+ Reply
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Playstation on the iPhone

is a discussion within the

iPhone News

forums, a part of the

General iPhone

section;
From the maker of GPsPhone comes psx4iPhone , a Playstation emulator for iPhone. Its not quite a release yet, but zodttd, the developer, says a release could be only a
    Owner / Founder - ModMyi
    aka poetic_folly
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,797 Times in 1,222 Posts

Default Playstation on the iPhone
    From the maker of GPsPhone comes psx4iPhone, a Playstation emulator for iPhone. Its not quite a release yet, but zodttd, the developer, says a release could be only a few days away.

From zodttd:

What can you look forward to in the first release of psx4iphone? Depends on how the beta testing goes. I will be working on the existing dynarec (cpu emulation) quite a lot to improve performance as it will be required. The screen scaling and screen placement will be drastically improved over the above images. Memory card support will work, and save states might work. Sound will be implemented as well. The interface/gui will be very similar to gpSPhone's just with 4 hard buttons instead of just A+B, and L2 and R2 buttons. A rough estimate would be about 75% of games will be compatible. With such a large library of games, this may or may not include your favorite game. Performance will have to be increased about 25% to get a good portion of games running smoothly. This can be done.

↑ ↑ ↓ ↓ ← → ← → B A [select] [start] Kyle Matthews

s2k
    iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

wow how cool but in my heart of hearts i know it just wont be playable no matter how hard you try

games like megaman x4 would be doable thopugh but games like resident evil woud not.

What's Jailbreak? shardsofaperture's Avatar
    Thanks

Default How in the....
    Now what i don't understand is.. well, remember when NES came out for the iphone, and it was all slow and what not, then there was alot of talk about... "how a bout a SegaGen/GBA/N64/PSP" emulator, and most of the conversations led to - iphone not powerful enough. Well, GBA is working (quite well, but still bugged, steady improvement though) but i'm very skeptical about this "PSX" emulator... How? isn't the hardware requirement for such an emulator too great for the iphone to handle? Heck, i'll just hope for it, i'd love to play crash bandicoot wherever i am without buying a psp.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

You may wana note that people who DONATE get to BETA TEST.

iPhone is very powerful btw, if anyone told you it can not run PS1 or N64, they simply don't know what they are saying. It may not run PS2 or anything like that but it is a very strong phone.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to cmufan For This Useful Post:

shardsofaperture (12-09-2007)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by cmufan View Post
    You may wana note that people who DONATE get to BETA TEST.

iPhone is very powerful btw, if anyone told you it can not run PS1 or N64, they simply don't know what they are saying. It may not run PS2 or anything like that but it is a very strong phone.
    The iPhone is very powerful. Processor wise, it is a bit weaker than the psp. The problem is emulating it. I can't wait to see this in action!

Thanks

Default standing corrected
    well, i stand corrected, after actually looking around a little, it seems that the psx ran a 33mhz processor and used 2mb of ram (from wiki), i think the iphone may very well have that one beat .

Thanks

So lets go all out and get a sensor bar modded to attach to the phone and have a wii emulator for all those people who can't get their hands on one for the holiday.

Owner / Founder - ModMyi
    aka poetic_folly
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,797 Times in 1,222 Posts

Ha at mike.

↑ ↑ ↓ ↓ ← → ← → B A [select] [start] Kyle Matthews

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

well this is most likely going to be hard to play
    still have trouble with the gba emu
    but this is more like one of those things to show off to your friends
    "my phone plays playstation1 what does your phone do?"

Thanks

Default wii
    Quote Originally Posted by miketbone20 View Post
    So lets go all out and get a sensor bar modded to attach to the phone and have a wii emulator for all those people who can't get their hands on one for the holiday.
    you know, the iphone already has the acceleratometer, just make an emulator that does tv out... how are the roms going to work with this, are we going to have to rip our psx disks and add them to ROMS/psx? thats gonna be quite a large bite out of storage

Green Apple
    Thanks

This is sweet, I will def download when its available. Hope the beta testing goes well!

Green Apple
    Thanks

donated. this is the emulator that I have been looking forward too.

iPhone? More like MyPhone wannagotopopeyes's Avatar
    Thanks

yea idk about this one, seems like it would be a bit tricky to do on the iphone, especiallly some games. Like the l and r buttons are already sort of hard to use on gpsphone, and I think this is more of just to see what the iphone is capable of more than anything. I think developers are getting a little emulator happy too haha

Next lets make an iPhone emulator to run on our iPhones!! lol
    i LOVE apple.

OS X - excellent enough to put on phones LGgeek's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by shardsofaperture View Post
    you know, the iphone already has the acceleratometer, just make an emulator that does tv out...

We would need an TV emulator that is better than the TV out that's on the iphone. I spent the $49 for the "special iphone cables" and the TV out is terrible compared to my video ipod. I would love a decent TV out that worked with everything ( mail,web,rss) then I could plug it into my car and read email on my nav screen. OK so I'm "out there" but I consider the iPhone to be potential gateway to many parts of our lives.
    Last edited by LGgeek; 12-09-2007 at 01:43 PM. Reason: sp
    I don't drink kool-Aid, I don't join cults.
    This is why I break out in cold sweat going to Apple retail store.

Thanks

At the moment:
    60% of me says that this won't be very enjoyable
    40% says that this could work out very well, especially by February when the SDK is released, then the developers at zodtt will have more resources available to them to make even better, more efficient emulators.
    [RIGHT][LEFT][IMG]http://lookpic.com/i/470/QsIbAobp.jpeg[/IMG]
    [/LEFT][QUOTE]Microsoft owns the internet through Hotmail. The .HTML is short for Hotmail, so all .HTML files are MS files.[/QUOTE][URL="http://twitter.com/dale1v"][SIZE=2][COLOR=Cyan][I]twitter.com/dale1v[/I][/COLOR][/SIZE][/URL]
    [/RIGHT]

Thanks

Default tv out psx
    Quote Originally Posted by LGgeek View Post
    We would need an TV emulator that is better than the TV out that's on the iphone. I spent the $49 for the "special iphone cables" and the TV out is terrible compared to my video ipod. I would love a decent TV out that worked with everything ( mail,web,rss) then I could plug it into my car and read email on my nav screen. OK so I'm "out there" but I consider the iPhone to be potential gateway to many parts of our lives.
    i suppose this is borderline wrong topic, but it really could end up working into an emulator, you figure, the iphone knows when to send something to another display source, there has to be a way to hijack it. If modders can figure out the ins and outs of 1.1.1 + then there must be a way work this into an emulator like this, instead of trying to fit screen + controls on the touch screen, make the entire screen the controller! that would be awesome (too bad programing is all greek to me)

Quote Originally Posted by dale1v View Post
    At the moment:
    60% of me says that this won't be very enjoyable
    40% says that this could work out very well, especially by February when the SDK is released, then the developers at zodtt will have more resources available to them to make even better, more efficient emulators.
    so i guess i've really taken interest in this post, maybe it's because its a lazy sunday afternoon... do we really believe apple will sign a program (assuming that's how sdk apps will work) that is borderline piracy? Emulators have always been a touchy subject, all things considered, how many people REALLY own the games they emulate? And to the arguement that oh it's JUST a program, who's going to download a working emulator without games to show off? I look foreword to flaming sheep on spyro (iphone style)
    Last edited by shardsofaperture; 12-09-2007 at 02:06 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

I don't mean to be pessimistic but due to all the emulators out there, I really doubt that ps1 emulator will amount to much...I know it's very difficult to get compatibility and such but it just seems like a very difficult thing to do on an computer, much less and iphone...but I'm really rooting for this project as I would like for it to prove me and everyone out there wrong...go emulators!!

Green Apple
    Thanks

ide much rather have gba or psp emulator much more n64

Green Apple
    Thanks

i hope this gets released soon its gonna be a mini psp but its the iphone

Livin the iPhone Life JedixJarf's Avatar
    Thanks

Here I come Jet Moto

+ Reply
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast