+ Reply
Page 13 of 13 FirstFirst ... 3111213

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: uSirius - Satellite Radio on the iPhone

is a discussion within the

iPhone News

forums, a part of the

General iPhone

section;
Hopefully they release this before they go bankrupt!!!
    What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Hopefully they release this before they go bankrupt!!!

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

looks like they aren't releasing this app? just went to starplayr.com and they have decided to not release it. Sucks.

From the website.

StarPlayr.com
    Lost in Space, StarPlayr Retires from Satellite Radio
    Written by NiceMac
    Sunday, 08 March 2009 04:01
    To all of our fans and customers:

NiceMac has decided it is in our best interests to discontinue the StarPlayr project. NiceMac will be issuing refunds for purchasers of StarPlayr for Windows Mobile on a first come first serve basis until corporate funds have been exhausted.

To request a refund simply copy and paste your StarPlayr for Windows Mobile PayPal receipt via the Contact us Email form.

We would all like to thank you for your support, kind words, understanding and patience throughout. We deeply apologize for the inconvenience.

Sincerely,
    The NiceMac Team

p.s.

This has been the greatest privilege and honor working with this fantastic NiceMac team. Never in my wildest dreams we would have accomplished so much together. In my book, you are all heroes. Good luck in your future endeavors and enjoy the success in everything you do. I hold your programming abilities and entrepreniual spirit to the highest regard. Thank you. Sincerely, goodtime

iPhoneaholic
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by jwcrash View Post
    I'll take that bet...there are currently three different Sirius apps available for download directly @ Apple.com (the most popular is here). You think that site is so small they escape Sirius's legal dept?

And both uSirius and Starplyr devs say they are working on iPhone App Store versions - I doubt they'd go to the trouble if it was clearly going to be rejected.

In the future, you may want to do the slightest bit of research before taking such an absolute position.

OP: Sirius on FW 2 is in the pipeline - all that's needed is patience! Quote from StarPlayr dev's forum:

"We do have some good competition for the Sirius iPhone player. We'll see how things shake out in the next month or two.

Sadly, you lose this one and so do the rest of us.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

So is there perhaps a working copy still floating around someone can post?

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

If youy want to listen to Howard Stern, just download Shoutcast(free) and search for howard. Howard 101 is on there and will stream perfectly over 3G or Wifi.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by ZXMustang View Post
    If youy want to listen to Howard Stern, just download Shoutcast(free) and search for howard. Howard 101 is on there and will stream perfectly over 3G or Wifi.
    You can also download Pocket Tunes on the app store and it has the ability to play Sirius. All you need is a sirius account

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by kennethpetro View Post
    You can also download Pocket Tunes on the app store and it has the ability to play Sirius. All you need is a sirius account
    Thanks for the recommendation! This app will play 32bps quality with my Sirius account. I will probably purchase.

I like how the Mac version of StarPlayr can stream at 128bps even though my Sirius account is capped at 32bps quality. I was hoping I could find a similar app for the iPhone

+ Reply
Page 13 of 13 FirstFirst ... 3111213