+ Reply
Page 14 of 14 FirstFirst ... 4121314

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: MMS on the iPhone

is a discussion within the

iPhone News

forums, a part of the

General iPhone

section;
Hahaha! Thanks, Duhhh Ok, I feel stupid! hehehe I was thinking for some reason, if I would do that, that it would erase my pictures?? LOL Thanks again! Muuaahh!!
    Thanks

Hahaha! Thanks, Duhhh Ok, I feel stupid! hehehe

I was thinking for some reason, if I would do that, that it would erase my pictures?? LOL Thanks again! Muuaahh!!
    Stay Sexy, Sweet, and Wonderful!

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

i can receive MMS now, but now I have like 3 icons on my phone; finder, swirly's mms and preview. it's a bit too much for the MMS, but i'm happy to see pics that are sent to me. i can also send, but the recipient incidated the imaged is too small to even identify.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by dp32185 View Post
    i can receive MMS now, but now I have like 3 icons on my phone; finder, swirly's mms and preview. it's a bit too much for the MMS, but i'm happy to see pics that are sent to me...
    Might be a good time to check the latest (yesterday) post on the SwirlySpace blog http://iloblog.swirlyspace.com/blog?Home&post=15 which details features to look forward to in an upcoming v1.0 release.

My iPhone is a Part of Me Jay316's Avatar
    Thanks

Why exactly would Apple leave MMS off the iPhone, its a basic function. I suppose they are used to "forgetting" stuff, take the Macbook Air, no ethernet port? the whole world isn't wireless...duh.

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

It's not supposed to have an ethernet port, that's why they call it the MacBook Air... doh. It's not for everyone.

Nic
    Thanks

Ok, so I am on 1.1.4 unlocked blah blah.. AT&T. My settings are:

mmsc.cingular.com

I have tried with a port, and without, also filled in all the APN settings, and took them off. The M in the corner is GREEN. I have a family plan, and the unltd family texting, sms, all that stuff. So.. it says that i need to "Fetch" 1 mms. So when I click on FETCH, it says: Unexepected http response Could not fetch any MMS Check your settings!

That's it. Any thoughts/ideas? Thanks..

Edit: i have the 0.3.8 version of swirlyMMS
    Last edited by Nic; 05-23-2008 at 01:42 PM.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

this is not easy... I am on cellular one network, and have tried almost EVERYTHING and swirly is still not working. I used the settings on the site. Anyone on Cellone had any success?

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Default For at&t subscribers
    Ok the only way to have MMS for sure to work on your iPhone using the at&t network is to not have the iPhone's imei registered in their system...

ways to fix this...
    upgrade your phone to a new phone but still leave the chip in the iPhone...

or

Call with a different phone's imei and ask them to update it to that imei...

or

with an unactivated iPhone, activate with one of the Jailbreak programs then put your chip in...

settings on swirlymms...

mmsc.cingular.com

Tested and Approved... mine's didn't work till I had the sony ericson w580i on my account... when I put the chip in the iPhone swirlymms just started to work. E-mail for more questions [email protected]

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

it keeps saying could not resize image when i hit send. any ideas?

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Angry mms good luck with att
    Oh my god, this is just swirly all over again!! If you have Att you're screwed! Sure you can call att and find an operator that will add the 25cent per feature. and if your lucky it will work for a few days, then their computer system does its routine sweep and sees that you have mms added to ur account(which is not supposed to be there) and it will kick that feature off. Then you have to call back and have them re-add the feature, over and over , I eventually quit. Good luck peeps!!!!

jailbroken since july 2007
    1.1.4 8g

iPhoneaholic
    Thanks

totally ridiculous that MMS STILL will not be a native feature of the new iPhone.. I dont get it.. makes NO sense at all to me. What is the logic there?

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by bschucher View Post
    totally ridiculous that MMS STILL will not be a native feature of the new iPhone.. I dont get it.. makes NO sense at all to me. What is the logic there?
    How do you know its not on the new phone? Might just not have been mentioned? Am I missing something?
    wwjd

iPhoneaholic
    Thanks

Your not missing anything.. I think they would have mentioned it.. They mentioned all the other new options..

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

So when will this app include the option to view incoming MMS's without using mobilefinder? Also, tried sending an MMS to myself and I received it... found it in mobilefinder but cant open it.. what good is that?

Also it would be nice to be able to send these MMS's over Wifi.... although I dont know how hard that would be.
    Last edited by enkrypt3d; 06-16-2008 at 06:53 PM.

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

change ur imei with ziphone to get working mms on att.....use a gophone imei or create one via ur original imei.

iPhone? More like MyPhone ErikSocal's Avatar
    Thanks

CINGULAR USA settings do not work...or atleast in CA i have WAP push enabled on my phone and nothing cant send anything no matter what i change settings wise...

anyone getting the same thing?

My iPhone is a Part of Me
    Thanks

This crap is stupid!! I want to receive and send pictures!!

Green Apple
    Thanks

Do you guys (last 2 that posted) really not know about SwirlyMMS? If not, use that instead. Also this is a very very old thread.

iPhone? More like MyPhone ErikSocal's Avatar
    Thanks

I am using Swirly MMS and doesnt work either...i have WAP enabled and everything no matter what i do it doesnt work... yes its an old post but relevant to what i was talking about so didnt want to start a new one...

according to Apple they say the reason the iphone doesnt do MMS is that the developers said if you have an iphone you have a computer there for you do not need MMS you can get emails... that is just plain ignorant to your audience if you ask me...

20. The Following User Says Thank You to ErikSocal For This Useful Post:

1hihum (03-03-2009)

+ Reply
Page 14 of 14 FirstFirst ... 4121314