+ Reply
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Playstation on the iPhone

is a discussion within the

iPhone News

forums, a part of the

General iPhone

section;
I'm waiting for the xbox 360 emulator to come out for the iPhone. Any time soon? I can't wait to be playing Halo 3 online!!! Jk
    iPhone? More like MyPhone Dust Busta's Avatar
    Thanks

I'm waiting for the xbox 360 emulator to come out for the iPhone. Any time soon? I can't wait to be playing Halo 3 online!!! Jk

iPhoneaholic
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by JedixJarf View Post
    Here I come Jet Moto
    +1 lol jet moto FTMFW

Thanks

No Doubt Sony will try and find a way to sue anyone who uses a emulated sony product.

I hope it works too, but i am skeptical that it will ever be playable

Thanks

we need hardware controllers! RUMBLEPACKS!

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

nice! but PSX has to many buttons and TWO joysticks. If you use both thumbs to steer, you have nothing to press the X O [] and /\ buttons with. And most games uses the L and R buttons alot. Im looking forward to play resident evil, gta carmageddon and C&C but i dont think it will be possible to play because of all the buttons.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

100% of me eagerly awaits this emulator to be put out, just to see tecmo deception. Now hopefully we will get a sweet genesis or N64 emulator to come along soon.

Thanks

I wonder how many more buttons we can cram onto a little 3.5-inch display...

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

LOL, bring on the Vic20 emulator with on screen keyboard.

Thanks

Wishing Kingdom Hearts Will Come on iPhone, even thought it probably can't handle something like that.

Thanks

Cant you just duck tape 3 or 4 iphones together and connect the headphone jacks all together and make a xbox 360 emulator that way....4 iphones should be almost enough power.....LOL...just a thought....I do think the iphone will handle the ps1 alright.....this is what emulation is all about....Making something that works on one thing, work on anything....Let me know when it's ready... OH AND OFF THE SUBJECT, WHAT FORUM DO I ASK ABOUT WHY MY BLUETOOTH ISNT WORKING ANYMORE....I UPDATED AND JAIL BREAKED UP TO 1.1.2, NEVER UNLOCKED WITH ANY APP. NOW MY BLUETOOTH SAY'S UNAV......

11. The Following User Says Thank You to stlcaddie For This Useful Post:

shardsofaperture (12-09-2007)

iPhoneaholic
    Thanks

actually i believe this project could be quite a success. If you look at the normal ps1 core clock and ect. HERE you will notice that the ps1 speed is lower then the iphones... last time i checked i think it was at 400 mhz, im not exactly sure... I think in the nes emulator it shows you the clock speed 441 or something like that, but the controls will be very hard. might as well make an adapter for the iphone to connect with an ordinary psx controler. and make an app witch will make it possible to play it on the iphone.

Wow the iphone has gone a long way... This is the first phone witch has been hacked to give soooo many features... including all these emus <3 my iPhone

My iPhone is a Part of Me mofolo's Avatar
    Thanks

I saw this yesterday morning. I was like PSX!? I told my friends about it.. Now they want an iphone..haha suckers.

I really dont want this emulator to come out yet.

Only because, ZZTOD has still got to work on the GBA emulator.

I hope he doesn't leave the gba emulator at 1.1.2 release
    myRepoSpace.com - Easily create your own Cydia Repo.

Green Apple
    Thanks

ok so i think there should be joysticks... this is serious because im very suprised nobody has thought of it and it is an amazing idea... you need to have a circle with a dot in the middle of it then you put your finger on the dot (about the size of the a button on gpsphone) and then drag it all arround the circle to move arround. that would be amazing

Livin the iPhone Life billchase2's Avatar
    Thanks

very very cool news... looking forward to it!
    21.5" iMac 3.06 GHz Intel Core i3 l 15" MacBook Pro 2.2 GHz Intel Core i7 l 17" PowerBook 1.67 GHz
    iPhone 4 32 GB l  TV 160 GB l 32 GB iPad

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

cant wait for this!!! so may games lol..
    PROUD
    8g iphone anySIM Unlocked
    Custom Kanye West Graduation Theme
    Using on Both At&t and T-mobile

All done By Me!!!

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Bill69 View Post
    ok so i think there should be joysticks... this is serious because im very suprised nobody has thought of it and it is an amazing idea... you need to have a circle with a dot in the middle of it then you put your finger on the dot (about the size of the a button on gpsphone) and then drag it all arround the circle to move arround. that would be amazing
    I agree completely, and with the iphone multi touch, i am sure it could work. I drew a bad model, but couldn't a programmer/modder make a virtual joystick?

This is how it would work. The outside circle is the restriction of the joystick. It cannot leave that area at all. That way, all you do is drag and hold the little dot in whichever direction you want. If you want to move right, you hold onto the dot and move it right, and if you continue holding it right, you continue to move right. What I noticed in some GBA games (racing ones the most) is that sometimes I will be holding the right/left button in the middle of a turn, and then the car spazzes out because it doesn't know I am holding that button. A virtual joystiq would be amazing : ).

iPhone? More like MyPhone Stealth1029's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Greenkirby21 View Post
    I agree completely, and with the iphone multi touch, i am sure it could work. I drew a bad model, but couldn't a programmer/modder make a virtual joystick?

This is how it would work. The outside circle is the restriction of the joystick. It cannot leave that area at all. That way, all you do is drag and hold the little dot in whichever direction you want. If you want to move right, you hold onto the dot and move it right, and if you continue holding it right, you continue to move right. What I noticed in some GBA games (racing ones the most) is that sometimes I will be holding the right/left button in the middle of a turn, and then the car spazzes out because it doesn't know I am holding that button. A virtual joystiq would be amazing : ).
    When I first started developing in flash, I used to make little racing games like this. Adobe has an interactive sample here.

Thanks

^^^^^
    wow that is so cool! It would be so tight if they could get that on iphone

Thanks

yipeeee...a ps emulator!!!!
    make a psp one.. that way i dont hav to carry my bulky psp rnd
    Did I Help you?? Then Hit the Thanks button!
    16gb iPhone running 1.1.4
    Jailbroken and Unlocked!
    MMi ROCKS!!!!

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Bill69 View Post
    Great idea, we need to really incorporate better controls since the phone has the abilities!