Page 4 of 14 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: MMS on the iPhone

iPhoneaholic
    Thanks

holy crap this is awesome. now if someone would come up with a 1 touch, downgradeless jailbreak method. this woudl be awesome

Sweet, i'll try tonight!

hi could you please post the correct settings for orange also lay it out in the correct format

APN :
    USERNAME:
    PASSWORD:

MMSC:
    PROXY:

Much appreciated i have tried many configurations all to no avail but not 100% sure if there correct cheers

so does anyone know if sending mms works over edge or u gotta purchase mms from at&t?

Works in Brazil!

1.1.1 OTB - 1.1.2 Upgraded - AnySIM Unlocked
    Operator: Claro
    MMSC: mms.claro.com.br
    Proxy: 200.169.126.010:8799
    Edge: mms.claro.com.br
    User: claro
    Pass: claro
    WiFi: Off

Great job!
    Thank you!
    Last edited by MaskHere; 12-06-2007 at 06:01 PM.

what are some settings for T-Mobile US?

Once again, it is my belief you can not add MMS to your account if you are using a "locked" iPhone with ATT. MMS is not included with the iPhone data plan. You can not add pay per use MMS to an iPhone plan. If you notice you can no longer change features online at att.com if you are using a locked iPhone on your account.

On the other hand, if you have an unlocked iPhone and are using it on ATT network, more than likely you would be using some sort of unlimited medianet plan which would include the MMS and set up on your account on the network side with MMS.

It would be intresting to see if anyone has got the MMS app to work on ATT network to let us know the following:
    A: If your iPhone is locked or not?
    B: What data plan you are using

yup. My MMS is working perfectly. Im also on the new ATT wireless network. Im using the original firmware, jailbroken. The plan im using is the Media Net plan, the 19.99 one.
    IpodLover77 @ Hofo

Well I thought it was working for me but my friend on tmobile is telling me he keeps receiving pix of butterflies LOL. I don't even have pix of butterflies! Very odd.

Quote Originally Posted by akelley View Post
    Well I thought it was working for me but my friend on tmobile is telling me he keeps receiving pix of butterflies LOL. I don't even have pix of butterflies! Very odd.

Rofl. That's hilarious.

Anyone from at&t wanna share your info on the settings page?

has anyone been able to receive MMS messages? I thought that part was supposed to work, but it just doesn't work very well..... yet

Quote Originally Posted by burdell1 View Post
    has anyone been able to receive MMS messages? I thought that part was supposed to work, but it just doesn't work very well..... yet
    That part doesn't work. Like stated in the original post.

Lightbulb Some answers!
    To answer a few questions here:

The AT&T settings are:

MMSC: mmsc.cingular.com
    proxy: 066.209.011.032

turn wifi OFF!!!

I have a 1.1.1 vers. and jailbreaked and still locked. i have a data plan of $30 with 1500 text. I sent 2 MMS to my gf. ( she is on T-Mobil) and she got it very fast.

The picture that worked for me was only the one that I took with my iPhone camera.

You can't receive MMS on the iPhone for now. Its something that the creators of this app are working on!

I hope this helps

Later,
    RaMod
    RaMod!
    If I helped you out, please press ... thanks!

=The iPhone?!...wait!...what happened!?=

14. The Following User Says Thank You to RaMod For This Useful Post:

meagain (12-06-2007)

RaMod - thanks.

Well, my pics are just a blob/run-in with each other. The only pic on my phone that I took with the phone doesn't show up. I'll wait this out.

I used these settings and it worked. Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by stopthat75 View Post
    these are the settings for ATT customers

turn wifi OFF

I used these settings too.
    I had to call customer service and ask to have MMS turned on for my account and when the rep asked why, because I had an iPhone, I told her that I swap my SIM between my iPhone and another phone that has MMS. She said ok and activated it. Pay per use at $0.25 a pop.
    I sent a test message to a verizon phone and it worked perfect. Then I sent a test to a t-mobile phone and they only received a butterfly picture as stated earlier in this post.
    AT&T iphone 1.1.2 locked
    Hope this helps.
    Last edited by rconnetta; 12-06-2007 at 07:24 PM.

Anyone got this to work with Tmobile in US yet?

Didnt work for me... seems like most everybody is getting the same error message

it send it for me, but i haven't heard from my friend if she got it or not. I won't be calling ATT asking to turn on MMS not until we can get them with that app.

technically anyone who has the unlimted msg plan with att shouldnt have to ask pay per msg text msging being that the messeging being that att site states the following:

Messaging Unlimited
    UNLIMITED Text, Video, Picture, and Instant Messages. GET IT ALL at a discounted monthly rate. You have the freedom to message any way to any one.

View Details
    You need a compatible plan and phone to get this service.
    See compatible: Phones and Plans

Apple: iPhone

guess u just need a good customer service person who can enable it if its possible and u shouldnt be charged a 25 cent per msg because the website states u should already have it

Page 4 of 14 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast