+ Reply
Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5678 LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: ATT giving out free 3G iPhones

is a discussion within the

iPhone News

forums, a part of the

General iPhone

section;
Get over it!!! You can by a new Iphone anytime and sign a new 2 year agreement NOT extension with AT&T learn to read and learn to check your contracts.
    Green Apple
    Thanks

Get over it!!! You can by a new Iphone anytime and sign a new 2 year agreement NOT extension with AT&T learn to read and learn to check your contracts. I'm really tired of hearing the complaining!!!

Green Apple
    Thanks

Can I get a contract only with data and no voice?

I've never had a cel phone & don't really want one. But I do want high-speed Internet everywhere I go. My Touch has been adequate 'til now, but there's no Wi-fi @ my job and 3G makes it seem a lot more worth it. I just want a Touch with a camera and GPS and the Internet everywhere. And if I jailbreak it, there's always VOIP, right?

So can I get a data only contract? Any one else weird enough to attempt such a thing?

Green Apple
    Thanks

There is another option that i believe youve all missed, or at leat i didnt notice it being mentioned in any of the posts so excuse me if it has.

I was looking on the apple uk part of the site to see if prices had been released and although they have not as of yet mentioned pricing on the uk site they do have another option available which is PAY AS YOU GO contracts. The dont have any information available on that tab apart from a section for you to register your interest in a 3g iphone on pay as you go. They will then contact you early july with further information.

Im guessing the price would be higher than one on contract however there is no 2 year tie in, you would simply just not top it up after leaving the store even if you have to activate it instore!

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Angry why do they allways figure out a way to **** US????
    IM SICK AND TIRED OF APPLE AND AT&T ******* THE PEOPLE THAT MADE THE IPHONE WHAT IT IS. THE CONSUMERS AND THE GUYS WHO HACKED THE FIRST IPHONE AND DEVOLOPERS !!!!
    IF IT WASNT FOR US WHAT WOULD THEY HAVE?
    IF WE THE CONSUMERS ALL STUCK TOGETHER AND TOLD CELL PHONE COMPANYS WERE SICK OF HAVING TO GET A SERVICE CONTRACT OR HAVING TO PAY MORE FOR A PHONE BECAUSE WE ALREADY HAVE SERVICE WITH YOU MAYBE THEY WOULD STOP THIS BULLLSHIT.
    I USE TO HAVE SPRINT I WAS ELIGABLE FOR 150.00 OFF FOR A NEW PHONE BUT BECAUSE MY BROTHER GAVE ME HIS OLD PHONE THEY TOOK 75.00 OFF THAT SO ME BEING FRUSTRATED AND IN DISBELEIF I TOLD THEM TO CANCEL MY SERVICE AND TO GO **** THEMSELVES.
    NOW WE ALL KNOW THERE WILL BE A WAY TO GET THE NEW 3G IPHONE JAILBROKE AND WITHOUT A TWO YEAR SERVICE AGREEMENT ITS JUST A MATTER OF TIME SO WHY MUST THEY **** WITH US?
    I THINK THAT IF APPLE TOLD AT&T TO **** OFF WERE GOING TO OPEN UP TO MORE CARRIERS THEY WOULD MAKE ALOT OF MORE MONEY.
    LOOK AT THE RAZOR FROM MOTOROLA EVERYBODY I KNOW HAD ONE
    I SAY WE GRAB STEVE JOBS AND BEAT HIM WITH A 3G IPHONE TILL HE BLEEDS FROM HIS RECTUM !!!!
    OH AND WHAT HAPPENED TO THE BATTERY BEING ABLE TO BE REPLACED THEY DIDNT LISTEN TO THE WORKING CONSUMER THEY LISTENED TO BIG COMPANIES AND ****** THE WORKING MAN AGAIN !!
    Last edited by MASSKILLA; 06-11-2008 at 03:52 AM.

Livin the iPhone Life heath_rox's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by bklynjava View Post
    It's all Bull - anyone can purchase the phone from an apple store when its released.

There will be no AT&T kiosks.

if that happens then rumor is that if you dont activate in 30 days then you get charged $40x24
    "Its better to be a pirate than join the navy"Steve Jobs

Green Apple
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by heath_rox View Post
    if that happens then rumor is that if you dont activate in 30 days then you get charged $40x24
    This post gave me a laugh. Honestly if I believed this I would just pay cash for the phone and give a fake name but in order to inforce this you would have to sign a contract that said you would sign a contract. Otherwise what legal right would they have to charge you anything 30 days laters. Now that I'm reading this I guess they could have you sign something when you bought the phone.

My guess is this is all just BS propaganda and that we will be able to buy phones from the apple store 2 at a time just like the last time. We will of course have to activate the phone and that is when the contract part will come in. Again just like last time. No one complained then and the phone was $646 with tax. At $199 heck that's a $400 savings just for signing a contract. Let's get real people that's a deal and amazingly nobody complained half this much at the original launch.

Livin the iPhone Life Happy Noodle Boy's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by pospower View Post
    This post gave me a laugh. Honestly if I believed this I would just pay cash for the phone and give a fake name but in order to inforce this you would have to sign a contract that said you would sign a contract. Otherwise what legal right would they have to charge you anything 30 days laters. Now that I'm reading this I guess they could have you sign something when you bought the phone.

My guess is this is all just BS propaganda and that we will be able to buy phones from the apple store 2 at a time just like the last time. We will of course have to activate the phone and that is when the contract part will come in. Again just like last time. No one complained then and the phone was $646 with tax. At $199 heck that's a $400 savings just for signing a contract. Let's get real people that's a deal and amazingly nobody complained half this much at the original launch.
    Regardless of the penalty, one hasn't been able to pay for an iPhone with cash in almost half a year.

I'm a helpful jerk, fear me.

Thanks

i spoke to an apple store robot in miami last night. after a few minutes of going over the various scenarios, he admitted to me that apple and ATT haven't really set everything in stone yet. so all these posts are just speculation according to the apple guy at the bottom of the heap.
    i don't even know if i believe this guy, because i said that my son lived in LA and i wanted to buy the phone for his birthday. i asked if i could activate here in miami and then send the phone to him and just have the SIM card inserted and he would be good to go. the guy told me "no, it won't work like that bvecause the sim is married to the phone." i know this is BS with the old phone, anysim, but i was really surprised to hear him say this for the new one.
    BTW he also said that the $30/month 3G data plan is bull, he said that the pricing hasn't been announced by ATT yet.

just my experience last night........

Green Apple
    Thanks

yeah but what about us people with not so good credit??? Im sure not paying ATT 750 for there service when i already have suncom and they use att's towers right now anyway.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

I just got of the phone with a AT&T rep and he told me that people who bought the iPhone in July of 07 are not eligible for the free upgrade. We would have to pay $200 dollars and those who bought the iPhone in march 27, 2008 are eligible for the free upgrade. I don't think fair for us who bought in July that means that we would be paying a total of $800 dollars for the new phone

Green Apple
    Thanks

why would you be paying 800 for the new phone? you would be paying 200, turn around and sell your old phone for 200 and you just got the new iphone for free!

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by crewxp View Post
    So if we bought the last iphone at the launch date... if we want to upgrade to the new iphone, users can't trade in their phone, correct?

...sounds dumb if not, considering I paid about 600 for it, even with the 100 rebate check, and the new phones are $199 for the phone I paid for.
    no I just spoke with an AT&T rep and he told me if I want to upgrade I will have to and additional 200 dollars for it so don't Believe everything you read.

The people who bought the iPhone when it first came out have to pay $200 dollars to be the 3g iPhone
    Last edited by jose675; 06-11-2008 at 09:45 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Green Apple
    Thanks

you guys should stop calling at&t and apple CUSTOMER SERVICE, they dont know **** and they would much rather just get you off the phone than tell you the truth, customer service will be the last to know anything, I am a contractor for a large corp. Time Warner and trust me they can hardly tell you what a dvr is and they have been out for how long? Just have some patience and wait until Apple releases some news publicly and I will bet if you call customer service a week later they wont even know about the announcement, hell they didnt know there was a 3g phone until yesterday (LOL)

Green Apple
    Thanks

I don't care about any 2 Year contract. Hell, I'll renew, extend, or whatever my current AT&T contract as long as i Get the phone for $199/$299 price. I'm just stuck on what Engadget said about having to be eligible for the "upgrade"...I dunno what that means.

I hope its not some crap like you have to be with AT&T for at least 1 year or 18 months or whatever in order for you to be eligible for the contract renewal and $199/$299 price.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

that if you bought your iPhone on may 27, 2008 you will get the free upgrade
    for those who bought the iPhone in 2007 you will have to pay 200 more

Green Apple
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by jose675 View Post
    that if you bought your iPhone on may 27, 2008 you will get the free upgrade
    for those who bought the iPhone in 2007 you will have to pay 200 more
    Pay $200 more as an $199 (8GB) + $200 or just $199 (8GB)???

And what if I just activated if AT&T like a month ago and got my iPhone two months ago??
    Last edited by rvashi; 06-11-2008 at 01:36 PM.

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

Once again i am wondering why you can't just activate in the store & then terminate service with in your 14, or 30 day service trial period? You wouldn't have to pay an early termination fee & if it doesn't state anywhere in the contract there will be an additonal fee for the phone, what can they do? You hae already technically paid Apple for the phone... I am not an AT&T customer so I was wondering if you an purchase insurance for the iPhone with them? Please let me know. Thanx ahead of time.
    "Win or lose, I promise you violence"

Wanderlei Silva

Thanks

i bought my iPhone on February 2008 but i never activated if i activaded now can el be a candidate for the 3g free....I live in Puerto Rico who is the oficial carrier america movil or AT&T

Green Apple
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by infamous12550 View Post
    Once again i am wondering why you can't just activate in the store & then terminate service with in your 14, or 30 day service trial period? You wouldn't have to pay an early termination fee & if it doesn't state anywhere in the contract there will be an additonal fee for the phone, what can they do? You hae already technically paid Apple for the phone... I am not an AT&T customer so I was wondering if you an purchase insurance for the iPhone with them? Please let me know. Thanx ahead of time.

Exactly but lets not talk this up too much because I'm sure these forums are monitored. I don't know if anyone has notice the big ATT adds on this site. Also it you were to cancel you contract could you just go in and add the iphone service or would you be stuck with a phone that dosn't work.

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by pospower View Post
    Exactly but lets not talk this up too much because I'm sure these forums are monitored. I don't know if anyone has notice the big ATT adds on this site. Also it you were to cancel you contract could you just go in and add the iphone service or would you be stuck with a phone that dosn't work.
    I think most people that want to cancel the AT&T service aren't worried about that beacuse they are hoping on using it unlocked & with another carrier anyway...
    "Win or lose, I promise you violence"

Wanderlei Silva