Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: [ GUIDE ] How to unlock 1.1.2 in OS X (NOT NIB, only from previous firmwares)

Owner / Founder - ModMyi
    aka poetic_folly
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,809 Times in 1,229 Posts

Default [ GUIDE ] How to unlock 1.1.2 in OS X (NOT NIB, only from previous firmwares)
    I've added the OS X 1.1.2 upgrade unlock guide to the Guides Section.

↑ ↑ ↓ ↓ ← → ← → B A [select] [start] Kyle Matthews

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Kyle Matthews For This Useful Post:

grhmachielsen1 (12-01-2007)

Quoting the guide:
    [Here's the basic outline of the method we'll be using: Run OktoPrep, UPDATE to 1.1.2, Jailbreak, put the iPhone in airplane mode, unlock (anySIM1.2.1u). All right, lets get started.
    - If you have accidentally upgraded to 1.1.2 before finding this guide, follow the guide to downgrade to 1.1.1 and jailbreak/activate, then update to and jailbreak 1.1.2, then come back to this guide.
    - If you currently on 1.1.1 firmware that is NOT unlocked, or any firmware older than 1.1.1 (and you did NOT buy an iPhone which came with 1.1.2 on it), follow the guide to unlock 1.1.1, then follow the 1.1.2 jailbreak guide, THEN come back to this guide.

All right, assuming you now have a jailbroken iPhone which you have upgraded from a previous firmware, lets complete the 1.1.2 unlock process!]

Thank you PF for your hard work, but I think there's something not very clear in the guide, if someone is running a 1.1.1. unlocked iPhone.

You didn't mention a link (if any) to a guide howto -see bold sentence- "Run OktoPrep, UPDATE to 1.1.2, Jailbreak"

(which can be found somewhere in this site, I guess, maybe only for windows users)

Do you agree ?
    Thank you again for all you are doing.

Thanx PF!

Anyway, now I'm on 1.1.1 unlocked. What should I do to get 1.1.2 unlocked.

poetic_folly, you are the man! And everyone that helps you! I just unlocked my 1.1.2 succesfully! I did have to use the iWorld app to get the phone and the sms system to work! But thanks and PLEASE keep up the great work!

Owner / Founder - ModMyi
    aka poetic_folly
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by muccaeppollo View Post
    Thank you PF for your hard work, but I think there's something not very clear in the guide, if someone is running a 1.1.1. unlocked iPhone.

You didn't mention a link (if any) to a guide howto -see bold sentence- "Run OktoPrep, UPDATE to 1.1.2, Jailbreak"

(which can be found somewhere in this site, I guess, maybe only for windows users)

Do you agree ?
    Thank you again for all you are doing.
    Ha, good point. Guide adjusted with the needed info... thanks!

Hiya,

I just wanted to confirm that upgrading a 1.1.1 unlocked phone to 1.1.2 unlocked WILL NOT update my bootloader to the new (icky) version.

thanks pf for everything you do.

Sweet, easy to follow directions, and my phone works like a charm. Updated and unlocked, w/ no problems.
    Iphoned & now using T-MO prepaid, Been playing w/ Apples for nearly 2 decades...

Owner / Founder - ModMyi
    aka poetic_folly
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by elwood View Post
    Hiya,

I just wanted to confirm that upgrading a 1.1.1 unlocked phone to 1.1.2 unlocked WILL NOT update my bootloader to the new (icky) version.

thanks pf for everything you do.
    Right. Just follow the guide...

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Kyle Matthews For This Useful Post:

elwood (12-02-2007)

I just want to be clear that, if I am already running 1.1.1 Jailbroken from
    jailbreakme.com, that I can proceed to do this. In essence, upgrading to 1.1.2 and using installer and anysim will work? I'm just afraid that 1.1.2 will wipe out installer, than how will I get it? lol
    Talent borrows, sh*t copies, genius steals

Crap. I just ran anySIM without turning on Airplane mode.

i've got an apple logo and a solid spinny "processing" logo thing on top of it.

hrmm...

Owner / Founder - ModMyi
    aka poetic_folly
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by afinite17 View Post
    I just want to be clear that, if I am already running 1.1.1 Jailbroken from
    jailbreakme.com, that I can proceed to do this. In essence, upgrading to 1.1.2 and using installer and anysim will work? I'm just afraid that 1.1.2 will wipe out installer, than how will I get it? lol
    Yes. Follow the guide, it details the steps to follow if you are already running a 1.1.1 unlocked iPhone.

Quote Originally Posted by elwood View Post
    Crap. I just ran anySIM without turning on Airplane mode.

i've got an apple logo and a solid spinny "processing" logo thing on top of it.

hrmm...
    Repeat the downgrade from 1.1.2 process and go from there.

I just ran through the upgrade to 1.1.2 guide (twice... i forgot airplane mode the first time, downgraded to 1.1.1 amid an unlock freeze, and then followed the guide to a par all the way through the new anySIM unlock). It all went well and anySIM completed it's thing, except that now i get a "Different SIM detected" message whenever I have my fido sim in the phone.

I'm also an AT&T subscriber (I go to school in canada and travel back to the states), and that sim works fine currently for everything (on the att affiliate network in canada), so i think this has to be a problem with anySIM?

Worked for me in Auustralia!

Thanks guys.

BTW: You need to run IWorld after it to send and recieve messages/calls.
    myRepoSpace.com - Easily create your own Cydia Repo.

Default iTunes
    Poetic_ Folly, cool, but why is at that after okToPrep is installed on the phone, and I connect to itunes, I dont get a screen to setup of the iphone, it just auto syncs, and thats that. Keep i mind I also tried it with manual sync, not to be surprised that it didnt work either. Am I missing a step? Appreciate your help.

Phone is running 1.1.1. / Jailbroken, technically would like to upgrade to 1.1.2 and have it remain Jailbroken, not unlocked. I'm assuming unlock enables the sim to be used on other networks if that wasn't the biggest NOOB question someone has ever asked haha.
    Last edited by afinite17; 12-04-2007 at 06:02 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
    Talent borrows, sh*t copies, genius steals

Wondering is someone can help me. I don't know if I'm just tired or what but the Upgrade to 1.1.2 isn't really clear to me. I have and unlocked phone running 1.0.2 using with T-Mobile. What I'm getting from the guide is I just have to run Oktoprep, Ungrade, Jailbreak, and run ANYSIM and I'm done.....Or do I have to virginize my phone and then upgrade to 1.1.1 first? Any help would be appreciated.

18. The Following User Says Thank You to monkeyboy468 For This Useful Post:

Atul (12-05-2007)