Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Hedgewars - Coming soon to iPhone/iTouch

My iPhone is a Part of Me Jay316's Avatar
    Thanks

I wonder if Team 17 knows they should be sueing someone?
    16GB iPhone 4
    160GB Black iPod Classic

Sold
    16GB iPhone 3GS
    60GB iPod Classic
    80GB iPod Classic

Broke
    120GB iPod Classic
    16GB iPhone

what a cool thing!
    You can dream, still it will not get you closer.. You can't get something for anything.

iPhone Accesories

Quote Originally Posted by Jay316 View Post
    Yeah I was wondering the same thing. I absolutely love worms and play it all the time still. I saw this and instantly thought lawsuit, especially after they said they are wanting to sell it on the appstore. Someone's gotta have permission, or some large cajones to even attempt selling such a blatent copy. However I am incredibly stoked to play.

that is AWESOME! i love and miss the worms games! if this is free, i'll definitely be downloading... and if it costs something, i'll definitely be downloading.

Quote Originally Posted by Jay316 View Post
    haha, yeah.... i was thinking the same thing. they're even using many of the same graphics.
    Last edited by billchase2; 06-18-2008 at 09:39 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
    21.5" iMac 3.06 GHz Intel Core i3 l 15" MacBook Pro 2.2 GHz Intel Core i7 l 17" PowerBook 1.67 GHz
    iPhone 4 32 GB l  TV 160 GB l 32 GB iPad

Quote Originally Posted by im-foney View Post
    isn't this another copy of the game Gunbound?
    no this is not another copy of gunbound. this is like worms. this was made way before gunbound

The song is called "little elephant walking"

Looks nice

Quote Originally Posted by billchase2 View Post

haha, yeah.... i was thinking the same thing. they're even using many of the same graphics.
    All graphics in hedgewars are completely original and drawn by me, the style is very similar to the worms style, that's because that's the style we were originally going for, however all the graphics are original works. I'm not a 2d artist (3d is my thing) but I wanted to do this as a learning process and so I stuck quite closely to the worms "cartoon" style. I do however take it as a huge compliment that you seem to have confused some of the graphics for original worms graphics ;P

Also, with regards to the app store, I'll be speaking to some team 17 people regarding that, but as far as a free homebrew release goes, they have no issue with it, infact I was play testing Hedgewars quite recently with one of the people working on worms armageddon

I suppose you have to remember that worms is basically a take on even older games, scorched earth and so forth, so I'm not sure we're really infringing on their IP. But either way I will talk about it. I'd hate to step on toes.

So the app store release may or may not go ahead, based on what I can work out, but a homebrew release is no problem, and team 17 know about the game, hell some time ago I posted info about it on the team 17 forum and asked for criticisms/advice

Again I'm glad you guys are looking forwards to this, if you have any suggestions for the control scheme, anything you'd like to suggest in general, any criticisms or concerns, do voice them!

Quote Originally Posted by Hellbuster View Post
    The song is called "little elephant walking"

Looks nice
    Close, it's baby elephant walk

wow, no kidding? haha, nice job man! if you need any beta testers, i just so happen to have an inbox you can PM... ;-)
    21.5" iMac 3.06 GHz Intel Core i3 l 15" MacBook Pro 2.2 GHz Intel Core i7 l 17" PowerBook 1.67 GHz
    iPhone 4 32 GB l  TV 160 GB l 32 GB iPad

It looked really slow and boring to me, maybe I'm missing the point but it didn't look like much fun. I thought the graphics were great and will still probably give it a try, but we'll see.
    -Ben

Default wormux
    Wormux anyone, headgewars is a clone that to me looks very poorly made, compared to wormux which is opensource runs on macs linux and pcs themeable and contains about 24maps preloaded

I guess this looks much more fun to us "older" folk here.
    I grew up playing Scorched Earth and generaly C64 and Attari console games.
    Loved Worms and "Directors Cut" from day one back in 95, 96 on Amiga and have loved it ever since.

Having a worms "style" game on my iPhone is something I can't even think about complaining about.

it's sad that people want and need 3d and high end special effects just to consider a game noteworthy.

12. The Following User Says Thank You to Emir S. For This Useful Post:

Tiyuri (06-19-2008)

Quote Originally Posted by budm View Post
    Wormux anyone, headgewars is a clone that to me looks very poorly made, compared to wormux which is opensource runs on macs linux and pcs themeable and contains about 24maps preloaded
    Hedgewars runs on linux, pcs, and soon the iphone, it's open source (someone can do a mac port if they like?), it's themeable, contains less prebuilt maps but it also contains random generated maps, something wormux does not.

Apart from that, I suggest you actually download both and play them side by side, the gameplay is vastly different, and it baffles me that you can call hedgewars a "poorly made clone" in comparison to wormux.

Wormux is a great project, but right now it has a huge plethora of gameplay issues - that for me, make the game literally unplayable.

Whilst hedgewars still contains some bugs in its frontend (its a beta after all) the actual engine/gameplay are very very well polished, and I commend our coders for that.
    Last edited by Tiyuri; 06-19-2008 at 10:16 AM.

Livin the iPhone Life
    Thanks

@auburnguy32 - you are right it is a slow game..well kinda, its a turn based game so everyone takes turns.

@budm - instead of being negative, why dont you try and code a game, the OP said he was a 3D artist not 2D.

It amazes me how everyone wants to add their negative feedback. I would suggest the next time you want to bash it, try making one yourself. Or offer constructive criticism, or even help.
    [IMG]http://i480.photobucket.com/albums/rr164/sundayduffer/modmyimirrormind.png[/IMG]

15. The Following User Says Thank You to .:MirrorminD:. For This Useful Post:

Tiyuri (06-19-2008)

Check this out guys, much more indicative of the gameplay!

Last edited by Tiyuri; 06-19-2008 at 07:45 PM.

oh man I freakin LOVED WORMS!!!!!!!!!!!!

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

Awesome

Quote Originally Posted by Tiyuri View Post
    Check this out guys, much more indicative of the gameplay!

Thats the same video from the first page...?

Anyway game looks great, although from what I saw it seems to be just a copy of worms.
    Last edited by Kaloyan; 06-23-2008 at 02:36 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

the game looks fun...stop hating

Any idea when this game is coming out? I'd gladly pay upto $20 for it if it shows up on the app store!

This game looks awesome

Being that its.... incredibly similar to worms. Is there an issue about copyright since you are basically cloning the game with different animals instead of worms?

hope it gets through the works though

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast