+ Reply
Page 6 of 14 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: MMS on the iPhone

is a discussion within the

iPhone News

forums, a part of the

General iPhone

section;
you have to call ,and enable pay as you go picture messenging!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Originally Posted by mario8267 Ok... I am getting very frustrated... I have used the correct settings for ATT
    Moderator / DRP Dev Team jedinight's Avatar
    Thanks

you have to call ,and enable pay as you go picture messenging!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by mario8267 View Post
    Ok... I am getting very frustrated... I have used the correct settings for ATT and even called customer service to ensure I had MMS enabled..they said yes because its part of the multimedia package included with the iphone... so...does anybody know why it still wont send mms pic? I get confirmation from the program but none of my friends receive the pics no matter what service they have?????? any help?
    Last edited by jedinight; 12-07-2007 at 01:48 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

iPhone? More like MyPhone AzBirdgangMC's Avatar
    Thanks

That doesn't make any sense and it didn't make sense to the customer service rep?? If u have the iPhone unlimited day/picture msging/email/txt MSG.... U don't have to. All my settings are correct. Do the edge settings have to be changed? Using 1.1.2 locked AT&T?? Cuz I can't change mine don't have that option.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

That doesn't make any sense and it didn't make sense to the customer service rep?? If u have the iPhone unlimited day/picture msging/email/txt MSG.... U don't have to. All my settings are correct. Do the edge settings have to be changed? Using 1.1.2 locked AT&T?? Cuz I can't change mine don't have that option.
    it doesnt make any sense but i dont think u can. from what i can tell u have the unlimited but since the iphone cant do mms they disable it some way which prevents this app from working. i have the same plan and i took out my sim and put it in a phone which i know does mms and it gave me a error every time so im pretty sure they disable it for mms unless u happen to be on a family plan or somthing and they end up putting your unlimited in a different category where it is not disabled. my friend is on a family plan and and he is able to send the mms from his iphone.

Green Apple
    Thanks

ok in Ireland and confirmed working from Iphone on o2 to Vodafone Nokia, took a little while but got there and took about 3 mins to send my first MMS test. very handy great work, well done lads
    <a href=http://www.brooksphotography.tv target=_blank>http://www.brooksphotography.tv</a>

Moderator / DRP Dev Team jedinight's Avatar
    Thanks

now iam not going to sit here and explain att services to you,,but the media bundles for the iphone are only for data and sms thats it....tell att that doesnt make sense..do you think iam blowing smoke..i had todo it my self,.you have to add pay as you go or it will not work with att.

!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Last edited by jedinight; 12-07-2007 at 04:57 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

My iPhone is a Part of Me
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by mphanord View Post
    Can someone please tell me where I change the EDGE settings. I looked under network but nothing is there for me to enter MMS. Please help.
    I'm not sure what you're talking about. All you have to do is turn wifi off and add the mms settings for your provider under the settings section within the mms app.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Kariya9mdoa View Post
    i am with Optus in Australia and i sent one last night and my girlfriend received it within seconds just make sure your settings are correct. This is an awesome app finally mms on the iphone.
    Nice work on getting it going!
    I'm with Telstra in Aus (-: and so far have only had the "Failed to connect"
    Can you tell me where you found the additional Proxy info?
    I am referring to: http://www.activexperts.com/mmstoolkit/mmsclist/
    However it is missing the crucial digits off the end of the proxy/wap gateway list!
    I noticed you have :8080 added to the end of your proxy setting.
    I cant find an equivalent for Telstra!

Thanks for your posts.

Update:
    It seems to be working on Telstra is Australia now too!... Phew!

Settings I used:

Settings/General/Network/EDGE APN: telstra.mms (Username & Password Blank)
    Settings/Wi-Fi/ OFF

In MMS App/Settings/MMSC: mmsc.telstra.com:8002
    Proxy: 10.1.1.180:80

Update:
    The picture didn't arrive! It said "sent" from my phone and added the message to the list on the MMS opening page. However my GF confirmed that nothing came through. Grr.

Thanks guys! This app should be handy!

Running unlocked 1.1.2 on Telstra Australia.
    Last edited by freeproductions; 12-08-2007 at 12:09 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Very Nice =D

iPhone? More like MyPhone alpawa's Avatar
    Thanks

I can't wait for this app to be debugged. I hope this works on my carrier (outside the US) Theese guys have done an excelent job so far, I'm sure they'll do one this time. Kuddos!

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    T-Mobile ???? Anybody???? I would love this feature to work with my service provider!

iPhone? More like MyPhone AzBirdgangMC's Avatar
    Thanks

Ok I just got off the phone with apple for like the fifth time and there isn't a customer service rep that knows anything about pay as u go mms. I have the unlimited data which includes everything as I have stated b4. The reps also state if u have the unlimited pckge there is no way to just enable or disable mms cuz its all integrated. So that being said... With having the correct AT&T settings and the program telling me that a pic has been sent... Why isn't anyone receiving my pics?? Some1 plz help cuz this is a great program.

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

Me and my wife are on a family plan on AT&T and we have unlimted messaging as well. I have the locked Iphone on 1.0.2 and she uses a Nokia N75.

I installed via installer and used these settings:

MMSC: mmsc.cingular.com
    proxy: 066.209.011.032

And sent her a text with a pic I took using my Iphoneand she got it within 15 seconds.

Great app!

I didn't have to call AT&T to change anything on our plan either.

Thanks

Not working here I have T Mobile USA. I input the MMSC and PROXY information that are listed and I can't get it to work.
    OG iPhone, iPhone 3G, iPhone 4 and hopefully iPhone 2012 =)

Green Apple
    Thanks

[irrelevant]
    Last edited by tonycortes; 06-09-2010 at 01:30 AM.

Thanks

im att and sent more then 50 mms to different people and none worked but it tells me it sent...

Green Apple
    Thanks
    Me and my wife both have Iphones. I have an Iphone plan but she is part of a family plan. We put the MMS app on both phones and we each sent MMS to my daughter on tmobile, but she only receives the one's from my wife. There's something about the family plans that's different than the Iphone plans. I contacted ATT and they said the computer system disables the MMS ability on Iphone plans.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    Default Top App...
    FANTASTIC. Well done. working 100% looking forward to this app's development. Thats got to sting apple a little.....

Green Apple
    Thanks

To confirm - iPhone users still cannot receive them if sent from an iPhone - correct? Only iPhone can send to other phones. Yes?

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

would a tmobile rep know anything about those settings since all their phones have it built in and nobody has to mess with it?

...i'd just call, but I dont want to sit on hold if they dont have any clue what i'm talking about...

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by gravytrain View Post
    Me and my wife both have Iphones. I have an Iphone plan but she is part of a family plan. We put the MMS app on both phones and we each sent MMS to my daughter on tmobile, but she only receives the one's from my wife. There's something about the family plans that's different than the Iphone plans. I contacted ATT and they said the computer system disables the MMS ability on Iphone plans.
    What computer system? On their end?

+ Reply
Page 6 of 14 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast