Closed Thread
Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Two 3G iPhones Contest and Giveaway - and FREE Apple Gift Cards!

is a discussion within the

iPhone News

forums, a part of the

General iPhone

section;
You don't have to make apps. You just have to review one...
    Owner / Founder - ModMyi
    aka poetic_folly
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,799 Times in 1,223 Posts

You don't have to make apps. You just have to review one...

↑ ↑ ↓ ↓ ← → ← → B A [select] [start] Kyle Matthews

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Question for Poetic_Folly

I noticed some apps that are listed in the database are virtually just pictures. For example, Tunewiki. I really want to review that app, but it is already listed. HOWEVER, there are about only two senteces to the review. Can I submit my own review or would it be a waste of an entry? So in other words, if ANY app has a pitiful review, we can submit another?

P.S. I'm unsure what type of writing style you like in your reviews, so can I in the same zip file send 2 or 3 versions of the same review?
    Last edited by Devts; 06-27-2008 at 06:39 AM.

Owner / Founder - ModMyi
    aka poetic_folly
    Thanks

We prefer a subjective snappy style.

If the reviews we have are lame, by all means, submit something better. And by lame I mean short, not lame.

My iPhone is a Part of Me
    Thanks

while i am here, has anyone reviewed touchpadpro yet? god i love this app. if they have let me know if it sucks, i can write 10 pages on stuff you can do with this app.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

I dont like this I'm german and I think give me that phone because you dont have UMTS YEAHHHH!

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

I want iphone 3G !!!

Green Apple
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by zausus13 View Post
    I dont like this I'm german and I think give me that phone because you dont have UMTS YEAHHHH!
    You should work on your English... I didn't get a word of what you wrote...

Quote Originally Posted by vaida.vasile View Post
    I want iphone 3G !!!
    Everyone does.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Just sent in three reviews!

However:

I am confused by the judging criteria. The contest says "The user who submits the most qualified reviews wins a 3G iPhone*." I read "most qualified" as being the "most well written" review. However, other users interpreted it as "the greatest number of accepted reviews". Later rules also sound as if only the best one will be accepted. Which one is it? I purposefully limited myself to three reviews in order to focus on quality instead of quantity. I would be very disappointed if this is not how the reviews are judged.

Green Apple
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Devts View Post
    Just sent in three reviews!

However:

I am confused by the judging criteria. The contest says "The user who submits the most qualified reviews wins a 3G iPhone*." I read "most qualified" as being the "most well written" review. However, other users interpreted it as "the greatest number of accepted reviews". Later rules also sound as if only the best one will be accepted. Which one is it? I purposefully limited myself to three reviews in order to focus on quality instead of quantity. I would be very disappointed if this is not how the reviews are judged.
    That's what I had trouble with.

Unfortunately the one who sends the most reviews wins, not the best.

Owner / Founder - ModMyi
    aka poetic_folly
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Devts View Post
    A "qualified" review is one which meets the qualifications I listed in the original post. Its fairly objective to determine who actually wrote the "best" review. For instance - some people would take that to mean the longest, but no one wants to read a 2 page review on a free application they just want to if works well or not. Concise, to the point, informative, and with a snappy, subjective style is good writing for reviews.

Quote Originally Posted by Yarko View Post
    That's what I had trouble with.

Unfortunately the one who sends the most reviews wins, not the best.
    Also, it seems no one is reading the rules - the giant bold colored stuff that says there are TWO iPhones being given away. One goes to the person who writes the most "qualified" reviews, and another is a completely random give-away to a random person who submits a review.

Again, folks, let me clarify - someone can't just submit 50 crappy reviews and win. I DID state it had to be decent writing, informative, etc. If it doesn't qualify to those standards, it will be thrown out. So sure, write some good reviews. But write a good amount.

Submissions have dropped off considerably the last few days... you guys don't want iPhones?

Green Apple
    Thanks

I think submissions have dropped because people realize that there will be some freaks that will submit 50 reviews per day... they know they have no chance, so they just hope to win the random draw

I told you to give the second iphone not randomly but to the one who sends the best reviews.... that way you could've gotten better reviews.

Maybe I'm wrong...

Owner / Founder - ModMyi
    aka poetic_folly
    Thanks

Ha, stop complaining. We're giving out two FREE iPhone's. And a few hundred bucks in gift cards. We make the rules. No one has made 50 reviews. No one has come close. And if they were making 50 reviews a day, they'd prob suck, and I wouldn't count them.

You should stop pm'ing, posting, and emailing complaints about the rules for the contest we MADE UP, and submit some more reviews. We've a had a ton of people submit reviews, but the number one people still have less than a dozen. Its anybody's game, but seems you gave up a week ago.

iPhone? More like MyPhone GHOSTYAIRO's Avatar
    Thanks

I can't believe I just saw this contest yesterday, that means i just have two days to submit reviews, wow that's a lot of work, I really want to win that iPhone.
    Congratulation MMi people this is a great contest.
    I'm not complaining at all, but it would be nice that the best review had a prize too.
    αGoD HaS THe⌃oF My LiFe aND i DoN'T WaNNa⎋*Ⓘ♡Ⓜⓨⓘⓗⓞⓝⓔ

Green Apple
    Thanks

I told you, my MIcrosoft word trial expired a week ago...

Owner / Founder - ModMyi
    aka poetic_folly
    Thanks

Word is not required - in fact the initial instructions just asked for a .txt document with the words and a couple .png/.jpg/.gif images for screenshots. Although Word is fine as well. Every computer has a text editor, and every iPhone can take screenshots and email them!

Green Apple
    Thanks

my computer has the most basic text editor existing,

to make a word bold for example, you have to go Edit --> Text --> Effect --> Bold

Imagine how hard it is to resize an image or add colors x_x

Owner / Founder - ModMyi
    aka poetic_folly
    Thanks

Got em.

The most important stuff is quality writing, and screenshots. I am going to post the to our NativeApps section, so they will be all a similar formatting - don't worry so much about colors and bold folks, worry about a good review and some screenshots!

Reviews are coming in again from tons of users, but I still think the leader only has about a dozen review submitted! Anybody can review 25 apps in the next couple days and win themselves a 3G iPhone.

Green Apple
    Thanks

Tomorrow's the big day!!!!!!

Are you guys exited?

iPhone? More like MyPhone prouddad.215's Avatar
    Thanks

****. I interpreted the rules wrong. I thought whoever you thought writes the best, most informative review wins, not whoever writes the most amount of good reviews. sucks. i spent alot of time on one well written, informative review thinking you'd pick what you though was so.
    I guess I'm ******
    ****CHECK OUT MY PHOTO ALBUM WITH MY HAYABUSA, CARS, AND WIFE***************87 mustang notch 1300+rwhp, low 8 sec. 1/4 times
    *2004 suzuki hayabusa turbo. 1397cc kit, lots of boost, and 348 rwhp. 212 mph top speed, on highway. low 8 sec. 1/4 times, and 150mph wheelies