+ Reply
Page 3 of 13 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: uSirius - Satellite Radio on the iPhone

is a discussion within the

iPhone News

forums, a part of the

General iPhone

section;
This is a pretty sweet app. I am going to grab this tonight!
    Green Apple
    Thanks

This is a pretty sweet app. I am going to grab this tonight!

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

This app rocks! It works like a charm. Now I have a portable sirius receiver! Now if only they would build an fm transmitter right into the phone (haha), I'd be set!

Green Apple
    Thanks

We just need XM so i can listen to O&A away from my car...

Quote Originally Posted by kakashi360 View Post
    I must be doing something wrong because its not loading for me I keep getting page not found.??
    But that link in the installer sources, not the safari address bar. i made that mistake and went to the millardsoftware page and read about putting that long link in the sources
    Last edited by drm309; 06-24-2008 at 11:29 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Green Apple
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by dartman66 View Post
    This is awesome. Works like a champ.

Edit: I have noticed that sometimes the feed is different from the one you select. I tried the big 80's and got Howard Stern. This is still a beta so i cannot complain. It does work.
    I noticed the same thing...but other than that it's awesome. Seems to work fine over Edge also.

It would be great also if the channels were grouped into categories.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

I just insalled it with free trial
    and it works great.
    One question
    why is the sound quality only 31kbps? Shouldn't be much better quality?

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

this app is great. but every time I try to use it on edge it says there was an error logging in as shortly after selecting a station.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Sirius changed their lineup today so I hope they address that soon! For instance, Area 33 is now on 38!

Green Apple
    Thanks

When i install .60 version, i cannot access safari browser. The browser opens up but then freezes.

iPhone? More like MyPhone brianmarocco's Avatar
    Thanks

THis is great!! Still when on Edge you can not receive calls, or is there fix?

Quote Originally Posted by jeffsharmon View Post
    I got myIpod Touch for FREE all
    I had to do was go to Apple.FreebieJeebies and sign
    up.
    Complete ONE offer- I would recomend either Credit Check Total,
    Bidz.com, Denise Austin Diet or Netflix these are all FREE plus
    there are loads more offers. Your item will be
    shipped from Amazon.com or Apple.com striaght to your door.

All companies are well known so there is no risk
    involved- give it a go! I got my Ipod Touch and many
    other things this way, so don't miss out.
    I was a sceptic once but now I am SO glad I gave it a chance.
    CNN approved this system on their Newsnight programme
    a while back .
    this is great, no wait, YOU SHOULD DIE...Spammer!!
    Last edited by brianmarocco; 06-24-2008 at 03:20 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Livin the iPhone Life
    Thanks

Nice, ill have to try it when i get home
    [IMG]http://i480.photobucket.com/albums/rr164/sundayduffer/modmyimirrormind.png[/IMG]

Thanks
    yeah, the 31 kbs things is a little bothersome, but the Jam On station is awesome. If they merge w/ XM I will buy the subscription because I won't have to buy a new head unit for my car.

For those wondering, it takes a little over 5 minutes to sign up for the 3 day trial.
    -Ben

iPhone? More like MyPhone f00fighters's Avatar
    Thanks

i hope this app is available through apple APP store! I sold my iPhone a while back, and am awaiting the 3g one. I want to be able to listen to Howard Stern!

Thanks
    YES!!!!!! Howard Stern on my iPhone! Finally.

Man, the iPhone is just phasing out any and all other electronics from my life.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by boby17 View Post
    I just insalled it with free trial
    and it works great.
    One question
    why is the sound quality only 31kbps? Shouldn't be much better quality?
    I believe Sirius internet radio streams different quality of feeds, based on a few situations.

If you sign up for the free trial, Sirius does not stream the higher quality (128kbps, or what they call CD Quality) feed to you. The free trial feed, is also the lower quality feed you get if you already have a Sirius Radio that you pay monthly dues for, but not the monthly dues for an Sirius internet account.

You have to sign up for the Premium Internet service for the high quality 128kbps feed (2.99/month if you already have a current radio account, or $12.99/month if you have no radio account).

Even with this, I've noticed (and remember reading somewhere) that Sirius (and XM) send different quality feeds (whether it is an internet account, or to a standard radio account) based on the signal demand and popularity for that particular station. A voice only channel (like Comedy channel) will get a lower quality feed, as it doesn't need the full stream to sound good. Also, some of the channels don't get the number of listeners, so they use lower quality streams (like the Jazz stations I've noticed). They do this to save satellite bandwidth, but it's also the quality sent via the internet streams (just a copy of what's sent out the antenna).

So far while using the uSirius player, I've seen 31k, 48k, and 128k streams. I'm a premium subscriber, and did check the uSirius toggle for the higher quality feed.

31k is almost 'junk' IMO. So many compression artifacts that it's hard to listen to. 48k is ok, but it's still a bit noticeable. 128k is awesome. It does work on an edge connection.

I did an hours worth of straight listening on edge at the gym today, just to see the amount of data pulled, and how the battery held up. I also tested the player while driving to/from the gym. An hours worth of continuous listening at my gym (via edge) consumed 50% battery life, and about 50mb down data, and 1.5mb up data. FWIW. A few times I had to restart the uSirius player when it quit streaming. While driving, it seems that the player doesn't work as well, I guess it doesn't like switching towers. But still, not bad at all for BETA software!

If someone knows more about the feed quality, please chime in. I did a bunch of this 'stream quality' research when signing up for the standard radio account and the premium internet account in early 2007, and just regurgitating it from memory.

HTH.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

This is working for me and I AM BESIDE MYSELF!! Coolest app yet. Finally, something useful - Imagine when this is ready for 3G!!!! GREAT JOB, listening to Howard Stern!!! IN all honesty Apple has like 18 Billion in cash and should buy Sirius once the merger goes through.

Green Apple
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by msb0014 View Post
    This is working for me and I AM BESIDE MYSELF!! Coolest app yet. Finally, something useful - Imagine when this is ready for 3G!!!! GREAT JOB, listening to Howard Stern!!! IN all honesty Apple has like 18 Billion in cash and should buy Sirius once the merger goes through.
    '

This is a very good point satellite is the future of radio it would pay off big time in a decade.Plus the integration of the iphone/ipod/satellite radio.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Works great - but as someone mentioned above the channel lineup just changed.

Quote Originally Posted by f00fighters View Post
    i hope this app is available through apple APP store! I sold my iPhone a while back, and am awaiting the 3g one. I want to be able to listen to Howard Stern!
    I could not tell that from the fist! lol ohh wait yeah me too!

I looked on their web site and it looks like they are working on an XM one as well. Also if the merger goes through it may not matter!!
    Last edited by [email protected]; 06-24-2008 at 07:48 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Thanks

i will definitely consider this app once its confirmed working for canadian sirius users. i dont have sirius but may have to sign up if i can use my iphone for it since i use my iphoen in my car. maybe sirius should donate to the developer.

21. The Following User Says Thank You to [email protected] For This Useful Post:

unlockme (06-25-2008)