+ Reply
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: firmware 2.0 on June 27th, no OTA music downloads, AT&T to fine non-activators...

is a discussion within the

iPhone News

forums, a part of the

General iPhone

section;
Looks like we could get 2.0 as early as June 27 same day the app store is looking to open. And according to a report from Reuters, the company will
    Livin the iPhone Life
    Thanks

Default firmware 2.0 on June 27th, no OTA music downloads, AT&T to fine non-activators...
    Looks like we could get 2.0 as early as June 27 same day the app store is looking to open. And according to a report from Reuters, the company will penalize customers who buy a phone but don't activate within 30 days, which falls in line with their aggressive new push to lock users into a contract

Here are some sources for y'ah:
    Apple - iPod touch - Features

iPhone to cut into AT&T earnings until 2010 | Markets | Markets News | Reuters
    [IMG]http://i480.photobucket.com/albums/rr164/sundayduffer/modmyimirrormind.png[/IMG]

iPhone? More like MyPhone bomiz96's Avatar
    Thanks

Lol I thought 2.0 was comming out June 9th and the iPhone comes out July 11.
    Now its june 27th for 2.0/

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

First! Does that give me a glass of winsauce?
    But seriously, parodies of overly competitive 12 year olds aside, this is good news, as I am dying to play Super Monkey Ball on the iPhone.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,718 Times in 1,171 Posts

thestrangestick=fail haha

Awesome news, I can't wait to upgrade

My iPhone is a Part of Me
    Thanks

With all of the business enterprise features that 2.0 will bring, does anyone know if it will allow us to save email attachments? Its the dumbest thing I've ever seen if we finally have the ability to view all oir documents and files but can't save them for easy future access.

Green Apple
    Thanks

does the forced activation apply for iphones in australia or are they unlocked?

Livin the iPhone Life billchase2's Avatar
    Thanks

excellent, just a couple of weeks away! definitely looking forward to it!
    21.5" iMac 3.06 GHz Intel Core i3 l 15" MacBook Pro 2.2 GHz Intel Core i7 l 17" PowerBook 1.67 GHz
    iPhone 4 32 GB l  TV 160 GB l 32 GB iPad

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by fungrified View Post
    does the forced activation apply for iphones in australia or are they unlocked?
    What??

Thanks

I dont understand how they plan or will manage to penalize people who do not activate with ATT within a certain amount of time (30 days) ?

Super Sweet Moderator thetoothfairy's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Jaenius View Post
    I dont understand how they plan or will manage to penalize people who do not activate with ATT within a certain amount of time (30 days) ?
    To buy the iphone this time around you probably won't be able to just go in and buy one without the credit check from what I have been reading..... this means they will get all of your information.... once you buy it and if you don't activate it within the 30 days they will just bill you the penalty cost for not activating it. Then if you don't pay your bill they turn you into collections and then collections will haunt you to death!

If this happens the next time around when a new iphone comes out if one does (which I think there will be more versions) you won't be able to get one because your account will be flagged.....

I don't have to worry about this as I am with ATT with my phone right now.. as far as I am concern they are good.... I travel in a car from Michigan to Florida and this past winter when I went down there I could use my phone the hole time and edge as well..... never had a problem......

Look at Verizon or Sprint or Nextel..... when you go in to buy one of their phones you have to activate it to be able to buy it..... if they make us do that I am sure they will have their hands full with so many people and I am sure or they better make sure they hire more people to get the job done that day when we buy the phone or people will be upset because of the time they will have to wait to get it.... I am sure it will be like the Christmas rush! LOL
    Last edited by thetoothfairy; 06-11-2008 at 09:19 AM.

iPhone? More like MyPhone mfleigle's Avatar
    Thanks

So the buying and activating is the same as last year. Minus online sales, and the fact they will flag your account for buying one. I think I am going to wait this time for a 32gb (Red) edition that is rumored for later this year. No 3G coverage anyway

Green Apple
    Thanks

nickh i meant in australia will we have to sign a contract in store to get an iphone or can we buy them unlocked and use our own sim card
    or is none of these details known yet

Livin the iPhone Life Apple iPie's Avatar
    Thanks

Hope it will be released on the 27th of June. Cant wait to 11th of July.

Green Apple
    Thanks

This just killed the worldwide iphone community.

The thrill of cracking and the exclusivity, everything that the community was built upon

now the iphone is just another phone.

Green Apple
    Thanks

Well, if you can buy it and be fined it seems like you CAN buy the iPhone sans contract. Of course it depends on the cost of the iPhone and penalty fee. Plus it depends on how AT&T views the penalty, if they take it as an additional cost then it is fine, but if they see it as OMFG they stole our #$%^ then it could cause problems in the future with other purchases.

Thanks

To get past the automatic contract thing, you just buy it from eBay.
    People on eBay get these things in bulk some how and sell them for cheaper than at an Apple store, you just have to be careful who you choose to buy from.
    You might have to wait a few weeks before you can get one, but atleast you won't have to use ATT's ridiculously pricey service.

Super Sweet Moderator thetoothfairy's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Hagge10 View Post
    This just killed the worldwide iphone community.

The thrill of cracking and the exclusivity, everything that the community was built upon

now the iphone is just another phone.
    In reality.... the iphone is just like the other phones when it comes to the government and businesses, rules and regulations..... it was not supposed to be modded or hacked.....

Yes this community is a great community with lots of info on it.... but look at all of the people screaming for help because either they don't understand what to do with the phone to mod it or if they did look at the problems they are having because they did so.....

Some may have thought that we should have had everything we wanted on the phone right from the start.... but by doing this there would only be one version of the iphone... and with technology moving as fast as it is these days they will always improve the iphone... and that is how they will continue to make money on us...

What a bunch of suckers we are! LOL But can't help myself I just love my iphone!

Thanks

BS, not possible for at&t to do this. There will be a million excuses that someone could give as to why they could not activate it; I lost it, it broke, someone stole it, ect.

Livin the iPhone Life Poseidon79's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,681 Times in 1,159 Posts

This thread is about the release date of the 2.0 firmware. If you want to talk about contracts and activation and unlocking, etc... please post in the 986324986132984314 other threads started about those topics :-).

As far as 2.0, I'm excited about the release because the soon it's out, the sooner it will be jailbroken!

20. The Following User Says Thank You to Poseidon79 For This Useful Post:

rkisling (06-11-2008)

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Poseidon79 View Post
    This thread is about the release date of the 2.0 firmware. If you want to talk about contracts and activation and unlocking, etc... please post in the 986324986132984314 other threads started about those topics :-).

As far as 2.0, I'm excited about the release because the soon it's out, the sooner it will be jailbroken!
    firmware 2.0 on June 27th, no OTA music downloads, AT&T to fine non-activators...