Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: firmware 2.0 on June 27th, no OTA music downloads, AT&T to fine non-activators...

Quote Originally Posted by lor443 View Post
    if u stop the imei transmitting u can say u lost the phone and i dnt think they can charge u 4 not activating it its ur iphone ur not renting or leasing it from them u bought it u can do wtvr u wnt with it the only problem ull hve is probably buying it but tht should b it
    This isn't a text message. You can type your words out.

Quote Originally Posted by Happy Noodle Boy View Post
    You're almost, almost right. The iPhone would be 199 + ETF (175 or whatever they choose) + 1st month of service (80some minimum unless there's some free period I don't know about).
    I don't know how any of us can sit here and act like we know what we're talking about. I have no idea what I am talking about either but you can look at the facts and make a somewhat educated guess, and mine would be that they're going to be making you pay a shitload more than a $175 ETF. The first phone we had to pay full price on which was $600. That also included Apple getting a portion of the monthly fee. If they didnt get that portion we may have paid upwards of $800 for it. Now that the phone is being subsidized by At&t, we only have to pay $200 but with Apple no longer getting a percentage of the monthly fees you can bet your *** that At&t is paying top dollar to Apple, hence the $10 a month increase in the monthly plan. There's no way At&t is going to let people buy phones for $200 and unlock it or use it on some media net plan like people are doing now, without paying a huge amount of money to them first. All they have to do is take your credit card when you make the purchase and if it isn't activated with an iphone data plan within 30 days, boom $400 charge on your card. And if you don't want to give them a card they'll just tell you tough ****.
    Last edited by Jasper44; 06-11-2008 at 06:01 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

well i replied to this from my phone so yeah thanks 4 letting me know though!

wouldn't that discourage people from buying the phone? Even though I have no plans of buying one, I think I would take my business elsewhere just for the fact they are trying to force me into something I don't need. If this is the case, instead of saying "only $200!" They should also have to include the price of the plans,activation in their advertisements. "Only $200 and an arm and a leg by the time you get to use it!" They act like their doing you a favor by lowering the price, but they get you on the back end because a plan can end up costing you $100 a month.
    Last edited by ronzo; 06-11-2008 at 06:46 PM. Reason: add words

Iphone 3G, Mac Book, Ipad Mini, Vista, Windows 7

My iPhone is a Part of Me
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by lifesmymachine View Post
    pictures yes, documents and files no
    thanks for the info. Still don't understand why they're not opening to the file system.

how are we going to upgrade to 2.0 on our jailbroken iphones?

Thanks

I don't understand why everyone is freaking out over at$t might charge you extra if you dont activate in 30 days. All of us were ready and willing to pay $600 for the first gen. after all is said and done (and this is just a guess) $300 for the 16G phone the ETF of $175, $80 for the first month so far your up to $555. Even if there is another $100 thrown in there by at$t trying to get you where the sun don't shine, is $650 really all the bad for a Gen 2 16G iPhone? Really, all of us expected to pay something like this before all this came out. Look at the "fine" as a way out. You end up paying full price for the phone, and you have no contract. Thats what I expected things to be like.

Can't you just buy the phone online then take the fine and end up with an iPhone with no contract?

You're already paying hundreds less than the new iPhone, so another $100 dollar fine shouldn't hurt too much.

$299 16gig + 100 (random estimate) fee = $399. $399 for a new 3G 16 gig iPhone. Not too bad.

That's if you can buy the phone online, which I think you can since it's already up on the Apple STORE. At least that's what I'm HOPING for lol.
    Last edited by iPhoneMadness; 06-12-2008 at 03:30 PM.
    "Thanks" button. Learn it. Use it. Love it.

iPhone? More like MyPhone Atokadd's Avatar
    Thanks

Im happy I bought my iphone when I did
    ( im a tmobile user )
    Other than the faster speeds, and the Gps, the 3G is worth nothing to me.
    HAVE I HELPED YOU? Thank me!

lol, that would be really funny if someone walked in slammed 300 or 200 dollars on the counter took the iphone and ran

Quote Originally Posted by Hagge10 View Post
    This just killed the worldwide iphone community.

The thrill of cracking and the exclusivity, everything that the community was built upon

now the iphone is just another phone.
    I've been running the Beta 2.0 firmware.. and it Fantastic.. If You think that This is Just another Phone ... You dont have a CLUE..

All you have to do is buy the phone activate it then back out of the contract within 30 days thats what I plan to do theres no way im going to pay more money for 3g I would rather stay on t-mobile with edge I use wifi way more than I use the network anyways no reason to sweat anything att is just trying to scare you because they know if we unlock they loose big this time

Quote Originally Posted by Jasper44 View Post
    This isn't a text message. You can type your words out.

I don't know how any of us can sit here and act like we know what we're talking about. I have no idea what I am talking about either but you can look at the facts and make a somewhat educated guess, and mine would be that they're going to be making you pay a shitload more than a $175 ETF. The first phone we had to pay full price on which was $600. That also included Apple getting a portion of the monthly fee. If they didnt get that portion we may have paid upwards of $800 for it. Now that the phone is being subsidized by At&t, we only have to pay $200 but with Apple no longer getting a percentage of the monthly fees you can bet your *** that At&t is paying top dollar to Apple, hence the $10 a month increase in the monthly plan. There's no way At&t is going to let people buy phones for $200 and unlock it or use it on some media net plan like people are doing now, without paying a huge amount of money to them first. All they have to do is take your credit card when you make the purchase and if it isn't activated with an iphone data plan within 30 days, boom $400 charge on your card. And if you don't want to give them a card they'll just tell you tough ****.

Aren't the pre-paid versions of iphone 3G going on sell for $799 and $899 for 8G and 16G models, respectively? If this holds true, contract terminators may be looking at a $600 credit card charge. ...rather than around a $400 one. Time will tell i suppose

Default 2.0 upgrade make iphone faster?
    Does the 2.0 firmware upgrade make the current iphones as fast as the new 3G iphones will be?

No. 1st-gen iPhones don't have the 3G chip, they're stuck with EDGE/Wifi.

I'm a helpful jerk, fear me.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123