Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: VOIP on iPod Touch

that guy is like MacGyver!!! Seriously

so would i be able to call to vietnam for free also? I've been looking into this but seems like all the voip services still charge u a monthly fee but if this is on the iphone that means i won't get charged n e thing to call back to vietnam huh? This will be a great release

Any cost? I know you have to pay for things like Skype (some of it), so who would host this service?

Could this be another nail in the AT&T coffin?????? How cool is that!

Thanks

I would definitely use this. Ha ha in your FACE Apple, O2 and AT&T!
    [RIGHT][LEFT][IMG]http://lookpic.com/i/470/QsIbAobp.jpeg[/IMG]
    [/LEFT][QUOTE]Microsoft owns the internet through Hotmail. The .HTML is short for Hotmail, so all .HTML files are MS files.[/QUOTE][URL="http://twitter.com/dale1v"][SIZE=2][COLOR=Cyan][I]twitter.com/dale1v[/I][/COLOR][/SIZE][/URL]
    [/RIGHT]

Meaning you really could turn an iPod Touch into an iPhone, that would be pretty cool...

I'd be an Wi-FiPhone.

I get credit if that's the name.

Livin the iPhone Life aziatiklover's Avatar
    Thanks

awesome news I can't wait to use it with my skype account
     Think Different

I believe the current holdup is "mass" development of the microphone. MRN over at http://touchmods.blog.com/ has been looking for makers for each city supposedly.

GRREATTTT! This will even make Iphone the most powerful of all cellphone/pda...
    3 Cheers for "EOK" hep hep!!! hoooray.... hep hep!!! hooooray.... hep hep hooorayyyy....Thanks for the report Erica

ok quick questions...will i need a skype or vbuzzer account??cuz if so that just means another bill on top of my current one..and if not then this will just let me dial out when im in wifi with my regular number from at&t? for free?
    PROUD
    8g iphone anySIM Unlocked
    Custom Kanye West Graduation Theme
    Using on Both At&t and T-mobile

All done By Me!!!

how can i use that voip now? any install readme?

damn thats cool more rollover mins here i come

Default Clarification
    Let me clarify some things out. We are talking about the iPhone implementation of the SIP protocol here. Think about SIP as a Jabber for VoIP - it's an open protocol used by a number of providers, which will require you to register an account with them. A lot of them provide a free or ultra-cheap option for local calls, but I never heard about any of those providing ubiquitous free international calls. It's not gonna be like you just call somewhere when you are at Wi-Fi hotspot and it's free (so don't get too excited) - you rather use special app to access you account and make a call from under your account. In most cases it's cheaper than common cell carriers' rates though.
    Do not confuse this with Skype. Skype uses a proprietary commercial protocol for VoIP instead of open SIP. You will notbe able to use the solution discussed here with your Skype account. To make this possible, Skype needs to make their own client app for iPhone. Which, I bet, will happen shortly after the release of iPhone/iTouch SDK in February. Skype makes the client app for such device as Nokia Internet Tablet - they are not going to ignore such platform as iPhone, which is far more popular and widespread than the Nokia's device.
    Last edited by aperley; 12-11-2007 at 10:38 AM.

16. The Following User Says Thank You to aperley For This Useful Post:

Kyle Matthews (12-11-2007)

^ way to be a party pooper
    jk, thanks for the insight

Quote Originally Posted by iphonerox View Post
    ^ way to be a party pooper
    jk, thanks for the insight
    I agree thanks for the insight! Sounded good though, maybe it is still beneficial.
    JESUS CHRIST SAVES

Unlocked Tmobile

Quote Originally Posted by karim7 View Post
    what does this mean?
    This is huge, my man.. It basically means that iTouch owners will be able to make (and receive I'm guessing) phone calls from it. And I suppose on th iPhone if you have unlocked WiFi but not activated the phone portion ...even better

God I love this site

iPhone? More like MyPhone j3wbagell's Avatar
    Thanks

this is awesome seeing as most people have wifi in their homes this will save tons of minutes for me as i do not have a home phone

My parents didn't pay for my iPhone.
    *If i help you hit that "Thanks" button for me*

iPhone? More like MyPhone RC_OZ's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by aperley View Post
    I never heard about any of those providing ubiquitous free international calls.
    Free no but pennies a minute yes. bunch of them out there.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast