+ Reply
Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: ATT giving out free 3G iPhones

is a discussion within the

iPhone News

forums, a part of the

General iPhone

section;
AT&T has stated if you bought your iPhone after May 27th, you can swap out your iPhone for a free 3G iPhone upgrade - no cost, no contract extension. Of
    Owner / Founder - ModMyi
    aka poetic_folly
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,799 Times in 1,223 Posts

Default ATT giving out free 3G iPhones
    AT&T has stated if you bought your iPhone after May 27th, you can swap out your iPhone for a free 3G iPhone upgrade - no cost, no contract extension.

Of course, if you bought it before that, you get to sign a whole new 2 year contract, extended from where yours ends now to grab a 3G iPhone. Unless you want to pay full price, of course, like us T-Mobile folks are going to have to do.

Gizmodo

↑ ↑ ↓ ↓ ← → ← → B A [select] [start] Kyle Matthews

Green Apple
    Thanks

full price? the full price is 199 and 299. so us on other carriers are screwed honestly!

Owner / Founder - ModMyi
    aka cash7c3
    Thanks
    Thanked 15,273 Times in 652 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by 1sick94hb View Post
    full price? the full price is 199 and 299. so us on other carriers are screwed honestly!
    that's subsidized price

Thanks

no problem for me signing a new contract. as long as i get the new iPhone.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Now will the plan extend so that I will be on contract for 3.75 years? Or do you mean that my plan will over-write so that the old 2 years i have will void and sign a new 2 year contract ?

My iPhone is a Part of Me tsatryan's Avatar
    Thanks

Why would a TMo user even want the new iPhone? I thought that their 3G network is totally different than ATT's. Why not just upgrade your existing iPhone to 2.0?

iPhone? More like MyPhone mfleigle's Avatar
    Thanks

Where could you buy them? The apple store, and AT&T have been sold out since the beginning of may. (atleast when I checked)

Green Apple
    Thanks

guys there is no subsidized price. you dont understand
    You must sign a 2 yr agreement and activate the iphone at the time or purchase at the store!!!!!!!! If you dont have att then you will have to pay a deposit depending on your credit. The price is 199 and 299 there is no other price for the phone. If you dont go through att or any of apples providers then you dont get the iphone, simple as that. 199 and 299 bottom line no more no less unless its a 3rd party seller which good luck finding one now!

Green Apple
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by 1sick94hb View Post
    guys there is no subsidized price. you dont understand
    You must sign a 2 yr agreement and activate the iphone at the time or purchase at the store!!!!!!!! If you dont have att then you will have to pay a deposit depending on your credit. The price is 199 and 299 there is no other price for the phone. If you dont go through att or any of apples providers then you dont get the iphone, simple as that. 199 and 299 bottom line no more no less unless its a 3rd party seller which good luck finding one now!

Ok you are half right here. Yes the price is $199 or $299 but you can buy the phone from the Apple store and NOT activate it. Wait a week for someone to jailbreak it and put in a Tmobile chip. Now you will have a 3g phone with no 3g but you will have the new phone and GPS and for only $199. Oh theres more you won't have to pay the extra $10 a month for the up'd data price.

Lastly I bought an Iphone last June and signed the 2 year contract through ATT and Itunes and it says now that I am eligable for a free upgrade. So I might just get me a curve for $49 from fry's and sign a new contract for 2 years then by a new phone for $199 and sell my curve in a month for let's say blow out price of $150. or even $200. Now that's capitalizm. Oh not to mention I sold my Iphone last week for $375 so I"m pretty stoked about the new price cut.

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks
    So if we bought the last iphone at the launch date... if we want to upgrade to the new iphone, users can't trade in their phone, correct?

...sounds dumb if not, considering I paid about 600 for it, even with the 100 rebate check, and the new phones are $199 for the phone I paid for.

Green Apple
    Thanks

did you guys happen to read this thread here http://www.modmyi.com/forums/news/18...ta-prices.html

YOU MUST BUY THE IPHONE IN PERSON AND ACTIVATE IT IN THE STORE NO MORE ONLINE SALES ALSO!

Livin the iPhone Life Happy Noodle Boy's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by pospower View Post
    Ok you are half right here. Yes the price is $199 or $299 but you can buy the phone from the Apple store and NOT activate it. Wait a week for someone to jailbreak it and put in a Tmobile chip. Now you will have a 3g phone with no 3g but you will have the new phone and GPS and for only $199. Oh theres more you won't have to pay the extra $10 a month for the up'd data price.
    No, he's all right and you're all wrong. Apple Stores will have AT&T kiosk for activating. You will not be able to buy the iPhone without a contract.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

i got mine in november...so do i just have to get 2 more years or is it 2 more years and the price? (please be just two years no price)

iPhone? More like MyPhone wannagotopopeyes's Avatar
    Thanks

Okay so someone set me straight here...

What would the price be for someone buying the new iPhone but using it with T-Mobile? I know 3G wont work but I just want the new one, and the 2.0 firmware is already unlocked as I have been told..

So would you still get the 199/299 pricing for 8/16 gig models, and just not activate it at the store and jailbreak/unlock later?

or is the only possible way to get one is pay the 199/299 and start a 2 year contract..
    i LOVE apple.

Thanks

The ONLY way to get a 2nd-gen is with a 2-year contract through an AT&T or Apple Store.

You can't just buy the phone and "activate" in your home.

Green Apple
    Thanks

guys read read read, you "CANNOT" buy the iphone without activation at the store!!!!!! If you want the iphone and are on a different network then you will have to wait to see if there are any 3rd party resellers one day but i doubt it anytime soon. IF YOU WANT AN IPHONE YOU HAVE TO GO TO APPLE OR ATT AND SIGN A 2YR CONTRACT!!!!

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

when u say may 27th do u mean a little over a week ago when most at@t stores didnt even have the iphone in stock anymore?

iPhone? More like MyPhone wannagotopopeyes's Avatar
    Thanks

So you cant even get it without a contract and pay like full price? like 399 or something
    i LOVE apple.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by wannagotopopeyes View Post
    So you cant even get it without a contract and pay like full price? like 399 or something
    Nope.

I'm a helpful jerk, fear me.

Green Apple
    Thanks

no you cannot get it without a contract period unless you wait it out to see if any 3rd party resellers start selling them. I doubt that there will be any resellers willing to buy iphones sign a contract cancel the contract then resell.

+ Reply
Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast