Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: SMSD - forward SMS and send to multiple recipients

hey is anyone else having the problem were its not displaying the contacts name and its just displaying the phone number. In the last version it was working until I updated to 0.6. Ive tried uninstalling it and reinstalling it, but it doesnt work. It still is a good app though. If anyone has any ideas why its no longer displaying contacts name please lets me know.

Thanks

Jordan
    1.1.1 jailbroken

Green Apple
    Thanks
    yes thats right...the message was from me. don't be jealous. not everyone can be a star

*puts on ridiculously huge oversized dolce and gabbana glasses and sips johnny walkers gold label*

I finally got smsd I installed modmyi installer app and then I found the smsd under utilities.

Thanks for being patient with me.

iPhone? More like MyPhone maXimus's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by jrdan24 View Post
    hey is anyone else having the problem were its not displaying the contacts name and its just displaying the phone number. In the last version it was working until I updated to 0.6. Ive tried uninstalling it and reinstalling it, but it doesnt work. It still is a good app though. If anyone has any ideas why its no longer displaying contacts name please lets me know.

Thanks

Jordan
    1.1.1 jailbroken
    I am. In the Inbox, I have some names that only appear as telephone numbers in the outbox.

i tried using this program and it doesnt work. i keep getting an error "could not sent to Person". i tired reinstalling and it doesnt work! anyone else having this problem?

found it. Thanks

Default smsd
    hey

i have a question
    so what are the new features of smsd than the normal apple sms has??

i just noticed that it has a inbox and a send box and that you can send a message to many people in one sms thats great but whatelse does it have??
    Last edited by mrhcg; 12-08-2007 at 03:22 PM.

Owner / Founder - ModMyi
    aka poetic_folly
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,808 Times in 1,228 Posts

The fact that it can forward SMS and write to multiple recipients.

↑ ↑ ↓ ↓ ← → ← → B A [select] [start] Kyle Matthews

ok thxx
    and one more question it keeps saying couldnt send....
    what do i have to do to send it!!???

I am wondering if anybody else is having the same problem...
    I did an update for smsd version 0.07 with the progressbar....now I can't fwd my text to anybody.... with the old version (version 0.07 without the progress) I can send fwd my text to anybody...Does anybody have a copy of the version 0.07 without the progressbar before the update
    thanks Kevin

i figure out my problem...it was the number...smsd will only forward to (area code) num-bers...not 1(area Code) num-bers...
    if that make since to anybody...
    Last edited by kandl2004; 12-08-2007 at 05:08 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

you should change your numbers...

like putting the country code and area code followed by the number...

12. The Following User Says Thank You to smokepsp32 For This Useful Post:

mrhcg (12-09-2007)

ok thx

it works!!!!
    Last edited by mrhcg; 12-10-2007 at 03:21 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

ok i found out why u get numbers and not names. All you have to do is change your contact numbers , like this, i was adding a "1" first then the numbers exp..1(123)456-7890.. just take the "1" off and it should show the names in your contacts, worked for me...

I installed Sms'd and it doesnt work properly.

The program starts up with a blank screen. I see nothing. I try to press home button and nothing happens. Still see the blank screen for 5-7 seconds. Then the software shuts down and bring me back to the springboard.

I tried removing the program also and re-install nothing happens.

I also did a restore to my iphone. iam using 1.1 version.

Some help anyone?

Owner / Founder - ModMyi
    aka poetic_folly
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,808 Times in 1,228 Posts

Did you install it via Installer? Sounds like you didn't have the permissions set correctly.

↑ ↑ ↓ ↓ ← → ← → B A [select] [start] Kyle Matthews

Quote Originally Posted by xplod4202 View Post
    how hard it is to write in those features in to the apples sms? i hate using 2 apps for one purpose
    Any news on this?

Same with the MMS app, it kinda sucks having the SMS and MMS icons on the springboard right next to eachother instead of having them in the same app.

For those seeing a forwarding bug...

It looks like this forwarding bug is caused by having the "keyboard clicks" set to OFF in the Sounds settings of the iphone. When ever this is set to off certain contacts will not be able to be forward a message(I've yet to figure out why only certain contacts..), when the keyboard clicks is set to "ON" then the forwards will work. Can someone else verify this, who is having the problem..(I'm running the .08 version)

Gusto

clicks on still can't forward.....also running .08 version

My Bad when i turned the click off and then powered it off and on it worked.....Thanks

My Bad when i turned the click off and then powered it off and on it worked.....Thanks
    Last edited by wildturkey; 12-11-2007 at 04:49 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Quote Originally Posted by gustovier View Post
    For those seeing a forwarding bug...

It looks like this forwarding bug is caused by having the "keyboard clicks" set to OFF in the Sounds settings of the iphone. When ever this is set to off certain contacts will not be able to be forward a message(I've yet to figure out why only certain contacts..), when the keyboard clicks is set to "ON" then the forwards will work. Can someone else verify this, who is having the problem..(I'm running the .08 version)

Gusto
    it worked but like the previous poster said, you have to turn your phone off and on afterwards....very weird

Today it doesn't work again i don't understand

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast