+ Reply
Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: ATT giving out free 3G iPhones

is a discussion within the

iPhone News

forums, a part of the

General iPhone

section;
Originally Posted by Happy Noodle Boy AT&T is just trying to be what it once was :P From the AT&T Press Release: " With a two-year contract, the price of
    iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Happy Noodle Boy View Post

AT&T is just trying to be what it once was :P

From the AT&T Press Release: "With a two-year contract, the price of an 8GB iPhone 3G will be $199; the 16GB model will be priced at $299."
    hmmmmmm who do I trust? Apple or AT&T?

* Based on 3G and EDGE testing. Actual speeds vary by site conditions. Based on iPhone 3G (8GB) and first-generation iPhone (8GB) purchases. Requires new 2-year AT&T rate plan, sold separately.
    Some features and services are not available in all areas. See your carrier for details.
    1win.1 loss.1 draw

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Well I guess all the people with T-mobile who sold their 1st Gen iPhones feel stupid now, I wouldn't be surprised if the 1st Gen iPhones continue to stay in demand over the 3G ones...

Green Apple
    Thanks

yea i do!

Livin the iPhone Life Happy Noodle Boy's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by listenclose View Post
    hmmmmmm who do I trust? Apple or AT&T?

* Based on 3G and EDGE testing. Actual speeds vary by site conditions. Based on iPhone 3G (8GB) and first-generation iPhone (8GB) purchases. Requires new 2-year AT&T rate plan, sold separately.
    Some features and services are not available in all areas. See your carrier for details.
    "The new agreement between Apple and AT&T eliminates the revenue-sharing model under which AT&T shared a portion of monthly service revenue with Apple. Under the revised agreement, which is consistent with traditional equipment manufacturer-carrier arrangements, there is no revenue sharing and both iPhone 3G models will be offered at attractive prices to broaden the market potential and accelerate subscriber volumes. The phones will be offered with a two-year contract and attractive data plans that are similar to those offered for other smartphones and PDAs. AT&T anticipates that these offers will drive increased sales volumes and revenues among high-quality, data-centric customers."

I'm a helpful jerk, fear me.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Just to cover a few issues and not sound like a know-it-all:
    I seriously doubt they will restrict purchases to only new activations because how will they handle non warranty replacements in the future?

If they DO then as someone mentioned you CAN buy the phone for $199 and pay the $175 to cancel but you have to wait a full month as AT&T gives you 30 days to ride their network. Whoever said you would have to return the phone is wrong the $175 is a repayment of their subsidation for the phone so you keep the phone.

Apple and AT&T don't care how much you spent on your iphone when you bought it so on and so forth no other phone manufacturer does LG, Samsung, Nokia, RIM, HTC, theyre all the same you buy the device expecting planned obsolescence, that's technology so if you bought your old iphone before may 27th 2008 then Steve Jobs is not wiping your *** and you will be biting the bullet on your old iphone.

If you are not eligible for upgrade, our out of contract then you do not qualify for $199/$299.

Green Apple
    Thanks

anyone qualifies for the 199/299 if you get a contract!

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

why are t-mobiles screwed? other than they can't get 3g. they still get to use the iPhone at a WAY cheaper comparable usage plan.

tFT

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

no you're wrong its like any other phone they wont give you special pricing if you dont qualify why do apple owners think they get special treatment the 199/299 is not because of apple its at&t thats paying the diff so why would they pay the diff if its not in their best interest

Livin the iPhone Life sziklassy's Avatar
    Thanks

How generous... as of today that's what, a 2 week grace period? Thanks for bending over so far backwards ATT.
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    I once prayed to God for an iPhone, but quickly found out He didn't work that way...so I stole an iPhone and prayed for His forgiveness.

A dog is the only thing on earth that loves you more than you love yourself. - Josh Billings

Thanks

if you return your phone BY today... you'll get the most out of it...
    if i can burn crosses..i can dance to anything.

Thanks
    Im going to try and buy a "second" iPhone 3G for myself, and play dumb. Then i will turn around and sell it

I doubt they can ask you to prove that you dropped yours in water and broke it. It will sure be hard to do more than one or two... I would imagine it would be worth a lot on ebay
    Sent from my iPhone

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Are they determining purchase date solely by a sales receipt? Could someone, in theory, revirginize their 1st gen iPhone, put back in the supplied AT&T sim, and activate the phone with AT&T, and use the activation date of the account as the proof of sale?

Green Apple
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by ///Maybach View Post
    Im going to try and buy a "second" iPhone 3G for myself, and play dumb. Then i will turn around and sell it

I doubt they can ask you to prove that you dropped yours in water and broke it. It will sure be hard to do more than one or two... I would imagine it would be worth a lot on ebay

Finally someone else that thinks before they type. NO kidding. ATT or especially apple is not going to make you sign a contract if you have a second phone. I mean if you really want to make it legit say it was stolen from your car and get a police report.

My iPhone is a Part of Me tsatryan's Avatar
    Thanks

I guess no one here has ever heard of anyone trying to activate a phone that has been reported as stolen. The phone is locked out of the system and is completely unusable on the network. eBay is littered with scams of people attempting to sell phones that they "found" or some-such-thing. Someone buys them, and then find out they lost their money and have a worthless phone when they try to activate it.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

because it has not yet been posted:
    If we already have an iPhone activated July 27th 2007(or whenever it came out), can we still get 199/299 pricing? Will our contracts then be extended to three years or renewed to two years?

Thanks

Can anyone say Pay and run by the AT&T kiosk!!!!

Ok look If you bought an Iphone since May 27th, 2008 then you can trade in your Iphone for a 3G Free of Charge (if you have AT&T)

If you do not have AT&T then you need to wait for the 3G or Buy one now and sign the 2 year contract and then trade in your 1st gen for a 3G when they are available

If you have AT&T and bought an Iphone before May 27th 2008 then you need to buy a new 3G when they come out and EXTEND YOUR CONTRACT FOR ANOTHER 2 YEARS!
    Last edited by pfcfury; 06-10-2008 at 06:12 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Thanks

Might have to pay $199+$175 at the Apple store, and get a voucher for $175 that's redeemable when you sign up for the contract online
    To live, you have to lie

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Tmobile will start comming out 3g this summer.

Source
    Unsupported Browser

Iphone Spec.
    Cellular and wireless

* UMTS/HSDPA (850, 1900, 2100 MHz)
    * GSM/EDGE (850, 900, 1800, 1900 MHz)
    * Wi-Fi (802.11b/g)
    * Bluetooth 2.0 + EDR
    1900 is Tmobile.

Thanks

so much for the early adopters always getting the shaft

poetic just remember not all of us use tmo i use o2 while my wife uses tmobile gotta love germany

keep me updated on the price

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

ok so i am having a little bit of a hard time understand this, if somone could just let me know weather ive got this right then id really appreciate it.
    so i bought my iphone with a new 2-year service agreement in march, and not i want to upgrade to the new 3g iphone in july, i know i wont be eligable for the upgrade becuase my 2-years arent up, so does this mean i will be forced to pay more than $199 for the 8gb 2nd gen model?

+ Reply
Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast