortunately.
    Ahh, ok. Being on AT&T I knew about the App, but never followed it too much since it doesn't work for me, so was unaware of the restrictions. Still, upsetting that they just are saying we can't have a feature that we know it can do, but apple says email is better, so the gods must agree with them.

Thanks for the info!

Quote Originally Posted by PhoneLine View Post
    I'd love for them to be correct and if you can get a log of that, I'd try and get them to honor it, but I honestly think they are incorrect.

Anytime something like that is done the contract always starts new from that day. Did they even mention to you the increase in the data plan or that it doesn't include text messages?
    Yeah they mentioned the 30 dollar plan but he was unsure of the text message part.

Quote Originally Posted by lild7hina View Post
    okay so i will be eligible for the 199/299 price but i'm on a family plan right now so idk how that will work out... because the other phones on my line aren't iphones so will i just extend the contract and pay $30 extra for 3g?
    That is what I did this time around

Quote Originally Posted by wildturkey View Post
    I'm confussed with those rate plans are they for new customers????

I'm currently on a family plan for 1400. I'm elgible for an upgrade and im giving my wife my 2g phone and i also have a lg shine on my plan WHat do i expect to pay with the new pricing I'm really confused because first of all i dont want to be pay 3g price for my wifes line????Please help

Right now i pay $80 for 1st line 9.99 each for the 2 other lines and $30 for the iphone data line with 1500 text before taxes
    you will be able to upgrade YOUR phone, then add on the 30 dollars to your plan just like you did with your last iPhone

Quote Originally Posted by pospower View Post
    Ok please help me figure this out. the unlimited Family plan is $129 Now it says each plan includes 2 lines. So am I paying $129 for 2 lines and $39 for a third or is it $129 + $39 for the second. Please clarify the ATT Rep I just tt on hold for 20 minutes didn't have a clue that a family plan was even offered. He even went off the line for 10 minutes to try and find out and came back with nothing.
    I looked into this a few months ago when they first offered the unlimited family plan. I cant remember all the details but basically yes you pay the (I thought it was 250) the plan fee for two phones then they told me each other phone was 100 a month maybe they changed it but I would be the 39 dollars you are talking about would be for EACH other phone on your family plan

Quote Originally Posted by Rescuer View Post
    not only do we have to pay $10 more for data, but the 200 text messages is gone too from the plan? so we have to pay $5 MORE dollars too for the 200 messages...
    Yeah they are getting closer to the original data plans they had when I had my treo I paid 50 a month for unlimited data and 5 for 200 text
    Last edited by [email protected]; 07-01-2008 at 03:13 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Livin the iPhone Life Poseidon79's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,681 Times in 1,159 Posts

AT&T Stores will start selling the iPhone at 8am (local time) on the morning of July 11th. Computerworld posted this article today... AT&T to sell new iPhones minus contracts

I really really hate AT&T. I will still buy the iPhone and unlock it even if it costs me $1,000 just to spit in the face of AT&T's terrible service. And screw you also Steve Jobs for having no backbone.

Thanks
    thank god t-mobile doesn't rape their customers like at$t does. I don't think I'll ever drop this service.

Personally, I don't see a need for the upgrade for myself. Viewing web pages isn't tedious or anything on the 2G, so no complaints from here. The only thing that's of interest on the new firmware is the ability to save photos. Don't have a need for the rest of the crap yet. But hey, if it ain't broke....

I'm so glad the final costs are out. No more "is $199 the final cost?" posts. I don't plan on getting one because I'm happy with EDGE speeds (I only check e-mail/weather/maps when on edge) and I don't need GPS. Plus it kinda sucks how they separated text messages AND they bumped the data cost to $30. Until I land a job, car, and new apartment (all in the span of 2 weeks, it's going to be AWESOME), I don't have that much money to spend :P

I'm a helpful jerk, fear me.

My iPhone is a Part of Me BarcaMagic's Avatar
    Thanks

im sticking with my first gen.

I'm not upgrading only because of the $15.- per month more!

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast