+ Reply
Page 8 of 13 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: uSirius - Satellite Radio on the iPhone

is a discussion within the

iPhone News

forums, a part of the

General iPhone

section;
Originally Posted by trebormen I do have a siriuscanada.ca account currently activated that i use both on my mac and in my car.... Still i cant log into Usirius. You
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by trebormen View Post
    I do have a siriuscanada.ca account currently activated that i use both on my mac and in my car.... Still i cant log into Usirius.
    You have a Sirius subscription for Canada. This app is for US. Canada's Sirius and US's Sirius do not work with each other

iPhone? More like MyPhone prouddad.215's Avatar
    Thanks

I started with the version .59, then .60 and version .61 I was never able to download. I always got that error everyone else was getting. All the while, I would use it, and the stream would always cut out @ all different time lengths. Now that I downloaded version .62. w/ no problems by the way, I've been able to listen for long lengths of time. Today, for example, I was able to listen for 3 hours and 20 minutes with no problems @ all.
    I have a stiletto 100, sirius in my car and on my computer, and dont really have to listen on my phone while @ work, but I just wanted to test it, and now I think the major bugs have been fixed. I just hope that we will be able to make and recieve calls, and use different stuff on my iphone while usirius is on.
    Either way, a donation has already been sent. I think every single person who uses this app should donate something, even if its a couple bux. That way this app can continue to get better and better.
    ****CHECK OUT MY PHOTO ALBUM WITH MY HAYABUSA, CARS, AND WIFE***************87 mustang notch 1300+rwhp, low 8 sec. 1/4 times
    *2004 suzuki hayabusa turbo. 1397cc kit, lots of boost, and 348 rwhp. 212 mph top speed, on highway. low 8 sec. 1/4 times, and 150mph wheelies

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by sammo123 View Post
    this happened to me for a few hours so i just deleted usirius then downloaded it again. Now it seems to work just fine.
    Thanks. Tried that, but no luck. I've tried to connect from several different routers and still get stuck at "acquiring stream". It doesn't seem like this is happening to many other uSirius users, so I can't imagine what the problem is. All my other internet services are working without a problem.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by tookay View Post
    Thanks. Tried that, but no luck. I've tried to connect from several different routers and still get stuck at "acquiring stream". It doesn't seem like this is happening to many other uSirius users, so I can't imagine what the problem is. All my other internet services are working without a problem.
    Sorry, I didnt read all your problems, but are you having a problem when trying to login via wifi, or edge? I was having a problem with edge, when using the $5.99 t mobile internet plan, WHICH I HATE, so I changed to the $19.99 plan, and have had no problems logging into usirius via edge.

The only problem I am having is even though I have the sirius "PREMIUM" internet package that supposedly is better sound quality, and really is, my iphone still shows 31kbps and never changes. It doesnt matter if I'm using my edge, or wifi, it never changes. I even change to "use premium if available" under settings, and no change.
    Last edited by prouddad.215; 06-29-2008 at 06:29 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
    ****CHECK OUT MY PHOTO ALBUM WITH MY HAYABUSA, CARS, AND WIFE***************87 mustang notch 1300+rwhp, low 8 sec. 1/4 times
    *2004 suzuki hayabusa turbo. 1397cc kit, lots of boost, and 348 rwhp. 212 mph top speed, on highway. low 8 sec. 1/4 times, and 150mph wheelies

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by prouddad.215 View Post
    Sorry, I didnt read all your problems, but are you having a problem when trying to login via wifi, or edge?
    I am trying to use uSirius with WiFi.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by tookay View Post
    I am trying to use uSirius with WiFi.
    huh. I assume you have a sirius account, so just be sure you are typing the correct username and password on your iphone. Again, I didnt read all the posts, so just let me ask a couple things. Have you tried to go somewhere away from wifi access, so you can see if usirius works with EDGE on your iphone?
    Do you also have a sirius account for listening on your computer? If not, it is free as long as you have a sirius account. If you dont, I would definately get one, just in case you need an internet account to use usirius on your iphone. 2nd if you get that internet acct for your computer, for an extra $2.99 a month, you can add the premium upgrade for the computer sirius account, and that makes all the channels sound ALOT better, since its better quality. Maybe one or 2 of those things will work. Other than that, if you have any or all the above things I mentioned, i see no reason why it doesnt work on your iphone.
    Again, make sure you are putting the username and passwork correctly in your iphone. Use correct lower or upper case, because maybe the username and password are case sensitive.
    Good luck
    Last edited by prouddad.215; 06-29-2008 at 07:12 PM. Reason: added info

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

huh. I assume you have a sirius account, so just be sure you are typing the correct username and password on your iphone. Again, I didnt read all the posts, so just let me ask a couple things. Have you tried to go somewhere away from wifi access, so you can see if usirius works with EDGE on your iphone?
    Do you also have a sirius account for listening on your computer? If not, it is free as long as you have a sirius account. If you dont, I would definately get one, just in case you need an internet account to use usirius on your iphone. 2nd if you get that internet acct for your computer, for an extra $2.99 a month, you can add the premium upgrade for the computer sirius account, and that makes all the channels sound ALOT better, since its better quality. Maybe one or 2 of those things will work. Other than that, if you have any or all the above things I mentioned, i see no reason why it doesnt work on your iphone.
    Again, make sure you are putting the username and passwork correctly in your iphone. Use correct lower or upper case, because maybe the username and password are case sensitive.
    Good luck
    Yes I do have a Sirius account. I can sign on to it and listen using a web browser. I am sure the username and password are entered correctly, since it gets past the sign in step and even downloads the channel images correctly. It just doesn't connect during the "acquiring stream" step. I'm stumped since I still haven't seen any other comments from users having the same problem. I sent a note to the developer but I have not as yet received a reply.

Thanks again for your help!

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    application works great, even with EDGE, Haven't had it cut out yet.
    To use for free(3 days):
    SIRIUS Satellite Radio - Try Sirius for Free
    Then check your e-mail.
    Remeber when typing password into app, I think its case sensitive.

Thanks

Sweet the update over weekend did wonders!!!

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Poseidon79 View Post
    0.61 available but continue to get "package download failure". Anyone else having any luck upgrading?
    I am having the same problem, I can't seem to update or uninstall

Livin the iPhone Life Poseidon79's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,681 Times in 1,159 Posts

There are two packages. I ended up uninstalling the one named "uSirius for iPhone" and installing the other one "uSirius". The are both hosted on the Millard Software repo so try that. For the person having issues getting the 128K premium stream... did you sign up for the premium after you installed uSirius or before? If after then you will need to uninstall and re-install to reset the log-in settings.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Thanks

Today, I noticed if using edge to get usirius, if you are in an area that has no signal, usirius will cut out, and it then works fine again when I get a signal.
    i dont know if it works like that for everyone, but thats something to think about.

Thanks

That would make sense. If you have no signal and therefore no edge connection then the data stream won't make it to your phone.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Poseidon79 View Post
    There are two packages. I ended up uninstalling the one named "uSirius for iPhone" and installing the other one "uSirius". The are both hosted on the Millard Software repo so try that. For the person having issues getting the 128K premium stream... did you sign up for the premium after you installed uSirius or before? If after then you will need to uninstall and re-install to reset the log-in settings.

Poseidon, i tried to uninstall the usirius I had installed, and re-install it, so I can start over with my login, but every time I do so, it keeps my login username and password. I also chose the premium where available button, w/ no help.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Just installed this and it's a great app. I just realized though, on EDGE that since it's a web app, you won't get any phone calls through while you're using it, they'll all go directly to voice mail.

(Yeah, I know that's obvious, but nobody else has mentioned it yet)

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by FLWebbear View Post
    Just installed this and it's a great app. I just realized though, on EDGE that since it's a web app, you won't get any phone calls through while you're using it, they'll all go directly to voice mail.
    This is true while using a connection through EDGE, but it'll most likely allow the call through with the iPhone 3G.

Personally, whenever I'm using the uSirius app.....calls going to VM is no biggie (actually a welcome silence! ).

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

I had soo much trouble uninstalling the previous version. Now that I want the 0.62 version I keep getting package download error? Any ideas?!?

My iPhone is a Part of Me
    Thanks

its been working pretty good for me on wifi but not so good on edge....but overall great app i love it...im not sure if its been said and maybe there is a good reason why it does it but i would like to be able to scroll through the channels while still listening to one instead of it disconnecting so you can view the channel lineup
    If I Helped You Hit The Thanks Button

Green Apple
    Thanks

link doesn't work...just get text.

Thanks

Poseidon, i tried to uninstall the usirius I had installed, and re-install it, so I can start over with my login, but every time I do so, it keeps my login username and password. I also chose the premium where available button, w/ no help.
    Try clearing your caches button... then erase your user name and password and just enter in something else... try to log in and get the Unable to log in error... then put back in your real information and maybe it will "reset" it and get you up to premium.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

+ Reply
Page 8 of 13 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast