Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: The Rumor Wagon Rolls Out the 1.1.3 Update

My iPhone is a Part of Me
    Thanks

no

Quote Originally Posted by cranie View Post
    Agreed..BUT will Apple be able to implement it with only a SW update?
    I tend to think that Apple has the ability to make our bluetooth useful, but they will never do it.

Look at that funky little dock connector on the bottom of your iPhone, iPod, etc. Its not special, its a funny shaped usb connector! BUT Apple owns the patent on it and gets royalties every time any manufacturer uses it in their products. Having the "iPod compatible" label is a big selling point for other electronic devices out there.

If Apple uncrippled its bluetooth, they would loose some of that royalty money because manufacturers would then have an alternate way to connect to the iPod! Good for Apple, sucks for us.

Post Sorry its an illusion
    Quote Originally Posted by ReVan View Post
    I believe that's already appearing on my Vista putter.

What u r seeing is exactly what it shows.. BUT you cannot copy files onto the iFone. With disk mode you will be able to copy stuff onto the iFone drive as well. The current usability is to just copy the photos u clicked on the iFone back to ur computer.

Quote Originally Posted by My_Name_Is_Neo View Post
    What u r seeing is exactly what it shows.. BUT you cannot copy files onto the iFone. With disk mode you will be able to copy stuff onto the iFone drive as well. The current usability is to just copy the photos u clicked on the iFone back to ur computer.
    Yea basically its showing the image side of the iphone you can just transfer images but cant put and store files

Well, I just updated to 1.1.2 since the new firmware was coming tomorrow.

And this might be off topic, but did Apple ditch the "Phone Services" section in the settings/phone section?

It's not there in my iphone now. I kinda liked that.

hope for an unlock in a few days for OTB 1.1.2
    Iphone Love... I dreamed of a iphone before it was out..

Green Apple
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by cranie View Post
    Agreed..BUT will Apple be able to implement it with only a SW update?
    they should be able too...the hardware is there...it is just a matter of adding the software stacks.

1.1.3 is useless except for the baseband that will be helpful to sim unlock 1.1.2 (if i understood right from what i have read).. as long as apple programers have the hackers in their mind, and they build their updated softwares accordingly, we will keep on getting updates with very minor changes, that we sometimes dont realize unless someone mentions it. so apple programers will scratch their heads day and night just to find a way to brick non AT&T iphones, and not think twice about video recording, zoom, a character counter for sms, etc...etc.... lets take an easier shortcut, we already have SMSD and MMS and they can at least learn from, or rip off these programs.. but in my opinion, the upgrades are not meant to make iphone users happier, but on the contrary...
    im selling my iphone.. and getting NOKIA E90... not sure yet!

1.1.3 is useless except for the baseband that will be helpful to sim unlock 1.1.2 (if i understood right from what i have read).. as long as apple programers have the hackers in their mind, and they build their updated softwares accordingly, we will keep on getting updates with very minor changes, that we sometimes dont realize unless someone mentions it. so apple programers will scratch their heads day and night just to find a way to brick non AT&T iphones, and not think twice about video recording, zoom, a character counter for sms, etc...etc.... lets take an easier shortcut, we already have SMSD and MMS and they can at least learn from, or rip off these programs.. but in my opinion, the upgrades are not meant to make iphone users happier, but on the contrary...
    im selling my iphone.. and getting NOKIA E90... not sure yet!
    i hope they (iPhone developers) read this threads. they'd better think about their customers to make them more happy with all features every >$200 phones have. need a list? y do we have to mod our iPhones? we just need this f*** features... if not - iphone for sell - i'd better buy sony or nokia where it comes with tons of features loaded &free ringtones
    ... about bricking - mr jobs, do u really think its good? we paid a lot of greenies... no words...

with diskmode wont we be able to just drag and drop the installer app and are applications assuming they allow both partitions to run under diskmode

they should so they can show that they know they were wrong in the first place and allow us to install 3rd party apps more easily.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by mofolo View Post
    Basically (when 1.1.3 comes out) you check "Use as Disk" in Itunes.

And when you click "My Computer" in the window you will have an Extra Drive called "Apple Iphone"

Then you can drag and drop any file you like onto the iphone and use the iphone as a storage disk.
    Pretty Handy =)
    OK, call my crazy, but ummm...I already have this, running 1.1.1, and connecting the iPhone to my Vista Ultimate laptop. It opens up and I can copy/paste files in there. Just today I droped an ISO of a CD on the iPhone @ work, brought it home, and copied to my desktop.

Quote Originally Posted by ReVan View Post
    I believe that's already appearing on my Vista putter.

Yep, that's what I get too.

Quote Originally Posted by My_Name_Is_Neo View Post
    Ummmm....nope. I copy files TO the iPhone as well as FROM the iPhone. I copied some pics to it to use for the contacts, as well as the aforementioned ISO disc file to transport it.

Regarding the other "updates"...eh. Nothing to get excited about. The Dev Team has already said (as has GeoHots) that they need a newer baseband, since the 1.1.2 baseband does an integrity check and won't let you downgrade to a previous version, or replace it. Ergo, they need a newer one - hence waiting on 1.1.3.

The only "features" I want: Voice Dialing over Bluetooth, and copy & paste. That's it.

Thanks

Well since everyone is saying what they want...
    I want a iPhone with 80GB of Storage 3G, flash, zoom, video capture, mini imovie, upload to youtube, copy paste, ichat, mms, free unlocking, open to all 3rd party apps and whatever else i can think of.
    I'll check back in 5 years and see how its going.

13. The Following User Says Thank You to DoerrFan For This Useful Post:

aaauustiinnn (12-08-2007)

iPhoneaholic
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by HotStuff2 View Post
    OK, call my crazy, but ummm...I already have this, running 1.1.1, and connecting the iPhone to my Vista Ultimate laptop. It opens up and I can copy/paste files in there. Just today I droped an ISO of a CD on the iPhone @ work, brought it home, and copied to my desktop.

Yep, that's what I get too.

Ummmm....nope. I copy files TO the iPhone as well as FROM the iPhone. I copied some pics to it to use for the contacts, as well as the aforementioned ISO disc file to transport it.

no wrong, i can't with my 1.1.2 unjailbroken. maybe with a jail broken phone that already has read/write access you can.

ok, why do peeps complain so much about the iPhone? I like 1.1.1, isnt there a way to copy the bootloader from a 111 otb and apply it to the 112 otb?(Not a high level programmer , nor a systems hacker, so dunno if possible)... Me, Im happy that we have soo many awsome developers out there contributing soo much to the iPhone community. The ammount of apps available for free on a jailbroken iPhone superseeds that of any other phones ive used @ the current apple.com price. Try finding free apps for RIM OS.LOL.

Ive donated , will donate again,... It's worth it!

ps. Thinking maybe CNET france took the rumor fromm this site???? that would be funny wouldnt it hehe.

well yeah... horrayyyy for the modders and developers outside the apple "kingdom" and its good that some put a link for donations.. i am convinced that there are lots of good people around the world to donate some money.. but that is not enough. just compare it on a ratio level and see what apple is gaining and what these guys are getting... its less than a fraction, and in my opinion its the 3rd party apps that draw a smile on our face while using the iphone, but why is it that they dont get loads of money? do they hate money? i doubt it. but these guys dont think like Jobs is thinking right now... checking his bank account 5 times a day... im starting to lose my train of thought so ill be back later B*tching about the iPhone that i love....

omg please can we have an unlock for 1.1.2 OTB before 1.1.3 pls pretty pls. There Im begging now....Happy
    [/SIGPIC]

Quote Originally Posted by mofolo View Post
    Basically (when 1.1.3 comes out) you check "Use as Disk" in Itunes.

And when you click "My Computer" in the window you will have an Extra Drive called "Apple Iphone"

Then you can drag and drop any file you like onto the iphone and use the iphone as a storage disk.
    Pretty Handy =)
    Does this mean we won't need to SSH into it, but could just put it on the Dock and transfer the system files?

Quote Originally Posted by Kruejl View Post
    Good news, hopefully copy/paste is just around the corner.
    You are cruel.

--
    Mike

Quote Originally Posted by IvanB View Post
    Does this mean we won't need to SSH into it, but could just put it on the Dock and transfer the system files?
    no no,
    this will only give u limited access to the iphone.

It will not give you access to the "Applications", "root","var" etc...folders.

it will just show apple iphone, and when you click it you'll have files

Now we play the 1.1.3 waiting game.
    myRepoSpace.com - Easily create your own Cydia Repo.

Thanks

I've got a question.

Say this 1.1.3 is easier to crack and unlock that 1.1.2. I have a 1.1.2 phone that has been jailbroken. If I upgraded to 1.1.3 and then tried to unlock it, would it brick it? Or what? Thanks.

Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast