Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678
Results 141 to 157 of 157

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.


Thread: ATT giving out free 3G iPhones

  1. #141
    What's Jailbreak? jamescrofton's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Sherman Oaks, California, United States
    Posts
    13
    Thanks
    2
    Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
    I Bought the 1st Gen iPhone in July 07, What I want to know is. if I buy new 3g iphone, will i be agreeing to a additional 2 year contract to be added to the year I have left (3 years locked in is an issue for me, as in 3 years I am sure we will have the gPhone as well as a 4th gen iphone). Like lots of people who post here, I want the best device on the market when it comes out. If I keep signing new 2 year contracts every time a new phone comes out with this arrangement one could end up locked in for 4 years or more. PLEASE NO CONTRACT ROLL OVER, This aspect seems really unclear.

  2. #142
    Quote Originally Posted by infamous12550 View Post
    Once again i am wondering why you can't just activate in the store & then terminate service with in your 14, or 30 day service trial period? You wouldn't have to pay an early termination fee & if it doesn't state anywhere in the contract there will be an additonal fee for the phone, what can they do? You hae already technically paid Apple for the phone... I am not an AT&T customer so I was wondering if you an purchase insurance for the iPhone with them? Please let me know. Thanx ahead of time.
    Easy. With the iPhone they extended the trial period to 30 days. If you want to cancel without any fees, you have to return the iPhone when cancelling the contract. If you do not return the iPhone within 30 days, you can not cancel your contract. If you wait 30 days, you can cancel, keep the phone, and pay the normal termination fee.

    Here is the memo to AT&T Stores:
    iPhone 3G Requires 2 Year Contract, In Store Activation | Apple iPhone School

  3. #143
    Default Apple Adds Spyware to iphone 3g that will brick if Jailbroken
    Quote Originally Posted by infamous12550 View Post
    I think most people that want to cancel the AT&T service aren't worried about that beacuse they are hoping on using it unlocked & with another carrier anyway...
    I know this sound crazy and it just might be but i heard it straight from an ATT rep minutes again. Here is the propoganda. He said that if anyone add's third party apps that are not registrered with apple. The 3g phone will alert ATT and the phone will be deamed usless. Ok now don't flame me Im just passing on the info.

  4. #144
    Quote Originally Posted by pospower View Post
    I know this sound crazy and it just might be but i heard it straight from an ATT rep minutes again. Here is the propoganda. He said that if anyone add's third party apps that are not registrered with apple. The 3g phone will alert ATT and the phone will be deamed usless. Ok now don't flame me Im just passing on the info.
    Not a flame but i call BS on that one.

  5. #145
    Quote Originally Posted by tsatryan View Post
    What a thread... never have so many, said so much, for so long, so repetitiously, with so little real information.
    And still going strong. Jesus, is this the Iphone forum or the idiot phone forum.

    All these people whining about contract, trade in, paying another $200 to get a 3G Iphone?????

    It doesn't matter, trade your phone in and get the 3G for free if you qualify or better yet, walk in, extend or sign new contract, and sell your old Iphone. You will definitely get at least $200 for it so your new 3G is free no matter what.

    Trust me, there will still be lots of demand for your EDGE Iphone on Ebay. Not everyone wants an AT&T contract. Lots of people just want the phone for an Ipod feature and to use it with their Wi-Fi at home or on the go and pop in their T-mobile sim card to make calls on a much cheaper T-Mobile network.

    I for one will gladly pay $200 for an EDGE Iphone to hack and drop my t-mobile card in. I won't even add the data plan since the Iphone is pretty much a laptop once jailbroken and unlock.

    The only thing that will happen is the Ipod Touch price sell will plummet. Why not pickup an EDGE Iphone for cheap on EBAY that has more features than the itouch for a cheaper price.

  6. #146
    Quote Originally Posted by aquaholik View Post
    And still going strong. Jesus, is this the Iphone forum or the idiot phone forum.

    All these people whining about contract, trade in, paying another $200 to get a 3G Iphone?????

    It doesn't matter, trade your phone in and get the 3G for free if you qualify or better yet, walk in, extend or sign new contract, and sell your old Iphone. You will definitely get at least $200 for it so your new 3G is free no matter what.

    Trust me, there will still be lots of demand for your EDGE Iphone on Ebay. Not everyone wants an AT&T contract. Lots of people just want the phone for an Ipod feature and to use it with their Wi-Fi at home or on the go and pop in their T-mobile sim card to make calls on a much cheaper T-Mobile network.

    I for one will gladly pay $200 for an EDGE Iphone to hack and drop my t-mobile card in. I won't even add the data plan since the Iphone is pretty much a laptop once jailbroken and unlock.

    The only thing that will happen is the Ipod Touch price sell will plummet. Why not pickup an EDGE Iphone for cheap on EBAY that has more features than the itouch for a cheaper price.

    Good luck getting an Iphone 1st gen for $200 they are going for $300 and up here in San Diego so I agree. Stop your whining. Get a 3g and you'll have $100 left over. Don't forget ATT lowers your fee for canceling over time as well. Oh and if they come out with another Iphone in 12 months I'm sure they will extend the same courtesy they did this round to 3g owners to upgrade.

  7. #147
    If i buy New 2.0 Iphone can I take 2year contract terminate and go over to T-mobile will phone be activated and jail broken and what will be the final cost?

  8. #148
    My iPhone is a Part of Me tsatryan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Cumberland, Maryland
    Posts
    879
    Thanks
    200
    Thanked 395 Times in 146 Posts

    Quote Originally Posted by hsi crew View Post
    If i buy New 2.0 Iphone can I take 2year contract terminate and go over to T-mobile will phone be activated and jail broken and what will be the final cost?
    At this point, no one knows what the cost or even the ability of buying the iPhone3G and then breaking a contract will be. But, I would be pretty confident that whatever you would save by being on TMo, you would lose in trying to do that kind of a deal.

    And the iPhone will only be jailbroken if you jailbreak it, and it won't work on TMo until you do that and unlock it as well. That problably won't be difficult to do, based on what can be done now.

    The bigger question would be why do that? There is precious little advantage to using the new iPhone on TMo, rather than using the current iPhone. The 3G on the new iPhone will not work on TMo.

  9. #149
    Default to get a 3g iphone
    K everyone is still confused on how its going to go to get a 3g iphone on launch date.

    Here is the scoop, anybody that purchased and iphone will be eligible to upgrade to a 3giphone no matter if your only three months into your current contract and yes it will just override your old contract its not an extesion to your old contract. The 14 day return policy will change to a 30 day return policy so that ppl who were thinking of getting it and just cancelling service after the 14 days your out of luck. The reps in the att store will have to do the activation in the store so no more just buying the phone and taking it home, as of right now there is no contract price meaning (non-commitment price, retail price) so ppl who just want to buy an 3iphone out right its not gonna happen.

  10. #150
    What's Jailbreak? BradTrinh24's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Richmond, Kentucky
    Posts
    29
    Thanks
    1
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts

    Default WoW
    Are you guys actually serious? iPhone 3g is not even worth 200 bucks. Keep your original iPhone that you can do anything with and be satisfied. Maybe if people don't buy them, then ATT will have to do something about it???

  11. #151
    I think the title is a little bit misleading. I think it should be renamed to "Trade your iPhone for an iPhone 3G with AT&T."

  12. #152
    is this true? because i called Apple, and they said that there is no such thing, and id have to buy a new one...anyone?

  13. #153
    My iPhone is a Part of Me tsatryan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Cumberland, Maryland
    Posts
    879
    Thanks
    200
    Thanked 395 Times in 146 Posts

    Quote Originally Posted by mrtonyyx View Post
    I think the title is a little bit misleading. I think it should be renamed to "Trade your iPhone for an iPhone 3G with AT&T."
    Quote Originally Posted by elite-fusion View Post
    is this true? because i called Apple, and they said that there is no such thing, and id have to buy a new one...anyone?
    be sure to read the posts in the thread, not just the title, which was posted some time ago.

  14. #154
    My iPhone is a Part of Me
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Los Angeles
    Posts
    813
    Thanks
    417
    Thanked 108 Times in 80 Posts

    Quote Originally Posted by nycaznkidd0 View Post
    so what is atnt going to do with the old iphone donations?
    well if we have learned from the past, they will refurbish them and sell them on apple.com for super cheap!!!!

    sweeeeeeeeeeeeeeet
    Last edited by tattoojack; 07-06-2008 at 08:14 AM.

  15. #155
    i have a question, it might have been answered already in this thread but i dont want to read through it. but my friend just got a brand new iphone 1st gen under warranty cuz there was something wrong with his old one. this was a week before the 3Gs came out. so does that qualify to upgrade for free?

  16. #156
    My iPhone is a Part of Me tsatryan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Cumberland, Maryland
    Posts
    879
    Thanks
    200
    Thanked 395 Times in 146 Posts

    Quote Originally Posted by mikeagby View Post
    i have a question, it might have been answered already in this thread but i dont want to read through it...
    lol. you don't want to take time to search for it, so you ask someone else to?

  17. #157
    I dont think saying yes or no is hard, but meh whatever.

    Anyway, I suggest you talk to ATT about that. Unless someone actually works for ATT here or knows the answer, I would ask the service provider.

Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678
Posting Permissions
  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •