Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678 LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: ATT giving out free 3G iPhones

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by rvashi View Post
    I don't know if you guys are really understanding me or are even answering my question.

I am a Legit AT&T customer and I want to continue being a legit AT&T customer but I've only had my AT&T contract for two months now. That being said, am I still eligible for the $199/$299 price or is that price only for people who have been on the AT&T contract for at least one year (or whatever..18 months...whatever)???
    idk man my question is fairly close to urs so.... i wouldnt know what to tell ya

My iPhone is a Part of Me
    Thanks

Default lmao
    damn apple!

rvashi:
    they are probly going to restart your contract and charge you 100 for the upgrade. (if they dont change their upgrading specifically for this phone))

or you could go into at&t with your current phone (brick it first) and swap for the new one!

BUT THIS IS ALL SPECULATION UNTIL JULY 11TH! SO CAN WE PUT THIS TO REST TILL THEN, AND MAYBE GET BUSY DISECTING THE 2.O SO THOSE OF US WITH THE OLD PHONES (AND POSSIBLY WILL BE STUCK WITH THE OLD ONE, SINCE WE WONT KNOW FOR SURE WE CAN EVEN GET A 3G WITHOUT A CONTRACT) WILL BE ABLE TO UPDATE TO 2.0 AS SOON AS IT RELEASES.

JUST A THOUGHT!
    Last edited by tattoojack; 06-10-2008 at 02:34 PM.

I don't know if you guys are really understanding me or are even answering my question.

I am a Legit AT&T customer and I want to continue being a legit AT&T customer but I've only had my AT&T contract for two months now. That being said, am I still eligible for the $199/$299 price or is that price only for people who have been on the AT&T contract for at least one year (or whatever..18 months...whatever)???
    Are you on an iPhone plan or a regular non-iPhone plan?

If you're on an iPhone plan, you can eligible for an upgrade. If you're NOT on an iPhone plan, then chances are you're not. The minimum you can be eligible for an upgrade on a regular non-iPhone plan is something like 12 months.

I'm a helpful jerk, fear me.

Green Apple
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Happy Noodle Boy View Post
    Are you on an iPhone plan or a regular non-iPhone plan?

If you're on an iPhone plan, you can eligible for an upgrade. If you're NOT on an iPhone plan, then chances are you're not. The minimum you can be eligible for an upgrade on a regular non-iPhone plan is something like 12 months.
    Well, I am on the AT&T Unity Plan...that's what I started my contract with for the iPhone. Now as you say, if i am on the iPhone plan...then I am eligible...then can I switch to the iPhone plan, say today, and still be eligible?? What do you think?

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by starfreak View Post
    Lol thats bs, but i don't really care my dads buying the 3G and letting me use both, he mostly uses his nextel but he's getting 3G to check mail, and he's usually near computers, so he won't use it much and them i'll have BOTH!!!! Can't wait
    Your SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO cool! Cut the cord you daddy's boy loser... Do you wear daddy's underwear when he's not wearing them too?
    "Win or lose, I promise you violence"

Wanderlei Silva

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by infamous12550 View Post
    Your SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO cool! Cut the cord you daddy's boy loser... Do you wear daddy's underwear when he's not wearing them too?
    lol is all i got to say....

Default Petition
    Hey guys,

I just started an online petition to Apple and AT&T, asking them to reconsider their new purchasing policies for the iPhone 3G. Lets make our voices heard, just so they know that we do not agree with the policies.
    To Apple, Inc. and AT&T, Inc. in response to the introduction of the iPhone 3G Petition

Thanks,
    Alfonso Olvera

guys.. there are other sites besides apple and forums.. check them out.

eBay - New & used electronics, cars, apparel, collectibles, sporting goods & more at low prices
    eBay - The UK's Online Marketplace
    http://www.gotoyourlocalshoppingmall...obileshops.com
    CeX : we buy and sell Games, DVDs, PC Hardware & Software, Phones and electronics online

etc etc.. dont be noobs.. think.. iphone isnt the only contract phone..
    not to be opened before july 12th
    Thanks is an acknowledgment

could you even get and iPhone after may 27th? apple.com, & at&t.com were sold out, and my at&t store was also sold out.

My iPhone is a Part of Me tsatryan's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by woodlandsfonz View Post
    Hey guys,

I just started an online petition to Apple and AT&T, asking them to reconsider their new purchasing policies for the iPhone 3G. Lets make our voices heard, just so they know that we do not agree with the policies.
    To Apple, Inc. and AT&T, Inc. in response to the introduction of the iPhone 3G Petition

Thanks,
    Alfonso Olvera
    Not that I agree with the petition (because I don't), but the reality is that all "online petitions" are completely worthless.

so if you bought the iphone before may 27th you will still get the 3G iphone for free the only catch is a new 2 year contract? just wondering because that would be ok for me.

Green Apple
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by bleone81 View Post
    so if you bought the iphone before may 27th you will still get the 3G iphone for free the only catch is a new 2 year contract? just wondering because that would be ok for me.
    WTF??? You gotta be kiddin me! Now how did you ever come to that conclusion???

So far, I've been hearing that the 27th date is not even legit and AT&T reps are saying, there is nothing like that. Now I haven't called my local AT&T store because I am sure they're gonna' feed me the "we haven't received any further information as of yet" bulls***.

I just wanna' make sure that all it takes is a contract renewal and there is no eligibility requirements to do that. As long as its a simple, you're on contract for two months, no problem...add another 2 years and you're set for an iPhone 3G at $199/$299.

so what is atnt going to do with the old iphone donations?

i actualy call apple about this before i jumped into it but they said this is not true

Quote Originally Posted by wannagotopopeyes View Post
    So you cant even get it without a contract and pay like full price? like 399 or something
    what you can do is to pay for 199 and sign the 2y contract at the store then you break the contract by paying a $200 panelty. You will end up paying 399 for a 8g iphone 3G!!

Green Apple
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by disturbedreaper View Post
    i actualy call apple about this before i jumped into it but they said this is not true

Yeah...way to be specific there. What is not true??

WTF??? You gotta be kiddin me! Now how did you ever come to that conclusion???

So far, I've been hearing that the 27th date is not even legit and AT&T reps are saying, there is nothing like that. Now I haven't called my local AT&T store because I am sure they're gonna' feed me the "we haven't received any further information as of yet" bulls***.

I just wanna' make sure that all it takes is a contract renewal and there is no eligibility requirements to do that. As long as its a simple, you're on contract for two months, no problem...add another 2 years and you're set for an iPhone 3G at $199/$299.
    Anybody who purchased iphone after 5/27 needs to pay an extra 10% restocking fee if they want to upgrade to a "free" iphone 3G!

My iPhone is a Part of Me tsatryan's Avatar
    Thanks

What a thread... never have so many, said so much, for so long, so repetitiously, with so little real information.

just an idea but iim getting my cousin who is a AT&T user to buy my iphone for me then in about a week call and say that he dropped the phone in water and is going to use his old phone again. now wouldn't that work?

Question really free
    Will ATT & Apple really jus give me an iPhone 3G for simply signing a new 2yr agrmt? If so, Id have no prob with that I jus dont wanna be standing in the store looking like an idiot cause I read it somewhere online. lol. Do u hav to give them ur old one?

Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678 LastLast